Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State Playoff Brackets
Whenever you get the info, can you update the bracket on where the games are located that you know of?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Here is the best list I have for the next few days (sorry they don't have the times on there) -

8th Grade Division 1 Upcoming Games:

10/20 Grant Co. at Anderson Co.

10/21 Rowan Co. at Ashland-Verity

10/21 Johnson Co. vs. New Harlan

10/21 Shelby West at Bluegrass

10/21 Meade Co. vs. Corbin

10/21 Paducah at Bowling Green

8th Grade Division 2 Quarterfinals:

10/24 Frankfort at Gallatin Co.

10/24 Raceland vs. Cumberland

10/24 Meece vs. West Hardin

10/24 Russellville vs. Trigg Co.

7th Grade Division Upcoming Games:

10/22 Fleming Co. at Ashland-Verity

10/24 Corbin vs. Southern Pulaski (Quarterfinals)

10/24 Bowling vs. Lone Oak (Quarterfinals at Graves County)
we were a very young team we start 9 6th graders on both sides of the ball southern plasik was too much to handle for us and Lex cath 8th grade beat henry county 8th grade 20 14 in ot
Shelby West is looking forward to the opportunity to play a great team such as Bluegrass middle. The only way to measure yourself is playing great competition!
FF40212 Wrote:8th Grade Division 2 Quarterfinals:

Is this at Meece or West Hardin? Is there an official time?

:popcorn:
barrel Wrote:Because there are 20 teams. I know more than 1 team got a bye but even if everyone played the first round someone would have to get a bye in the 2nd.
OK THANKS :Thumbs:
FF40212 Wrote:Here is the best list I have for the next few days (sorry they don't have the times on there) -

8th Grade Division 1 Upcoming Games:

10/20 Grant Co. at Anderson Co.

10/21 Rowan Co. at Ashland-Verity

10/21 Johnson Co. vs. New Harlan

10/21 Shelby West at Bluegrass

10/21 Meade Co. vs. Corbin

10/21 Paducah at Bowling Green

8th Grade Division 2 Quarterfinals:

10/24 Frankfort at Gallatin Co.

10/24 Raceland vs. Cumberland

10/24 Russellville vs. Trigg Co.

7th Grade Division Upcoming Games:

10/22 Fleming Co. at Ashland-Verity

10/24 Corbin vs. Southern Pulaski (Quarterfinals)

10/24 Bowling vs. Lone Oak (Quarterfinals at Graves County)
I thought Morgan beat Raceland. It shows raceland playing cumberland on the 10/24 just confused here...
Morgan did infact beat Raceland something like 36-8
I just know that it's going to take us 1 hour 15-25 minutes to get to E-Town to play Bluegrass Middle and I know that we cannot get a bus to leave until a little after 4:00-4:15. Were looking forward to the opportunity to play a great team such as Bluegrass Middle
We were just told today the game has been moved to 6:30pm....
That's good to know because I was beginning to get a little worried... Good luck to you guys Footballmom, I think it will be a very exciting game at John Hardin High School.... I have heard nothing but great things about your football program!!!
As I have also heard of great things about Shelby West, while I did not have the opportunity to see you all play Saturday I heard it was a great game. Tomorrow will be an awesome game, and a nail biter I hope...Best of Luck!
It's really to bad that both of our programs got paired up with one another right off the bat
Navajo4life Wrote:It's really to bad that both of our programs got paired up with one another right off the bat

I was told that Corbin will have to make a 2 1/2 hr bus ride to Thursday's game, and if they win, turn around and play again on Saturday. This does not sound like a very good plan to me for these kids, not enough recovery time in between for the winner of the Corbin/Meade Co. game.
I understand what you are saying, but for what teams are in it right now, this is the best way they could come up with the schedule. When more teams come in here they can make it easier. When you are going up against the best middle school teams in the state, you have to travel.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

SEKYFAN Wrote:I was told that Corbin will have to make a 2 1/2 hr bus ride to Thursday's game, and if they win, turn around and play again on Saturday. This does not sound like a very good plan to me for these kids, not enough recovery time in between for the winner of the Corbin/Meade Co. game.

