Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(2) West Virginia 73 - (1) Kentucky 66 (NCAA - Elite Eight)
Final

NCAA Tournament - Elite 8

The Ref's Were Horrible.

I Heard That If Kentucky Didn't Win The Championship This Year That They All Were Gonna Come Back Next Year
It's always the official's fault eh? Kentucky lost, get over it.
Refs had nothing to do with this game!

COuldnt make a trey or a free throw to save our lives.

COngratz WVU.
Don't start that refs bull crap!!!!!! WVU outplayed UK and Huggins outcoached Calipari!!!!
Huggins flat out out coached Calipari tonight. Maybe next season, Cal will decide that he should teach the Cats how to shoot free throws. Great season for UK but they were not a fundamentally sound team and did not deserve to win this game.
Congrats UK on an outstanding year!!!! It was just WVU's night.
baller4lyfe Wrote:It's always the official's fault eh? Kentucky lost, get over it.

if you saw the game you would have seen the cheap calls that the ref's called. you would be saying the same thing if it was the other way around.

Congrats WV.

oh good luck against Duke or Baylor

what's the deal with Calipari's Teams? they can't shoot free throws worth a darn
Thank you W.VA!!!
Strikeout King Wrote:if you saw the game you would have seen the cheap calls that the ref's called. you would be saying the same thing if it was the other way around.

oh good luck against Duke or Baylor
I did watch the game. The officials made bad calls both ways, it happens. You sound like a little kid crying about the officials, so go cry somewhere else.

EDIT: Just so you know, I'm a UK fan, so don't start the crap about me saying the same thing if UK won.
Calipari cant coach period and John Wall plays no defense congrats to Huggie bear and WVU
hoot gibson Wrote:huggins flat out out coached calipari tonight. Maybe next season, cal will decide that he should teach the cats how to shoot free throws. Great season for uk but they were not a fundamentally sound team and did not deserve to win this game.

agree
nature boy Wrote:Calipari cant coach period and John Wall plays no defense congrats to Huggie bear and WVU

And let the idiotic comments begin......
baller4lyfe Wrote:I did watch the game. The officials made bad calls both ways, it happens. You sound like a little kid crying about the officials, so go cry somewhere else.

hey i'm not crying.

good luck with Duke or Baylor.
How exactly did huggins out coach calipari?

The coach is required to make shots for the players?
The calls were NOT going our way, and be a good enough team that the calls will not beat US.
Guys there was bad calls, but it didnt cost us... We let a scrub back up PG get like 17 points. We couldnt hit a 3, and we kept shooting them, over and over. All I can say is, we had a helluva run, NIT to elite 8 in one year.
nature boy Wrote:Calipari cant coach period and John Wall plays no defense congrats to Huggie bear and WVU

if Cal can't coach then why is he always in the NCAA Tournament? why does his team only have 1-5 loses each year?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Refs had nothing to do with this game!

COuldnt make a trey or a free throw to save our lives.

COngratz WVU.

thats right i agree 100 percent in no way was it the refs fault,it finally caught up to us not making the 3 or free throws, but even with that, if WV woulnt have been unconcious from 3 they very well could have still won the game..
ImagineThat! Wrote:Congrats UK on an outstanding year!!!! It was just WVU's night.

thanks, and we will see you next year.
Bad night for Kentucky all the way you can look at it. West Virginia despite having a 2 pt. field goal in the first half took Kentucky's aggressive play in the first half and hung tough.

Second Half look like the Mountaineers took away the "swagger" that Calipari had spoke about all season...

just my opinion
baller4lyfe Wrote:I did watch the game. The officials made bad calls both ways, it happens. You sound like a little kid crying about the officials, so go cry somewhere else.

EDIT: Just so you know, I'm a UK fan, so don't start the crap about me saying the same thing if UK won.

you sounded like a WV Fan
ImagineThat! Wrote:Congrats UK on an outstanding year!!!! It was just WVU's night.

Thanks
First of all, congrats to West Virginia. They have a shot at winning the championship, which would make us look good.

The referees were bad but that didn't really decide the game. In any game where one team can't miss and the other can't make a free throw to save their lives the one that can't miss will win.

I am more mad than sad right now because we had so much talent but couldn't win the championship. Oh well there is always next season. Maybe the women will win the national championship...
Strikeout King Wrote:The Ref's Were Horrible.
BS!!!! The refs had nothing to do with this loss. UK didn't come to play and Cal didn't coach this game.
ryanblue1424 Wrote:First of all, congrats to West Virginia. They have a shot at winning the championship, which would make us look good.

The referees were bad but that didn't really decide the game. In any game where one team can't miss and the other can't make a free throw to save their lives the one that can't miss will win.

I am more mad than sad right now because we had so much talent but couldn't win the championship. Oh well there is always next season. Maybe the women will win the national championship...

from what i heard that if Kentucky didn't win the national championship that they all would come back next year because they wanna win a national championship
I've said it ALL YEAR, if UK can't make free throws or 3's more consistantly, it would cost them and it defintely did tonight. Most you guys disagreed and believe they could overcome it. In fact, looking through the prediction thread, a lot of you guys thought UK would win by double digits. WVU is a good team, definitely the best team UK has played all year. So how you guys think UK would fair in the overrated Beast East. Cal got outcoached. Why not pressure a team that has one ball handler? John Wall decided to play no defense tonight.
3PM-A 4-32 12.5%
FTM-A 16-29 55.2%
You don't deserve to beat anybody with #'s like that.
I don't trust Cal at all. He has 5 NBA players on this team and still managed to lose to an inferior team. He's not an elite coach, just an elite recruiter. Hopefully he recruits a few shooters to compliment the athletes he has, because being the most talented and athletic team is not always going to get you the W. You need balance and UK didn't have that tonight or most the season. Despite that, they still had a great season, but still, it ends in disappointment. Just an elite 8 appearence with 5 NBA players. This was the best chance UK and Cal had to get a title. Doubt they'll get one now.
Anyone else miss Jodi Meeks tonight. Great season Cats. Congrats to W.Va.
BTW the refs were fine. UK probably got the better end of the calls to be honest.
how can you all not say that the ref's weren't horrible? they called those little cheap fouls, when Kentucky would go for a steal, they would call a foul, they wouldn't call that on West Virginia and that traveling call when our player was in mid air, now how can that be a travel?
ImagineThat! Wrote:Don't start that refs bull crap!!!!!! WVU outplayed UK and Huggins outcoached Calipari!!!!

I would not say WV played that great, the game was within 2 possessions late and UK could not make a shot if the basket was a big as the ocean. I do agree Hugs out coached Cal. The refs were terrible, but it went both ways and Uk got more of the calls their way, so no way can you blame the refs.