Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top incoming 8th grade teams
bobcat4life. Wrote:Watch the middlesboro Jackets this year. won there confrence 3 years in a roll.Also there whole team is hold backs.SO WATCH OUT
We do play each other this coming season. I do believe it is at our place this year. We played an 8th grade game at Middlesboro last year. Should be a good game. Never count any of those Bell Co. teams out
The New Harlan Patriots may have something to say about the outcome of the playoffs this year. They have gained some much needed speed to their lineup, by way of transfer from Harlan Ind. They may have as many as four new players to add to their roster.
Well...Jackson Co took a hard hit today. Their top defensive player is going to have season ending knee surgery Friday morning. Jackson will still be ok but to lose a player like that will hurt.
Jackson Cofan Wrote:Well...Jackson Co took a hard hit today. Their top defensive player is going to have season ending knee surgery Friday morning. Jackson will still be ok but to lose a player like that will hurt.

Sorry to hear that!! Does anyone have any info. on Woodford Co. or Boyle, tks
redhound93 Wrote:Sorry to hear that!! Does anyone have any info. on Woodford Co. or Boyle, tks

Woodford Co's 8th grade whould be the best team i've seen from that county in quite a few years but i doubt they would be a serious threat to Corbin' 8 th grade. They have 2 or 3 kids that we never did figure out how to stop them on either side of the ball. Keep in mind tho Lex Cath's 7th grade numbers were way down last year so we may not be the team who could give them an honest comparison.

I also had noticed that a few people had Bowling Green's up coming 8th grade
was getting a lot of pre-season praise but it took a last second kick off return for them to beat us 22-16 last fall and our 7th grade team were not what you would call a powerhouse team last year.
Does anyone expect Grant co. to do anything this year after going to the state playoffs 2 years i a row and losing alot of key players?
Lewis County, Verity, Greenup County, and Raceland are all good coming out of NE Ky.
We are looking forward to getting back to lexington this year. We lost to bowling green in the state championship game last year actually got blown out. If i was going to pick a top 5, Bowling Green would probally be my #1. We would be in the top 5 just not sure bout alot of good teams out there. Woodford is right across the river from us but we dont play them. Shelby county is one of our toughest competitions looking forward to playing them again this year. Hope to see you all in the state tourney have a graet season everyone. Go ANDERSON COUNTY MUSTANGS 2009 STATE RUNNER UPS
Everybody ready for the start of practice this week!!!
Jackson Cofan Wrote:Well...Jackson Co took a hard hit today. Their top defensive player is going to have season ending knee surgery Friday morning. Jackson will still be ok but to lose a player like that will hurt.
Well I've been away for a bit as it was my son that had the knee surgery. It was a broke knee cap. Rehab on the knee is going good but it looks as though the season is a wash.
Have been to a few practices and the boys look good. We have added a couple of players and they seem to be holding their own. We are still a team learning the game of football, but only being a 5th year program I'm happy with the progress we have made. I've seem in another thread that alot more teams have joined the KYMSFA, thats great to hear. The season is upon us and I'm starting to feel the rush. Hope everyone has a great and fun season. There will be times when we will be tested when things don't go a certain way, but just remember in the end we are all part of the state of Kentucky football family
Watched Greenup 8th graders scrimmage against themselves. They looked real good looks like the practices and the weightlifting have made them into a football team. They be a force to be reckond with. I think their first game is against ashland Coach Hunt will have them ready. The 7th grade looked pretty good they won alot of games in JFL. But when they play the big teams I just don't know.
Anderson county middle was in the final game last year against bowling green. This years team looks strong ang could possibly give any middle school team a run for its money.
Dont count out Anderson county.Anderson county middle has played four games so far and racked up a 150 points in those games and allowed only four touch downs. Most of those came from the end of game when the" a "team was taken out.
I like all you eastern teams picking all you guys to be there in the end but if you remember right we are the state runner ups. We have 4 eighth graders this year that played in the game against Bowling Green for the championship last year. They all 4 have grown up this year and become players to be reckoned with. So when picking your top five always remember that team from central ky the state runner ups ANDERSON COUNTY MUSTANGS.
TOOMEY#4 Wrote:I like all you eastern teams picking all you guys to be there in the end but if you remember right we are the state runner ups. We have 4 eighth graders this year that played in the game against Bowling Green for the championship last year. They all 4 have grown up this year and become players to be reckoned with. So when picking your top five always remember that team from central ky the state runner ups ANDERSON COUNTY MUSTANGS.

You were indeed the 8th grade state runner-up team last year. However, how did you're 7th grade team fair last year? I haven't heard much about them and they will be the players competing for the 8th grade state championship not the runner-ups who are now freshmen in high school.
TOOMEY#4 Wrote:I like all you eastern teams picking all you guys to be there in the end but if you remember right we are the state runner ups. We have 4 eighth graders this year that played in the game against Bowling Green for the championship last year. They all 4 have grown up this year and become players to be reckoned with. So when picking your top five always remember that team from central ky the state runner ups ANDERSON COUNTY MUSTANGS.

