Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top incoming 8th grade teams
Johnson County 8th is with out a doubt the best team in Kentucky.
Lexington Catholic could break into the top 5 ranking. They are the underdog in the mix.
Maybe after the Division State Champs are crowned. There could be two more games and determine the best and shut all of us up.
Watkins64 Wrote:Johnson County 8th is with out a doubt the best team in Kentucky.

In Division 1, and yes they should beat anybody around. I think that they can make a good run for it.
Possiblity that JC in Div 1, Verity in Div 2 and Racelandin Div 3 all could go to the carpet,,,,,posssible!!
ManofGOD Wrote:In Division 1, and yes they should beat anybody around. I think that they can make a good run for it.
Possiblity that JC in Div 1, Verity in Div 2 and Racelandin Div 3 all could go to the carpet,,,,,posssible!!

Now,Now ManofGod you know in your heart that Verity isn't going to the carpet. I would love to see them there but its a hard road to travel with New Harlan and possibly even Adams who nobody seems to give a chance. New Harlan beat Corbin 8-6 and Knox 8-6 and played Bell tough before losing 20-14. I hate to admit it but football is played differently down in southeastern KY. I 've watched Bell and Corbin the past 3 years and I just sit there shaking my head wondering how they get those kids to attack the ball and play that zone pass coverage like I wish our highschool would. We played pretty well when we beat Bell Co. this year but u give Bell #32 and maybe 2 more like him and I would be wondering why we would even be playing them. Must be something in the water. I do wish we had gone d1 and got to play Johnson co. win or lose. I hope it would have been fun to watch.:notworthy
you might want to look at Jefferson County...
knighted Wrote:Now,Now ManofGod you know in your heart that Verity isn't going to the carpet. I would love to see them there but its a hard road to travel with New Harlan and possibly even Adams who nobody seems to give a chance. New Harlan beat Corbin 8-6 and Knox 8-6 and played Bell tough before losing 20-14. I hate to admit it but football is played differently down in southeastern KY. I 've watched Bell and Corbin the past 3 years and I just sit there shaking my head wondering how they get those kids to attack the ball and play that zone pass coverage like I wish our highschool would. We played pretty well when we beat Bell Co. this year but u give Bell #32 and maybe 2 more like him and I would be wondering why we would even be playing them. Must be something in the water. I do wish we had gone d1 and got to play Johnson co. win or lose. I hope it would have been fun to watch.:notworthy

I too wish Lex Cath was in the same divison as Johnson. It would be such a sweet game to watch.
I think that in the D3 division Cumberland in Harlan Co. is being overlooked. I think they will take it all the way!!!!
Jackson Cofan Wrote:This is my top 5 for this coming season based on teams that I have seen play.

1. Clay Co
2. Corbin
3. Lone Oak
4. Jackson Co
5. Greenup Co
The reason I put Clay #1 is beacuse they BEAT corbin last year

You must have missed the conference playoffs last week--Corbin 50 Clay County,:ChairHit::ChairHit: yes your #1 team in the state-0 and it wasn't that close!!!