Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW COACH AT SHELBY VALLEY?
Who will be the new head coach at Shelby Valley? Has any one heard anything else about this?
I think Ben Howard...if im not mistaken
I didn't really know and was makeing sure because that is what I've heard around the county! Would that be a good decision to get Valley a new coach???
Most defintely SVHERO.........Valley as i see it is on a downward spiral but with the lasck of success they have been having it is safe to say a coach change could'nt hurt....althoug not sure if it could help either.....valleys program is slowly deteriorating. I have heard some good things about Howardbut the question you have to ask yourself HERO is.......Will Howard know how to take a team and run it right off the bat to produce a force in AA......i just dont see it happening
Well it doesn't make alot of since when Howard that was once QB coah at Pikeville Collage, come to a school that has been 5-6 for the past 2 years. Is he going to make valley better or worse?? Will they be better and become a small team powerhouse?? Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Confusedhock:
Noo...Not a chance...
I think shelby valley will be a really good football team in a few years and i am not for sure but i have heard rumors that ben howard has a teaching job at valley right now and will be there head coach next year 2005

Good luck
Yeah...He is in the bag at SV........I still think it will take them a few years to become anything above the level of OK....
I agree with you PM. It'll take him a couple years to get things goin for SV.
Do you think they'll be better because of Howard being the coach now? And how will he help them?
SV and Pike Central always seem to have coaching problems. Hopefully in the next few years both will have reliable ones.
4leaf Wrote:Do you think they'll be better because of Howard being the coach now? And how will he help them?

Valley had some decent talent last year, so if this new coach can get the kids to listen to him then I think they will be alright..
Next year they will be returning John Johnson, Colby Newsome, Chris Tackett, and a Sophmore who I think will be there starting QB and that is Tyler Johnson.
they will also have most of the o-line returning with the exception of a tackle and a guard....and only one of those 2 had good talent
I'm not trying to be mean or nothing but you know pantherboya if you have watched them boys play they couldn't!!! John couldn't play for his ankle, Chris is not that good as everyone trys to put him to be!! And matter of fact they made pikecouty team, which I think other people should have got to be in there spots!
Eric Ratliff will be head coach at SVHS.......Not Ben.. Good luck up their Ratliff....You'll need it...
What, is this just your opinion or have you heard this from a reliable source.
Well whoever the new coach is going to be. I hope they can turn this team into a winning program. Weve carried ourselves to the playoffs 2 years in a row on talent alone. Dont get me wrong we have some good coaches but i believe a new start at the top will be the best thing for us. Look for the new head coach to be named within the next 2 weeks.
I heard hal Mumme is going to be next coach up there...They better bring back Bear Bryant or Lombardi to fix that mess up there.
POOFACE Wrote:I heard hal Mumme is going to be next coach up there...They better bring back Bear Bryant or Lombardi to fix that mess up there.

Tell you the truth I don't think them people you listed is even in the metion up at valley. In matter of fact who is this people
SVHERO#74 Wrote:
POOFACE Wrote:I heard hal Mumme is going to be next coach up there...They better bring back Bear Bryant or Lombardi to fix that mess up there.

Tell you the truth I don't think them people you listed is even in the metion up at valley. In matter of fact who is this people

Mumme is the former UK coach, Bryant is the former Texas A&M coach (also coached at uk for a while, and I thought he was dead), Lombardi, well he's about the greatest coach ever.

And that was uncalled for POOFACE.
i hate to bust ur guys hopes up, but a very good source told me that his salary has been upped to get him to stay on with the college and he accepted. He could be teaching at valley but that would be it. He loves the college game too much.
About Ben Howard...around Valley I've seen him doing more talking to Andy Moberly, one of the basketball coaches than anyone dealing with the football program.
4leaf Wrote:Do you think they'll be better because of Howard being the coach now? And how will he help them?
Howard has not been hired as coach of the Wildcats...let's be careful with our statements.
I have heard from many reliable sources and they have told me that howard will be the head coach for sure, just what people have told me and very reliable ones.
Sorry spxdad, I didnt mean for it to sound like he IS the coach. Just wondered how much it would help IF he was the coach.
these 4 have applied for the job

Anthony Hampton
Ben Howard
Greg Newsome
Bobby Branham

i have heard that any of the first 3 have a shot at the job just have to wait it out and see who gets it
kyfootballfan Wrote:these 4 have applied for the job

Anthony Hampton
Ben Howard
Greg Newsome
Bobby Branham

i have heard that any of the first 3 have a shot at the job just have to wait it out and see who gets it
I heard this job has been officially posted and the posting will not close until Feb 24th.