It takes 11 player to when a game not 4, 6 linemen to block, 1 qb to throw and hand the ball off, a fb to either carry the ball or block for rb, 1 rb to carry or catch the ball out of the backfield and 2 wr to catch. so if my math is correct thats 11. See you at state Anderson!!
redhound93 Wrote:It takes 11 player to when a game not 4, 6 linemen to block, 1 qb to throw and hand the ball off, a fb to either carry the ball or block for rb, 1 rb to carry or catch the ball out of the backfield and 2 wr to catch. so if my math is correct thats 11. See you at state Anderson!!

I takes 11 to WIN a game. 5 lineman,1 QB, and 5 players at RB/FB/WR/TE positions. However dont forget about the eleven on the other side of the ball, they also seem to play a pretty big role in football games.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:I takes 11 to WIN a game. 5 lineman,1 QB, and 5 players at RB/FB/WR/TE positions. However dont forget about the eleven on the other side of the ball, they also seem to play a pretty big role in football games.

didnt mean to misspell win my bad, and also i included the TE as a linemen since he lines ups on the line of scrimmage with the linemen, also my point was it takes 11 players to stop or go throught the other 11 players to WIN a game not just 4.
Harlan ---------------------------
redhound93 Wrote:Is there any team out there that can give Corbin a fight? I know we will have a big bulleyes on our backs, but I know the coaches will have them ready for all opponents that come seeking to dethrown our team. Any takers????

New Harlan Patriots
:popcorn:
I guess Corbin couldn't back up what redhound was saying about them being the top dog. 7th grade state champion can be a good indication of how good you will be but you always have to remember the teams that play their 7th graders on the 8th grade team and tend to focus more on the 8th grade games.
RichBrooks Wrote:I guess Corbin couldn't back up what redhound was saying about them being the top dog. 7th grade state champion can be a good indication of how good you will be but you always have to remember the teams that play their 7th graders on the 8th grade team and tend to focus more on the 8th grade games.

I guess you got a good point there. Considering Harlan Co. does combine there 7th and 8th grade team to ensure they get the best of both grades on the field together. As for Corbin they play seperate games and 7th strictly stays with 7th. Gives both 7th and 8th a chance to be good and compete in the state tournament, but takes away the possibility to field the best team possible. But there are teams like Harlan and others who strictly focus on winning at the 8th grade level and combine 7th and 8th. There are advantages and disadvantages to both sides.
The Louisa Middle School (Lawrence Co) 8th grade has to be one of the best out there. They are very well coached. Run same offense and defense as high school and will be a force in the future. ..
Jackson Cofan Wrote:This is my top 5 for this coming season based on teams that I have seen play.

1. Clay Co
2. Corbin
3. Lone Oak
4. Jackson Co
5. Greenup Co
The reason I put Clay #1 is beacuse they BEAT corbin last year
You can take Lone Oak out of that line up because the #1 team in the West Kentucky Conference right now is Heath. Heath is 5-0 but they'll definately be tested Tuesday the 7th when they face off against Lone Oak.
redhound93 Wrote:Here is my Top 5
1. Corbin
2. Lone Oak
3. Bowling Green
4. Jackson Co.
5. Greenup Co.

The reason why I didnt put Clay Co. in top 5 is because they are not in the KYMSFA, if they are they didnt make playoffs last yr. and everyone else did. Also I heard they had 8th grade and freshmen on their 7th grade team. If I'm wrong.... my apologies.

In my unbiased opinion... at this stage in the season, taking in consideration that i have only seen a handful of these teams but judging from what I have seen, my top 5 would be:

1. Corbin
2.New Harlan
3.Mercer County
4.Johnson County
5.Anderson County

other teams that could break into the top 5 would be .... Lone Oak, Heath, Lexington Catholic, Greenup County, Jackson County, Clay County.
oops. i also forgot Knox Co.
Knighted,
What can you tell me about Mercer,kind of crazy that Anderson and Mercer
are about 15 miles apart and we don't even come close to playing.
MUSTANG PRIDE Wrote:Knighted,
What can you tell me about Mercer,kind of crazy that Anderson and Mercer
are about 15 miles apart and we don't even come close to playing.

Mercer is a very physical but speedy team. They pass a bit but love to run the ball outside the tackles. They have some very big linemen that can pull very well. As good as Anderson and Mercer are, I cant fathom why you guys don't hook up and play each other. It would be a very good game experience for the both of you.
I agree we should be playing each other,Knighted thanks for the info.
Corbin could always agree to play Bell Co. I bet they could take care of the Bullseye for you.