Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(2) West Virginia 73 - (1) Kentucky 66 (NCAA - Elite Eight)
Aslan Wrote:Me. I said in the prediction thread this would be the best team UK has played the entire year.

I know you did Aslan. Thanks for being honest.
PC_You_Know Wrote:I think your team played nuts. They shoot I think 32% from three all year and they shot over 70% in this game and you're acting like you "beat" UK. WVU played the game of their lives and barely escaped.

It's called "Winning Ugly" and I'll take it.
Congrats to WVU on the win. They were the better team tonight. IMO I don't see how anyone can blame the refs for this loss. UK shot horrible and lost plain and simple. WVU played better. Now I hope WVU wins it all.
Great season for the Kentucky WILDCATS!
Wish we would've went further but it happens.
Beats the heck outta the NIT LOL
Heres to more years with Coach Cal!
Admin of Kentuckynerd.com
Please come listen to the podcast and read some articles.
PC_You_Know Wrote:I think your team played nuts. They shoot I think 32% from three all year and they shot over 70% in this game and you're acting like you "beat" UK. WVU played the game of their lives and barely escaped.

So, the Cat's let them play Nuts? If I have a team that their only FG in the first 17minutes of the game is threepointers, maybe I defend it! If I am 0-20 shooting my own three, maybe I come up with a different game plan! It sure looked to me that it was WVU running a 1-3-1 zone that UK was dumbfounded over the first 30 minutes of the game. Yet, WVU was Lucky :popcorn:
Westside Wrote:Congrats to WVU on the win. They were the better team tonight. IMO I don't see how anyone can blame the refs for this loss. UK shot horrible and lost plain and simple. WVU played better. Now I hope WVU wins it all.

Great post. We knew this was going to be a physical game, and we knew that any Bob Huggins team ALWAYS gets a game that the refs allow play. I'm ticked that our gameplan didn't plan for the 1-3-1 defense. Cal and the players were completely lost for 30 minutes of this game. Our defense couldn't defend the Three? We continue to shoot threes even when we are 0-20? C'mon, where is the coach changing the gameplan! This team played plane and simple like a FRESHMAN team. Wall could have got to the lane ANYTIME he wanted, but he decided he didn't want to. Don't give me this crap that WVU was lucky, they won and they won playing their gameplan. UK lost because they never played the gameplan that they have played all year long, and that was because of the opposition!

As a Blue and White fan, I completely disagree with those who felt like this was a disappointing season. Knowing where this program was, I love where we got to. UK plane and simple just began a season that will become the next DYNASTY. UK is back, and trips deep into the tournament will be the "Rule" and no longer the "Exception" Congrats to the Cats, and Welcome back to the Dance!
It was a very bizarre game to watch. WVU wins ugly again. Lol, I have to admit living in Kentucky and being a WVU fan this feels sweet.

Good luck to UK next year. Calipari will again land top recruits
Post 58 by Outdoorsman is best post on game in my opinion. I agree with all that. Not that there aren't other good points in other posts.
its not the refs fault, it is a lack of basic understanding of the fundamentals of basketball. if you are behind you do not sit in a zone!! also when they have no primary ball handler in the game, put pressure on them!!! especially when you are behind!!! and losing by more than 10. the inability of uk to make free throws sealed the deal. but again why was there no pressure when mazzulla was out of the game??? if u can't get the ball up the court you cant score!!! imagine that!!! so i blame both the players and the coach for not putting the pressure on
WVU was the better team last night. Our defense was pretty good the first half and i would say that 7 or 8 of the threes they hit in the first half were contensted. I think the second half our defense lacked the intensity we normall play with and IMO it was because we weren't shooting good on the other end, and our players were getting upset. As far as the coaching aspect i think Huggins had his players ready and they really executed their 1-3-1 zone. The only thing i questioned on Cal's side is why he didnt press. WVU showed that we were turnover prone against Washington and the press. With Bryant out they had 23 turnovers against the press but we didnt run any traps or fullcourt pressure until i believe the 2:43 mark down 10.

As for the season..... Wow 35 wins and hit my expectations. I would like to thank Cal for bringing us back to relevancy. And thank all the players, but especially Patrick Patterson, Ramon Harris, Perry Stevenson, and Mark Krebs. And Good luck to all that decide that the NBA is their best option.

