Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 8th Grade Football Players in the State
Johnny Mullins FB/MLB Allen Elementary
For Leslie Middle...

#58 Michael Smith 5'11 285 DT/G
#34 Blake Asher 6'0 1/2 212 FB/MLB
#5 Chris Wilson 5'8 160 HB/S

These kids can play... Smith will be pushing for many post season accolades...
Anderson county middle school has an incredible running back. His name is Chris Toomey and he will flat run over a defense or run around them. Watch out for number 4.
Anderson middle has a great offensive and defensive lineman in Jarrod Cubert who was all state lineman last year in 7th grade. He is even tougher this year and has had several sacks and a blocked punt in the few games that anderson has played. He is about 6'2" and weighs in at about 255.
As bigdaddy told ya in the last post we have an all state lineman in #78 Jared Cubert and running back #4 Chris Toomey that will blow past or run through any defense. But to compliment them guys we have a great quarterback #10 Zac Carmicheal, wide reciever #25 Dusty Puckett and a middle linebacker #18 Tevis Woolery that will hit ya as hard as anybody. So dont forget about the little school in Centra KY the ANDERSON COUNTY MUSTANGS 2009 STATE RUNNER UPS.
The kid from Lex. Cath. was one of 57 QBs. invited to Americas "Top Gun" camp,named #1 incoming 8th grader QB in the NATION.I have to think this makes him one of the best in KY. Reese Ryan is his name.I've watched him in 4 tournements,3 7th games he is the real deal.
TOOMEY#4 Wrote:As bigdaddy told ya in the last post we have an all state lineman in #78 Jared Cubert and running back #4 Chris Toomey that will blow past or run through any defense. But to compliment them guys we have a great quarterback #10 Zac Carmicheal, wide reciever #25 Dusty Puckett and a middle linebacker #18 Tevis Woolery that will hit ya as hard as anybody. So dont forget about the little school in Centra KY the ANDERSON COUNTY MUSTANGS 2009 STATE RUNNER UPS.
Boy you Anderson people talk alot about your kids and being STATE RUNNER-UPS!! Well let me toot Corbins horn if you please. we have Derrick Eubanks #62, Tanner Power #36, Dalton Anderson #19, Zack Ingle #76, Harrison Reedy #7, Jake Coppock #5 oh yeah I forgot one and thats Caleb Rollins #70 who 6' 3" 215 and nothing but muscle, who went to the Georgtown camp and the coaches put with the high school kids because he wasnt callenged at the middle school level. THESE KIDS WERE ALL ALL-STATE. The best team in the state of KY the CORBIN REDHOUNDS 2009 STATE CHAMPIONS.
Never once did I say you all wasn't going to be in the state playoffs or that you all werent any good. Actually watched you all play in the 7th grade stae championship and yes you were very good, just tired of all the talk and our boys getting no respect. Hope we do meet up in the state playoffs think it would be a very good game actually. I think you was the one that posted to me about it taking 11 young men to play and win then you contridict yourself and only name 7 players. Like I said yes your young men are very talented but this is a post to let everyone know about all the talented 8th grade players in the state not just Corbins. And another thing yes we are the 8th grade state runner ups and until we get dethroned from that we will still be state runner ups. We didn't compete in the 7th grade because a majority of our players that were 7th graders played on the 8th grade team. So get it right you were the 7th grade state champs.
TOOMEY#4 Wrote:Never once did I say you all wasn't going to be in the state playoffs or that you all werent any good. Actually watched you all play in the 7th grade stae championship and yes you were very good, just tired of all the talk and our boys getting no respect. Hope we do meet up in the state playoffs think it would be a very good game actually. I think you was the one that posted to me about it taking 11 young men to play and win then you contridict yourself and only name 7 players. Like I said yes your young men are very talented but this is a post to let everyone know about all the talented 8th grade players in the state not just Corbins. And another thing yes we are the 8th grade state runner ups and until we get dethroned from that we will still be state runner ups. We didn't compete in the 7th grade because a majority of our players that were 7th graders played on the 8th grade team. So get it right you were the 7th grade state champs.

