Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(2) West Virginia 73 - (1) Kentucky 66 (NCAA - Elite Eight)
TheRealVille Wrote:+1

+2
Aslan Wrote:+2

=3
Wildcatk23 Wrote:=3

Well hot d***.
This game was a complete joke.

West Virginia was just jacking up three balls, and getting lucky.. Sorry those shots the guys were taking was pure luck not skill.. Not to mention UK shot 2-20 something behind the 3.. 9 times out of 10 UK would win this game.. They are too talented and too big for that team. I think UK played scared and pulling the factor that they are a young team messed with the game a little.. The ref's were terrible in the first half.. Whoever the old guy was on the baseline definitley was not a UK fan. I don't know how many times Cousins was murdered, I remember a play where there was 4 defenders on him like a bunch of hounds and the ref called him for an offensive. They put up a good fight in the end, but down the stretch WV pulled it out. Whether they won or not doesn't matter to me, if they had this same team I'd bet my money on them against WV everytime. Good job cats you finished with a great, outstanding record and I am proud to say I am a UK fan. On another good note, I hope Tennessee meets West Virginia in the championship game.. Until now I did not have a college basketball team that I truly despise, I have to say WV fills that spot now.
**** it, didn't know Tenn was gone now. That sucks.
Time to get over it UK fans. They got outplayed offensively and defensively, and they got outcoached. We can say all the negative things about West Virginia that we want but the bottom line is, they are going to the final four and we are not. That is the only crime WVU has committed. Beating Kentucky.
Get used to it. This is what everyone wanted. Calapari did get outcoached. Why ditch the whole scouting report and defensive game plan. The defnse for UK was great in the first half. I seriously doubt WVU could have kept making 3s at the rate they did late in the fist half. They should have kept going under the screens and closing out on the 3s.

Refs were terrible in this whole tournament. It did NOT cost UK this game. WVU shooting better than they ever have and executing better did.
This is just my opinion but this game just proves what I have been telling all my family all year long, and that is that Calipari is not a great coach. Yes I have to say he is the best recruiter in all of basketball but when it comes to actually coaching the game and making the right decisions he is average and it showed in this game. He was attacking that 1-3-1 all wrong and you think he would know how to utilize Patterson...JMO but if they would had played a high low game with Patterson and Cousins then UK would be in the final four but the dumb a$$e$ was living in the 3 world. I also do believe even with Calipari being out coached that we still should had won. I mean come on, WVU shot the ball better then they haad all year long. Just so happened we shot it the worst. What was the odds of that happening. We was the best team in basketball this year but the best team does not always win. Another thing about Calipari. How many times has he coached the best team and not won the national title. At Massachusetts they was right up there with Pitino's Wildcats and could not pull it through, and with Memphis he had by far the best team and could not pull it through, they was just like this UK team...could not hit a free throw. As long as he keeps bringing the best talent in here year in and out I will be happy but until he starts making changes with the way he coaches it does not look like there will be a title in Lexington for a while.
Aslan Wrote:BTW the refs were fine. UK probably got the better end of the calls to be honest.

Aslan there is no way UK got the better end of the calls. It was obvious that WVU did, but with that it was UK's faught they lost.
greenstuff22 Wrote:i could possibly result to hurting myself until next season. this is garbage. i for one, will be more than happy to see john wall,eric bledsoe,and daniel orton try the nba. Wall made a guy that averages 2.2pts per game, and a season high of 8, score 15+ pts. and hardly any of his shots were contested. thats pathetic. bledsoe, wow, the guy cant live with himself if he doesn't turn it over at least 3 times a game. he cant stand up. he cant shoot. he is good for nothing. and onto orton, he is the weakest big man i have ever seen. what goes through your mind to make you want to jump up and block a shot that someone shoots from 15ft that is clearly on its way down? i honestly hope they go. wall is good for nothing but getting his stats and doing his retarded dances. he will be the best fit to be a nba player. plays no defense and can make a few highlights.

pathetic performance from the cats.

Wall is good for nuthin...WHAT???...he was the only reason they did not get blowed away...he has a lot of stats because he had to...he had no choice not to...are you getting mad that he had 8 rebounds at half-time...thats the stats you want...especially form a point guard.
FBALL Wrote:Get used to it. This is what everyone wanted. Calapari did get outcoached. Why ditch the whole scouting report and defensive game plan. The defnse for UK was great in the first half. I seriously doubt WVU could have kept making 3s at the rate they did late in the fist half. They should have kept going under the screens and closing out on the 3s.

Refs were terrible in this whole tournament. It did NOT cost UK this game. WVU shooting better than they ever have and executing better did.

Pat Forde, is that you?
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Pat Forde, is that you?
No, but if he agrees with me he is smarter than I thought.:biggrin:
FBALL Wrote:Get used to it. This is what everyone wanted. Calapari did get outcoached. Why ditch the whole scouting report and defensive game plan. The defnse for UK was great in the first half. I seriously doubt WVU could have kept making 3s at the rate they did late in the fist half. They should have kept going under the screens and closing out on the 3s.

:Thumbs:
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Pat Forde, is that you?

Pat Forde is the man.
He has to be, Porcini's is closed to other individual's.

:Thumbs: Where have you been. You have left me here all by myself to defend the cause!!!!
Stardust Wrote::Thumbs: Where have you been. You have left me here all by myself to defend the cause!!!!

I've been really busy. Running a basketball league and coaching two teams. Not to mention having to work.