BTW... I hope the next time Patterson sees Jodie Meeks he punches him in the face!
I am a UK fan but I do not drink the blue kool-aid and fanatically think that everytime UK loses is because of the officiating. They got beat by a team that wanted it more Saturday night. Coach Cal's teams did not adjust to the zones played by Huggins and they got rattled early and stayed rattled. The issue I have with Coach Cal's teams is free throw shooting. Someone posted earlier that he had stated that he doesn't work on free throw shooting very much. If I had coached in the 2008 national championship game in which free throw shooting cost me the championship, I believe practicing free throws would be a priority.
This loss is a tough to pill to swallow for Kentucky.

I want to make something very clear right now. Kentucky did not in any way lose this game because of youth or inexperience. When you shoot that poorly from the free-throw line/three-point line, you will get beat; especially to a team as good as West Virginia. WVU should have won this game by 20+ the way UK was shooting. I think Coach Cal was outcoached tonight, but I am in no way about to turn on him. He is the man for the job and there will be more opportunities in the future such as these. The thing is, why take so many three's? I seriously don't understand. I mean, dribble into 15-17 feet and shoot a mid-range jumper. You don't have to shoot 30+ three's, especially if they're not falling.

Bob Huggins played a very effective 1-3-1 zone to keep the ball out of the paint. This made our guards think (they only thought they had to shoot these three's, they should have penetrated the zone) they had to jack up three's to force WVU out of the zone. I'm not sure why our guards couldn't figure out that penetrating the zone was the only answer. UK had the size to get offensive rebounds. It's a lot easier to offensive rebound when you're shooting shots that are closer to the basket. The thing about this was rebounding wasn't the problem. UK outrebounded WVU 51 to 36. It's pretty sad when you dominate the glass like UK did and get beat.

Free throws also killed UK tonight. This is the only thing I put on Coach Cal. I have said all year that when there is a tight game and the game is on the line, I really don't trust our guys to knock down shots from the charity stripe throughout the game. Overall, a pitiful performance from the line and there is absolutely no excuse for it. Don't think free-throw shooting won't get you beat and it's not important, because it can and it will. Why Coach Cal (and all coaches for that matter) don't emphasize that more, I will never know.

WVU wasn't really that impressive on the offensive end. They were hot and knocked down a few three's in the first half to get an early lead. They maintained this lead throughout when UK literally let Joe Mazzulla have four or five layups. I mean, Mazzulla literally had layups that were easier to make than when in warmups before a game. WVU kept running a play where UK's defensive players (usually Cousins or Dodson that I seen) went around the screen instead of under it and that led to the easiest of layups for Mazzulla.

Mazzulla pretty much had the game of his life at the right time of the year. He played pretty good defense and knocked down some key free-throws that made his 55% shooting from the line look like a misprint. All of WVU's players for that matter made their free-throws down the stretch and kept UK a distant 6-10 points away.

I will say this one more time: Kentucky DID NOT lose this game because of playing so many freshmen and they were inexperienced. I don't want to hear that garbage. Shooting beat this team tonight, NOTHING ELSE. Being young had absolutely nothing to do with it. I don't care what Jay Bilas, Pat Forde, Doug Gottlieb, or whoever says about it. It's garbage. This team had a whole season of experience and winning close games. Look what experience got Kansas: a big second-round exit. So, don't tell me anything about experience. It shouldn't even be mentioned. It's a bunch of horse manure.

I really hate to see this season end because of how incredible it was. John Wall, DeMarcus Cousins, Patrick Patterson, and Eric Bledsoe were a pleasure to watch and it will be tough seeing them go. Ramon Harris, Perry Stevenson, and Mark Krebs will be remembered as well for putting playing time aside and just accepting their roles on the team.

It was an incredible year and UK's "Glory Days" rebirth have just begun. Go Big Blue!
As bad as i hate to say it, no one beat uk tonight but uk. I dont see how anyone can say Cal got out coached or it was his fault though he can only coach the players he cant make the shots for them. That was the poorest shooting performance by a team i have ever seen. They had the open looks just didnt knock them down.
My life is over for the next 3 or 4 days...

Go Big Blue.
UnderArmour24 Wrote:As bad as i hate to say it, no one beat uk tonight but uk. I dont see how anyone can say Cal got out coached or it was his fault though he can only coach the players he cant make the shots for them. That was the poorest shooting performance by a team i have ever seen. They had the open looks just didnt knock them down.