You have to have a throne before you can be dethroned. If you read through this thread it seems pretty well balanced with support of various teams. Sometimes the luck of the draw helps out with the playoff bracket. Corbin's 8th grade lost to BG in the State Semi-finals last year. It was a 12-6 game at half and BG pulled away in 2nd half. No team in the state was on the same level as BG last year. How about in the 2 years of the KYMSFA Corbin has a 2009 State-Semifinalist, 2008 State Runner-up, and 2009 State Championship.
Never once did i say Corbin was no good, as stated before Corbin is a very good team and luck smuck of the draw we faced some very good teams and won last year. I am done with this back and forth nothing talking got my point across. We will see ya in the playoffs.
Someone else also went to football camp this summer. The UK football camp where he was moved to the high school lineman camp because of his size and skill. Wander who that could be? Go MUSTANGS.
TOOMEY#4 Wrote:Never once did i say Corbin was no good, as stated before Corbin is a very good team and luck smuck of the draw we faced some very good teams and won last year. I am done with this back and forth nothing talking got my point across. We will see ya in the playoffs.
I never said that you were not saying that Corbin wasnt any good. And yes i only mentioned 7, here are the other 4 that make a major contribution to the team...Corey Taylor #10, William Reedy #18, Brady Farris #64, Malachi Saunders # 78. AND YES WE WILL SEE U AT THE PLAYOFFS....GOOD LUCK THIS SEASON. Also you need to calm down...this site is suspose to be fun...and jawwing back and forth is what makes it fun. So take a pill and calm down.
I think I'm going to get in on this. Anderson Co. was state runner ups in 8th grade last year but just remember that was last years team not this years. So you can't say that this years team is the current state runner ups. Yeah you did say that you had some 7th graders on there, but just remember last years team is different than this year. I'm also glad you are proud of being state runner ups. Here in Jackson Co this is our 6th year of football and we are extremely proud of just making the playoffs, which we did happen to lose to Corbin. Our thinking on that is that at least we lost to the team that won it all.
Valley Girl Wrote:The kid from Lex. Cath. was one of 57 QBs. invited to Americas "Top Gun" camp,named #1 incoming 8th grader QB in the NATION.I have to think this makes him one of the best in KY. Reese Ryan is his name.I've watched him in 4 tournements,3 7th games he is the real deal.

I most definitely agree with you Valley Girl. After finishing 1st out of 57 in the Top Gun competition in Williamsburg VA that took place during the month of July, Reese would surely rate as one of the top 8th grade players in the state of Kentucky. I'm friends with one of UK's staff and according to him, Joker made the comment that Reese was the best pocket passer in the 7 on 7 passing tournament that UK hosted in June. Still.... he is nothing without his OL and blocking backs because without time for him to go thru his progressions and get the pass off, he would just be a 6'2" 170lb QB that would be very frustrated from picking himself up off the ground every time they tried to pass.
I would have to say reese ryan the kid is the real deal!
Heath is back on its feet this year! 8th grade is 5-0 so far, its the '80s all over. But there are some serious atheletes on this team and they run their offense with percision, fluency, and pure team work. Their runningback/linebacker Eli Gorham can catch, run, and even be quarterback in the Wildcat formation making him versatile and deadly wherever he is!
Good for Heath,I played against Heath's high school in 87' and they where
a pretty good team.
Morgan O'Brien for Louisa Middle School #28 i believe...not sure what is times are but could easily run ball for most any varsity team in Kentucky.. He will be a great asset to Lawrence Co next year
Many people don't understand theres more talent that you all don't see because you don't look at these little county's.. I'n Pike County theres a bunch of good 8th grade players.. Considering Andrew Newsome. Wyatt Branham. Nick Wallace. And theres some great players from Belfry.. Take in to consideration all these county's.. Thank You.
Shelby Valley's Quarter-Back Donovan Layne is also an outstanding quarter-Back for his age. He's only 12 years old, and in the 7th grade. He has a great arm on him and also plays saftey..
Jarred Jarrell is the QB for Adams this year and he is just like the Anderson kid. Great arm, fast, and is a winner. He is definitly one of the best 8th graders in the state. Adams is very lucky to have him and so will Prestonsburg High. Adams also has some 8th grade linemen that are gonna be something special.
John Combs Buchanan. Mason Co. He plays tackle and middle line backer. 6 ft 2' and is all over the field. Averages 12 tackles a game and of course Mason Co QB. He is a QB that loves to pass but also loves to get the ball and run. Get low because he'll truck you in a heart beat.
Quote:Boy you Anderson people talk alot about your kids and being STATE RUNNER-UPS!! Well let me toot Corbins horn if you please. we have Derrick Eubanks #62, Tanner Power #36, Dalton Anderson #19, Zack Ingle #76, Harrison Reedy #7, Jake Coppock #5 oh yeah I forgot one and thats Caleb Rollins #70 who 6' 3" 215 and nothing but muscle, who went to the Georgtown camp and the coaches put with the high school kids because he wasnt callenged at the middle school level. THESE KIDS WERE ALL ALL-STATE. The best team in the state of KY the CORBIN REDHOUNDS 2009 STATE CHAMPIONS.

