•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 10 Middle School teams in the MTNs.
It would be a shame if they (or any team) has a great year and does not play in the St playoff system. The paperwork and membership fee needs to be done by Sept 15. Its a great chance to play teams one does not typically play. The teams are also good football teams.
Who won the state middle school championship last year? I really didn't realize their was such a thing, till i saw it on the forum. Where do they play the championship game at?
Letcher Central 8th
JC 8TH
BETSY LAYNE
BELFRY 8TH
MARTIN COUNTY
HAZARD
NEW HARLAN
SHELBY VALLEY
PAINTSVILLE
ADAMS
CADEREECE Wrote:Nice poll, but my only problem with it is I do not think there is a 6th or 7th grade team in the mnts that could play with Hazard 8th grade team. Hazard beat Johnson Central in pre season grid and have beat Clay Co 18-0 and Allen Central 43-0. Hazard plays Betsy Layne on tuesday. Hazard only has around 20 players but they have about 6 or 7 stud athletes. The transfer they got from Danville is really good.

Hazard should be in the top ten no doubt.
It's hard to use a preseason grid (where each team gets the ball 10 times each with no clock) as a game to determine what team is better, after all it's only a practice. Hazard comes to JCMS 9/29/09 and we'll see. Still Hazard should be in the top 10 and no 6th or 7th should be there.
AXE MURDERER Wrote:Who won the state middle school championship last year? I really didn't realize their was such a thing, till i saw it on the forum. Where do they play the championship game at?

Last year was the first year for it
8th Bluegrass Middle School (feeds John Harden HS) beat Bell Co

7th Bowling Green Jr high (feeds Bowling Green High School) beat Corbin

The Championship game will be played at Lexington Catholic. The rest of the games are played like HS playoff games where teams travel.
8thgrader65 Wrote:1.letcher
2.martin county
3.Betsy layne
4.johnson central
4.Befery
5.Valley
6Pike central
7.Adams
8.new Harlan
9.valley 6th grade
10.Johnson central 7th grade
I THINK BELFRY SHOULD BE #1, THEY are 5 and 0 with wins over letcher, martin , perry, pike central and east ridge, their d has yet to be scored on. the only points has been a special teams return, and they have scored over 200 points. look forward to the jc game. good job belfry pirates.
Why is Magoffin not mentioned? Their only loss is to Letcher I believe.
for sure BELFRY MIDDLE SCHOOL PIRATES THEY HAVE BEEN PLAYING GREAT AND HAVE A VERY FAST BACKFIELD...KEEP IT UP
give sms some time to get things stratined out and they will b in those top teams
What about magoffin they beat martin and johnson central
Looks like Johnson Central moves to the #1 spot after defeating Letcher County lat night!
The Fan Wrote:What about magoffin they beat martin and johnson central

They beat Johnson Co. 7th.
If you consider Greenup in the mountains, they should be in the top 10.
KCMS, Knox County middle is 6-1, with the only loss coming to new harlan second game of the year at new harlan in the rain. Two wins over Whitley home/away. Also a win at Bell Co. So I think the list needs revised. Also this team is very young with only 10 8th graders total and only 5 starters total on both sides of the ball.

KCMS plays Bell this week at home and has a rematch with new harlan at home to end the season
BABYKAY3275 Wrote:I THINK BELFRY SHOULD BE #1, THEY are 5 and 0 with wins over letcher, martin , perry, pike central and east ridge, their d has yet to be scored on. the only points has been a special teams return, and they have scored over 200 points. look forward to the jc game. good job belfry pirates.

im pretty sure valley scored on this team and so did pikeville
How is Knox County doing?
1.belfry
2.letcher
3.jc
4.new harlan
5.martin county
6.sv
7.adams
8.jc 7th
9.pike central
10.sv 5th and 6th
Knox County is 7-1 on the season
I believe Belfry is higher. They have great speed and if they needed to could throw the ball.
panthers Wrote:Knox County is 7-1 on the season

Knox is the best team that I've seen play this year. They have size and can run the ball with speed and power the 7th grader (CANADA) is a beast. Knox 8th grade starters are mostly 7th graders, I think they only start about four 8th graders.
panthers Wrote:Knox County is 7-1 on the season

Who beat Knox?
Give the B.L. bobcats and the A.M.S. blackcats some love, both schools are rolling right now, setting up a possible playoff rematch! Good for F.C.F. Football !
LETCHER
BELFRY
JOHNSON CENTRAL
MARTIN CO
BETSY LAYNE
PIKE CENTRAL
HARLAN
SHELBY VALLEY 6TH
ADAMS
BELFRY 7TH
SHELBY VALLEY 8TH grade has not beat any team on this list.When they do you can put them on the list.There is no way they are the 4th best team.NO WAY!!!! The SV 6th grade is a bitter team all around.
MR. Slate Wrote:Who beat Knox?

New Harlan beat them early in the season. They play again this Thursday (10/01) at Knox. Knox is coming off of a 30-6 win over Bell.
In my opinion Adams is number one. I have never seen a middle school team line up five wide and throw like like they do.
1 Johnson COunty 8th
2. Belfry 8th
3. Betsy Layne
4. Letcher County 8th
5. Adams

This is just out of the Big Sandy Conference.
johnny u Wrote:LETCHER
BELFRY
JOHNSON CENTRAL
MARTIN CO
BETSY LAYNE
PIKE CENTRAL
HARLAN
SHELBY VALLEY 6TH
ADAMS
BELFRY 7TH
SHELBY VALLEY 8TH grade has not beat any team on this list.When they do you can put them on the list.There is no way they are the 4th best team.NO WAY!!!! The SV 6th grade is a bitter team all around.

well I wouldnt go as far as to say they are better than the 7th and 8th in a head to head game but in 5th and 6th they are tough with or without Justin Bowling. belfry and johnson central are the top tier programs in eastern ky i as well as most of these posters posted our top before the season i would still have valley IN the top ten they have just had 2 tough breaks in a pair of 22-8 and 20-8 games against p-ville and pc. where fumbles and penalties really hurt them...........btw p-ville beat pc and there not in your top.
Hey J.C. fans. Should Greenup not be on this list? I thought they played a pretty good game against you guys down there. GC has played 7 or 8 Ohio powerhouse programs also and have won or nearly won all of them.
what about jenkins middle school.
What about Jenkins Middle? Do they have a team this year? I thought they was on the same team as the high school until next year? Have they played a game this year?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next