It was both the shooting and the coaching. Like i said earlier, we all watched WVU struggle against washington and their press. Yet we didn't try to press them til the last 3 minutes. It's not a knock against Cal or the players, just bad games happen, and unfortunately you cant have one in the tournament if you want to win a championship.
In defense of Cousins, if he wanted to stay, and I really want him to, I think that if I was him, I couldn't put up with the NCAA refs and the way they handled him. Last night , they called him for a foul that was over the back, he was in the front position. He would have to jump over Mugsey Boggs to be over the back, there was no one in front of him. He gets Body slammed to the floor, the commentators are saying, how can that not be an intentional foul. They go to the monitors, nope, just a foul. I could go on and on, but we have seen the discrepencies, between, he better not clip them, but they can knock the guy over, step on him and keep going. Now he has managed to get his temper under control, but as a WV transplant to Kentucky and will sometimes root for the Mounties, I would have liked to have helped sweep the sidewalk last night. Kudos to you Demarcus, your anger management, just earned you another 40 mil. You can play with the big boys and not get called for the fouls like you do now, so unfairly.
Congrats WV
Just a few thoughts on the game last night......
It wasn't the refs.....it wasn't Coach Cal's coaching ability or Huggins 1-3-1......and for you WVU fans who make me want to vomit it wasn't the greatness of your players.....last nights game ended the way it did because UK didn't make shots. It's really simple.....you gotta put the ball in the hole and our guys couldn't throw one in the ocean. Back to the WVU fans who make me want to vomit.....enjoy the rest of this season because when it is over you will be back to what you are in basketball and that is mediocre. Without a doubt this WVU team is a good team who deserved to win last night but in the landscape of college basketball West Virginia basketball is a mere speck of signifigance. Don't compare it to UK and don't gloat any harder then what you should because WVU basketball stinks.......why even talk about it it doesn't matter.....and I know that some guys are gonna say "well we beat UK ....blah blah blah once in a lifetime....You neers fans know that......good luck hope you win it all.

On the bright side UK is back...we only have good things to look forward to....sure I'm upset. I feel like we really under achieved and that the chance at an eighth national title was right there for the taking.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:This loss is a tough to pill to swallow for Kentucky.

I want to make something very clear right now. Kentucky did not in any way lose this game because of youth or inexperience. When you shoot that poorly from the free-throw line/three-point line, you will get beat; especially to a team as good as West Virginia. WVU should have won this game by 20+ the way UK was shooting. I think Coach Cal was outcoached tonight, but I am in no way about to turn on him. He is the man for the job and there will be more opportunities in the future such as these. The thing is, why take so many three's? I seriously don't understand. I mean, dribble into 15-17 feet and shoot a mid-range jumper. You don't have to shoot 30+ three's, especially if they're not falling.

Bob Huggins played a very effective 1-3-1 zone to keep the ball out of the paint. This made our guards think (they only thought they had to shoot these three's, they should have penetrated the zone) they had to jack up three's to force WVU out of the zone. I'm not sure why our guards couldn't figure out that penetrating the zone was the only answer. UK had the size to get offensive rebounds. It's a lot easier to offensive rebound when you're shooting shots that are closer to the basket. The thing about this was rebounding wasn't the problem. UK outrebounded WVU 51 to 36. It's pretty sad when you dominate the glass like UK did and get beat.

Free throws also killed UK tonight. This is the only thing I put on Coach Cal. I have said all year that when there is a tight game and the game is on the line, I really don't trust our guys to knock down shots from the charity stripe throughout the game. Overall, a pitiful performance from the line and there is absolutely no excuse for it. Don't think free-throw shooting won't get you beat and it's not important, because it can and it will. Why Coach Cal (and all coaches for that matter) don't emphasize that more, I will never know.

WVU wasn't really that impressive on the offensive end. They were hot and knocked down a few three's in the first half to get an early lead. They maintained this lead throughout when UK literally let Joe Mazzulla have four or five layups. I mean, Mazzulla literally had layups that were easier to make than when in warmups before a game. WVU kept running a play where UK's defensive players (usually Cousins or Dodson that I seen) went around the screen instead of under it and that led to the easiest of layups for Mazzulla.

Mazzulla pretty much had the game of his life at the right time of the year. He played pretty good defense and knocked down some key free-throws that made his 55% shooting from the line look like a misprint. All of WVU's players for that matter made their free-throws down the stretch and kept UK a distant 6-10 points away.