While I agree that these are all "quality" players.. kids that will certainly contribute in the future, I saw them (Corbin) drop a game earlier in the season to New Harlan which isn't mentioned in any of these threads. To be totally honest the Middle Linebacker and Quarterback (same kid, looked to be about 6'2" 215) for the Harlan team was the most dominant player on the field.. including those mentioned above. I'm almost positive there are many others out there that arent mentioned in this thread... and their progression at the next level will eventually be how they are judged.:popcorn:
Big Jake Wrote:While I agree that these are all "quality" players.. kids that will certainly contribute in the future, I saw them (Corbin) drop a game earlier in the season to New Harlan which isn't mentioned in any of these threads. To be totally honest the Middle Linebacker and Quarterback (same kid, looked to be about 6'2" 215) for the Harlan team was the most dominant player on the field.. including those mentioned above. I'm almost positive there are many others out there that arent mentioned in this thread... and their progression at the next level will eventually be how they are judged.:popcorn:

Very good point Big Jake. It's easy for us coaches and parents alike to talk alot on how good these players are now and how good they will be in high school but I have seen quite a few players who dominate their perspective positions in middle school thru their early maturity or size but sometimes turn out to be average players at the high school level. I have also seen them turn out to be D1 players too , but the fact is that "their progression at the next level (high school) will eventually be how they are judged":popcorn:
BigBlue10 Wrote:Many people don't understand theres more talent that you all don't see because you don't look at these little county's.. I'n Pike County theres a bunch of good 8th grade players.. Considering Andrew Newsome. Wyatt Branham. Nick Wallace. And theres some great players from Belfry.. Take in to consideration all these county's.. Thank You.

good post, the little schools really don't get that much respect.
Those are all good players they should be in the mix including there QB Donovan Layne who is also very good for his age.
number 2 from lcc he is great back and a great lb. i think his name is hunter hall
Geography lesson Nick....Pike County is the biggest county in the state. I agree about Belfry and SV having some good talent though.
Big Jake Wrote:While I agree that these are all "quality" players.. kids that will certainly contribute in the future, I saw them (Corbin) drop a game earlier in the season to New Harlan which isn't mentioned in any of these threads. To be totally honest the Middle Linebacker and Quarterback (same kid, looked to be about 6'2" 215) for the Harlan team was the most dominant player on the field.. including those mentioned above. I'm almost positive there are many others out there that arent mentioned in this thread... and their progression at the next level will eventually be how they are judged.:popcorn:

IMO the quarterback for New Harlan wasn't even the most dominant player on his team. Although he had the size (looked more like 235) Harlan didn't use him at all offensively. In my opinion it was the two fullbacks that dominated this game. New Harlan's fullback was accountable for all of their yardage on offense, and was around the ball on every play on defense.
Is the 8th grade player from shelbyville ky plays for the West Middle Football team Caleb Clifford # 79 Starter of defense
new o Wrote:Geography lesson....Pike County is the biggest county in the state. I agree about Belfry and SV having some good talent though.
I know it is lol, i was just sayin that most of the people assume that all the players inside of Lex. and Louis. are the greatest and don't include us reallt at all.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next