Believe me when I say that I agree with you, especially on a school night.

Here are a couple of problems -

1. We are MIDDLE SCHOOL. We are NOT high school. We don't have Friday nights open.

2. While our membership has tripled, we still do not have the entire state involved in the Association - yet. Of the team in the KYMSFA, there were several who did not qualify for the tournament.

3. This is still (unfortunately, in my opinion) a basketball state. The basketball coaches are screaming that this HAS to be done by a certain time so they can have the kids for the next 4-5 months to play inside. We all agreed on a date that worked for everyone. We had to set a date that some said was too soon and some said was too late for the state championship. Again, these are growing pains, but at the same time we are trying to encourage participation by working with everyone as best we can.

4. The Corbin v.s Meade game was originally planned for Wednesday (church night for many players). Meade requested it be moved to Tuesday. The tournament coordinator was looking for a neutral site (Campbellsville, Glasgow, etc.). I am not sure where he wound up finding a place, but in the end his intent was to find a place as close to center between the two teams as possible.

I'm saying that this is still not a perfect system. I remind you however, that this is only our second year.

I know there has been some mild criticism (not founded, some unfounded), but I encourage you to GET INVOLVED. Come to the KYMSFA meeting in February! Have your coach join the listserv. Have your coach volunteer for one of the committees. There are tons of ways to help run this thing. For the time being, there are about 5-6 guys doing everything and getting questioned on things that were explained openly from the beginning. Our purpose is to IMPROVE middle school football. Nothing else.

We need your help and your support (patience helps too). The sport in our state will be better for this. I believe that 100%.
This is NOT a perfect system. However, as someone that was very much opposed to the idea three years ago, the benefits far outweigh the negatives. This has opened up new rivalries, better competition and increased the visibility of middle school football across the state. How can that be a bad thing?
For those of you not on board, dont complain. Join the association and attempt to fix the problem or stand on the sidelines and complain.
I'm sure the logistics involved in trying to set up these brackets were very,very difficult, especially when you have the imposed basketball deadline to abide by. I guess that no one forced the coaches into playing in this and I'm sure they were aware of the potential scheduling problems, but sometimes people just have to vent a little.:argue: Good luck to all the teams involved.
Whenever you get a chance, can you update the bracket so we can see who all has moved on to the next round?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

8th Div 1

So I know I have my bracket correct for the Quarterfinals.. we have:

Lex Cath vs Anderson
Rowan vs. Johnson
Graves vs. Bowling Green
Bluegrass vs ??? (will be determined tonight)

Do I have any of these wrong?
Thanks for the info.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Does anyone have an updated 7th grade bracket?I know they recently changed it and I would like to print it out so I can keep up with who we have to play.If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.
anyone know where the rowan vs johnson game will be played at
It's suppose to be at Rowan County Middle School. :Cheerlead
Could someone post a 7th grade bracket? The one I have is from the 12th, I think, and is apparently not correct. There must have been some changes. The one posted here on the 18th has 8th grade D2 and 8th grade D1 twice. No 7th grade. I cannot get the ones on the KYMSFA site to print. Thanks very much.

Thanks
ok...Anderson beat lex cath, corbin beat bluegrass and still waithing on others, i saw another thread rowan & johnson are playing on the 28.
http://www.digitalsports.com/photo/type/...90733.aspx

Link to the 7th Grade Football Bracket.
does anyone know what the schedule will look like for the games in Lexington on Saturday and Sunday. D1 and D2.
I believe JCMS plays Anderson Co. Sat at Lexington Catholic Sat. Oct 30th in the semi-finals in one game. And Bowling Green plays Bluegrass {correct me if i'm wrong) in the other semi-final game. DON'T HAVE ANY INFO CONCERNING THE 7TH GRADE.
joey 48 Wrote:I believe JCMS plays Anderson Co. Sat at Lexington Catholic Sat. Oct 30th in the semi-finals in one game. And Bowling Green plays Bluegrass {correct me if i'm wrong) in the other semi-final game. DON'T HAVE ANY INFO CONCERNING THE 7TH GRADE.

The winner of Johnson County and Rowan County on Wednesday night play Anderson County.