I will say this one more time: Kentucky DID NOT lose this game because of playing so many freshmen and they were inexperienced. I don't want to hear that garbage. Shooting beat this team tonight, NOTHING ELSE. Being young had absolutely nothing to do with it. I don't care what Jay Bilas, Pat Forde, Doug Gottlieb, or whoever says about it. It's garbage. This team had a whole season of experience and winning close games. Look what experience got Kansas: a big second-round exit. So, don't tell me anything about experience. It shouldn't even be mentioned. It's a bunch of horse manure.

I really hate to see this season end because of how incredible it was. John Wall, DeMarcus Cousins, Patrick Patterson, and Eric Bledsoe were a pleasure to watch and it will be tough seeing them go. Ramon Harris, Perry Stevenson, and Mark Krebs will be remembered as well for putting playing time aside and just accepting their roles on the team.

It was an incredible year and UK's "Glory Days" rebirth have just begun. Go Big Blue!

First Paragraph: I agree, UK was not beat because of their youth, they were beat by a better team. UK's Freshman were no longer Freshman once the SEC league play began. These players were the best players in the nation. Wall, Cousins, Orton and Bledsoe became top college basketball players, and youth did not play a factor from that point on. As for being outcoached, that was defintely a factor. Cal has never shown that he is a great X's & O's guy. He puts the best talent on the floor and rolls the ball out. His hsitory in the NCAA tournament against teams of equal caliber has proven my point though this will ruffle the fans of my team, UK, Cal is not in the same category as Coack K & Rick Pitino in game strategy. Too often, too many times, we have relied on talent instead of adjusting game plan. I am a huge UK fan and I am completely satisfied with this team, so say all you want, I'm telling it like it is. Cal is a great recruiter, but has had a history of not making the right game changes.

Second Paragraph: Bob Huggins IS a good coach. He has always take the games pariahs and turned them into a team. Having witness many of his games at UC, he relies on a M2M defense. yet, he will press, he will play a 3-2 zone, he will half court trap, and as we saw last night, play a 1-3-1. He will coach the game at hand. He will take the other teams strengths away. He will coach a very physical game and he will bark on the sidelines until he gets the calls that he wants. I typically hate the coach that barks and barks, but if the barking gets the calls for your team, well then I take my hat off, because he got the refs to call the game that MY COACH couldn't influence. As for rebounding, when you shoot 0-20 three pointers, you should be getting rebounds, thus I the rebounding factor meant zero. We did not get the kind of rebounds that made a difference.

Third Paragraph: You said it as well as I could have. We were terrible in FT shooting. It was no secret that this team over the last four weeks progressively got worse in FT% with each game. That is not typical of the great teams. FT% goes up down the stretch of the season. Ft% cost Memphis a National championship, I would have hoped our team would have put more emphasis on this down the stretch.

Fourth Paragraph: "WVU wasn't really that impressive on the offensive end. They were hot and knocked down a few three's in the first half...":igiveup: What? WVU made EIGHT three pointers in the first half. It was the only, I repeat only FG's they made in the first half. And we couldn't get out and defend it? That's the only shots they were taking, and our defense didn't know it was coming? At what point to you defend the three and make them beat you in the paint where we have the best frontline in the nation! And the Cats, at what point does someone on the sidelines say "We are 0-20", lets play the Dribble Drive". Yep, experience didn't lose the game, but maybe the experience on the sideline could have been more helpful.

Fifth Paragraph: Though Mazzula scored the most points in a game in his career, it was not the game of his life. This was the starting point guard for WVU his Sophmore year when he suffered career ending shoulder damege, but give it to this kids heart, he battled back and was actually getting more minutes per game than Bryant once the BEAST tournament started. This kid is a player, and yesterday, he outplayed the BEST point guard in the nation. My hats off to this young man, he was awesome. Lucky, no way. He stepped up to the challenge and WON!

You are absolutely right, experience did not lose this game for the Cats. But, it didn't win it for them either. Let's all face it, we were beat by the better team last night. Yeah, I go with the theory that play this game 10 times and UK wins more than they lose, but that's not how the National Championship is decided. You put all your marbels on the tabel, and may the best team, with the most heart, and best gameplan, and the most discipline win. That is exactly what happened last night. The most disciplined team won.

I wish WVU fans all the best in the Final 4. They deserve to be there, they earned it. Hate on them all you want my fellow UK fans, the Mountaineers came in with a better game plan, and they executed it!

