Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kapos 2010
Bubbles Wrote:I heard that Lisa Wheeler had so many girls that she was doing both medium and super at Pikeville.

She is going super large
I am kind of dissapointed that no one is competing CO-ED this year... those are my favorite routines at State. Didnt someone compete CO-ED in 15th region last year???
theCOMET Wrote:I am kind of dissapointed that no one is competing CO-ED this year... those are my favorite routines at State. Didnt someone compete CO-ED in 15th region last year???

yes shelby valley did
has anyone seen pburg? i seen them and they didnt have much going on. i wonder really what they will go?
hornetfan13 Wrote:has anyone seen pburg? i seen them and they didnt have much going on. i wonder really what they will go?

Nope, But last time I heard they had not made up there mind yet.
14th region is gonna be rocking!
15th Region always has always good cheerleaders! But I have to say Pikeville is the best I have seen. They have a good program.:Cheerlead
paintsville is competing this year, i wonder how that will turn out!
hornetfan13 Wrote:paintsville is competing this year, i wonder how that will turn out!

never saw them before
what are they going?
small or what
Traditional
Can't wait to see Paintsville, have not seen them compete at KAPOS in some time. Wish them luck.
Now that KAPOS is three days away does anyone know who is the final teams that are competing and what categories? Also who is competing in the middle school category as well. Can't wait. I think this will be a very exciting cheer night.
Bubbles Wrote:Now that KAPOS is three days away does anyone know who is the final teams that are competing and what categories? Also who is competing in the middle school category as well. Can't wait. I think this will be a very exciting cheer night.

YES I know i cant wait! =]
There isn't a middle school category for KAPOS. They invite middle schools, all-star squads, and elementary squads in the area to come and do an exhibition. The state middle school competition is in January in Lexington.
When is the 15th region competition? I know it is at the expo center but do not know when.
Former Cheerleader Wrote:When is the 15th region competition? I know it is at the expo center but do not know when.

27th of January
I heard PBURG was going coed. I know of someone who saw there routine and said if everything is hit correctly, STATE BOUND!!!

GO CATS!
luv2cheer Wrote:There isn't a middle school category for KAPOS. They invite middle schools, all-star squads, and elementary squads in the area to come and do an exhibition. The state middle school competition is in January in Lexington.

Actually this year the 15th Region is hosting a middle school competition upon the completion of the High school competition Wednesday night. It should be a very exciting night for showcasing the talent in the 15th region! Good Luck to everyone!
I was not really impressed with Prestonsburg. The cheerleaders don't seem to enjoy cheering at all! I have seen a lot better squads in the region.
WPHS? when did you watch them cheer lol? Maybe we can clarify a few things?

Prestonsburg is about STUNTS just wait and see Wink
I know Greenup won, how did they look? Can they win Nationals?
Soccercat?? I am not saying anything that is not the obvious. I have to agree they can stunt, but that's about it. You can't hear them at all! I have seen them several times.. so what needs clarification??Confusedhh:
I can't wait until tomorrow! Good Luck to all of the Belfry area squads that are either competing or doing an exhibition routine. Your routines are FANTASTIC!!!!
Good luck to all teams tomorrow night! Especially Johnson Central Golden Eagles and Johnson County Middle School.

Johnson Central Cheerleaders will have to overcome a hard hit in the injury department with two of their best on the sidelines, but I have all the faith in the world they will put on a good show:Thumbs:
What do you think will happen at 14th region this weekend? Who are the best teams?
Not very familiar with the 14th, but I know last year Hazard was awesome at state and they did not even place. So I really expect them to come back stronger this year. Good luck to all 14th region teams.
Oh what division are they in/ who are they up against? I don't really remember them.
I must say that the 14th Region cheerleaders in all divisions looked much better this year. Some squads had really improved. However, I must say that watching the competition, I totally disagreed with the Hazard win over Powell. Hazard had a little more difficulty, but overall performance I think Powell looked awesome. I feel that the judges tend to forget that quality of what's performed should always outweigh quantity. Just my opinion. I do think Hazard performed well but felt they looked sloppy in several areas, had a full twist that planted on her face, and was very wobbly in stunting. Powell had no major falls or bobbles and were fantastic on motions, facials, and jumps... Tumbling seems to be increasing with this squad also...I know they are continuing to build..
Good Job and congrats to all who are headed to State!!
dbltwstr Wrote:I must say that the 14th Region cheerleaders in all divisions looked much better this year. Some squads had really improved. However, I must say that watching the competition, I totally disagreed with the Hazard win over Powell. Hazard had a little more difficulty, but overall performance I think Powell looked awesome. I feel that the judges tend to forget that quality of what's performed should always outweigh quantity. Just my opinion. I do think Hazard performed well but felt they looked sloppy in several areas, had a full twist that planted on her face, and was very wobbly in stunting. Powell had no major falls or bobbles and were fantastic on motions, facials, and jumps... Tumbling seems to be increasing with this squad also...I know they are continuing to build..
I heard Powell received a Bid to sate, if so Good luck to them.
dbltwstr Wrote:I must say that the 14th Region cheerleaders in all divisions looked much better this year. Some squads had really improved. However, I must say that watching the competition, I totally disagreed with the Hazard win over Powell. Hazard had a little more difficulty, but overall performance I think Powell looked awesome. I feel that the judges tend to forget that quality of what's performed should always outweigh quantity. Just my opinion. I do think Hazard performed well but felt they looked sloppy in several areas, had a full twist that planted on her face, and was very wobbly in stunting. Powell had no major falls or bobbles and were fantastic on motions, facials, and jumps... Tumbling seems to be increasing with this squad also...I know they are continuing to build..

I have a daughter who is on the Jenkins squad and have watced her over the years but by no means am I an expert on cheerleading. In my totally unqualified opinion I tend to agree with your assesment of the Hazard Powell situation. I also think Perry Central and Breathitt Co. looked strong. And yes I am biased but I think the Jenkis squad looked sharp as well. After competing in Large Coed last year and qualifying to go to state for the first time in the school history it was nice to see them qualify for a repeat trip this year with the win in Small Coed. Congratulations to Coach Goff and her kids.This squad had 7 kids quit at various times from the end of football season through January and added several new faces in the process. One of the flyers just joined the sqaud a month before the competition. This is proof that dedication and hard work will pay off.