As for the Cats, this was an awesome run. Not knowing if we will have much of this core back next year, I could really care less. This group put UK Basketball back on the National scene. This team started what will be the next UK Dynasty. Though we may never see four year superstars at UK for a long time, I'll take the telent and hope that they can get me dancing every March!
Fiddler Wrote:Just a few thoughts on the game last night......
It wasn't the refs.....it wasn't Coach Cal's coaching ability or Huggins 1-3-1......and for you WVU fans who make me want to vomit it wasn't the greatness of your players.....last nights game ended the way it did because UK didn't make shots. It's really simple.....you gotta put the ball in the hole and our guys couldn't throw one in the ocean. Back to the WVU fans who make me want to vomit.....enjoy the rest of this season because when it is over you will be back to what you are in basketball and that is mediocre. Without a doubt this WVU team is a good team who deserved to win last night but in the landscape of college basketball West Virginia basketball is a mere speck of signifigance. Don't compare it to UK and don't gloat any harder then what you should because WVU basketball stinks.......why even talk about it it doesn't matter.....and I know that some guys are gonna say "well we beat UK ....blah blah blah once in a lifetime....You neers fans know that......good luck hope you win it all.

On the bright side UK is back...we only have good things to look forward to....sure I'm upset. I feel like we really under achieved and that the chance at an eighth national title was right there for the taking.

A mere speck of significance? So then we lost to a program with zero history? Hmm, WVU, with Jerry West and didn't I see a stat last night that said WVU has more wins than UK over the last ten years. I could care less what happened 20, 30, 50 years ago, it sure looks like WVU basketball is significant in the scheme of college basketball right now! Forget about the last ten years as well, it's WVU, with zero significance that is headed to the Final 4. I guess they are significant now! I'll also take my hat off to their players, because their players outplayed ours!
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:OK then, what top 10 teams did UK play this year besides WVU???

UConn???? NOPE

UNC???? Worst UNC team in decades

Louisville??? Not this year

WVU beat Ohio State WITH Evan Turner, at Villanova, and Georgetown(2). We lost to Syracuse at home and Villanova at home. Our only blow out loss to a top ten team was January 1 at Purdue.

BTW, told you guys not to sell us short. You all thought I was nuts.

I have to agree here! WV has found a way to win! I cant recall of them blowing anyone out, but a win is a win! Thats all they have said on here in the nail biters uk has one! then they get beat and suddenly a win is not win, they got lucky:eyeroll:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
Blame it on the refs or what not! blame it on poor shooting from the 3 pt line! I think Freethrows is what lost it and the lack of no defense! Muzzula went to the basket at will last night!...Sure WV hit alot of threes, leave me open and i will make one too!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"

THEY WERE WIDE OPEN! most teams played Defense on WV, uk didnt
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
Stardust Wrote:A mere speck of significance? So then we lost to a program with zero history? Hmm, WVU, with Jerry West and didn't I see a stat last night that said WVU has more wins than UK over the last ten years. I could care less what happened 20, 30, 50 years ago, it sure looks like WVU basketball is significant in the scheme of college basketball right now! Forget about the last ten years as well, it's WVU, with zero significance that is headed to the Final 4. I guess they are significant now! I'll also take my hat off to their players, because their players outplayed ours!

Good post. I agree 100%. Maybe Fiddler needs some Pepto-Bismol if stays nauseated and feels like he is going to vomit so much.
reaper Wrote:its not the refs fault, it is a lack of basic understanding of the fundamentals of basketball. if you are behind you do not sit in a zone!! also when they have no primary ball handler in the game, put pressure on them!!! especially when you are behind!!! and losing by more than 10. the inability of uk to make free throws sealed the deal. but again why was there no pressure when mazzulla was out of the game??? if u can't get the ball up the court you cant score!!! imagine that!!! so i blame both the players and the coach for not putting the pressure on

That's all Cal. WVU went all to h*** when UK applied full court pressure the last few mintues of the game. Why that wasn't the game plan from the start is beyond me.
Mazulla shreaded UK's defense. Teams are going to have horrid shooting nights. It then depends on their defense to pull the game out. UK's was very poor.
FoOtBaLl FrEaK 8-0 Wrote:I have to agree with this. There were countless times that I screamed at the top of my lungs because of those screens (most of them being by mazzoula). He would squat, connect his fists in the middle of his chest and jut his elbows out into every one of UK's players. That is ILLEGAL. He should have been fouled out in the first half because of this. You can't do that. Obviously that changes the outcome of the game. Nevertheless, the Cats just didn't have it tonight, missing 20 straight 3's and playing careless defense down the stretch lost them the game. It's unfortunate that they had to play their worst game in the last game.

And i have to agree with your post. I couldn't believe the refs were not calling fouls on Mazzoula when he ran these illegal screens. Still though, a terrible game by the Cats. Had to be the worst game played this season.
Stardust Wrote:A mere speck of significance? So then we lost to a program with zero history? Hmm, WVU, with Jerry West and didn't I see a stat last night that said WVU has more wins than UK over the last ten years. I could care less what happened 20, 30, 50 years ago, it sure looks like WVU basketball is significant in the scheme of college basketball right now! Forget about the last ten years as well, it's WVU, with zero significance that is headed to the Final 4. I guess they are significant now! I'll also take my hat off to their players, because their players outplayed ours!
+1
Stardust Wrote:First Paragraph: I agree, UK was not beat because of their youth, they were beat by a better team. UK's Freshman were no longer Freshman once the SEC league play began. These players were the best players in the nation. Wall, Cousins, Orton and Bledsoe became top college basketball players, and youth did not play a factor from that point on. As for being outcoached, that was defintely a factor. Cal has never shown that he is a great X's & O's guy. He puts the best talent on the floor and rolls the ball out. His hsitory in the NCAA tournament against teams of equal caliber has proven my point though this will ruffle the fans of my team, UK, Cal is not in the same category as Coack K & Rick Pitino in game strategy. Too often, too many times, we have relied on talent instead of adjusting game plan. I am a huge UK fan and I am completely satisfied with this team, so say all you want, I'm telling it like it is. Cal is a great recruiter, but has had a history of not making the right game changes.

Second Paragraph: Bob Huggins IS a good coach. He has always take the games pariahs and turned them into a team. Having witness many of his games at UC, he relies on a M2M defense. yet, he will press, he will play a 3-2 zone, he will half court trap, and as we saw last night, play a 1-3-1. He will coach the game at hand. He will take the other teams strengths away. He will coach a very physical game and he will bark on the sidelines until he gets the calls that he wants. I typically hate the coach that barks and barks, but if the barking gets the calls for your team, well then I take my hat off, because he got the refs to call the game that MY COACH couldn't influence. As for rebounding, when you shoot 0-20 three pointers, you should be getting rebounds, thus I the rebounding factor meant zero. We did not get the kind of rebounds that made a difference.

Third Paragraph: You said it as well as I could have. We were terrible in FT shooting. It was no secret that this team over the last four weeks progressively got worse in FT% with each game. That is not typical of the great teams. FT% goes up down the stretch of the season. Ft% cost Memphis a National championship, I would have hoped our team would have put more emphasis on this down the stretch.

Fourth Paragraph: "WVU wasn't really that impressive on the offensive end. They were hot and knocked down a few three's in the first half...":igiveup: What? WVU made EIGHT three pointers in the first half. It was the only, I repeat only FG's they made in the first half. And we couldn't get out and defend it? That's the only shots they were taking, and our defense didn't know it was coming? At what point to you defend the three and make them beat you in the paint where we have the best frontline in the nation! And the Cats, at what point does someone on the sidelines say "We are 0-20", lets play the Dribble Drive". Yep, experience didn't lose the game, but maybe the experience on the sideline could have been more helpful.

Fifth Paragraph: Though Mazzula scored the most points in a game in his career, it was not the game of his life. This was the starting point guard for WVU his Sophmore year when he suffered career ending shoulder damege, but give it to this kids heart, he battled back and was actually getting more minutes per game than Bryant once the BEAST tournament started. This kid is a player, and yesterday, he outplayed the BEST point guard in the nation. My hats off to this young man, he was awesome. Lucky, no way. He stepped up to the challenge and WON!

You are absolutely right, experience did not lose this game for the Cats. But, it didn't win it for them either. Let's all face it, we were beat by the better team last night. Yeah, I go with the theory that play this game 10 times and UK wins more than they lose, but that's not how the National Championship is decided. You put all your marbels on the tabel, and may the best team, with the most heart, and best gameplan, and the most discipline win. That is exactly what happened last night. The most disciplined team won.

I wish WVU fans all the best in the Final 4. They deserve to be there, they earned it. Hate on them all you want my fellow UK fans, the Mountaineers came in with a better game plan, and they executed it!

As for the Cats, this was an awesome run. Not knowing if we will have much of this core back next year, I could really care less. This group put UK Basketball back on the National scene. This team started what will be the next UK Dynasty. Though we may never see four year superstars at UK for a long time, I'll take the telent and hope that they can get me dancing every March!
:worthy::rockon:
Darn, lol, YOu guys have went off the deep end huh.