•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Wall Update...
Stardust Wrote:Whoa, Bledsoe is good enough to take this team to the Champsionship next year. Wall is a Ball first player. We have Patterson and Meeks who HAVE to have the Ball in their hands on the offensive side of the floor. They will not have it if Wall is here. Bledsoe is a "disher" first scorer 2nd. He is who we need and this team has a better chance to win as a team than a one player ball hog

Great post
Stardust Wrote:Whoa, Bledsoe is good enough to take this team to the Champsionship next year. Wall is a Ball first player. We have Patterson and Meeks who HAVE to have the Ball in their hands on the offensive side of the floor. They will not have it if Wall is here. Bledsoe is a "disher" first scorer 2nd. He is who we need and this team has a better chance to win as a team than a one player ball hog

Just because he is the best high school player in the nation does not mean he is a ball first player. Sure he'll get his 10-15 a game, but they'll mostly come off fast breaks and penetrating the lane. Wall doesn't have a consistent jumper, which Cal can help him with before he goes to the next level. Also, I don't think everyone is taking into consideration how much the kid has riding on this, it's not just going to Miami and laying on South Beach everyday, it's the rest of his life. If Wall goes to Miami, he will get almost no national attention, where if he goes to Kentucky, he'll be on TV every game. Everyone knows Calpari's success with PG's in the NBA, does anyone off the top of their head even know Miami's head coaches name? Or any player in the NBA right now from Miami? The DDM offense is set up for PG's exactly like John Wall, so I'm not really worried, if he uses his head, he'll be at UK next season.
blackcat Wrote:Just because he is the best high school player in the nation does not mean he is a ball first player. Sure he'll get his 10-15 a game, but they'll mostly come off fast breaks and penetrating the lane. Wall doesn't have a consistent jumper, which Cal can help him with before he goes to the next level. Also, I don't think everyone is taking into consideration how much the kid has riding on this, it's not just going to Miami and laying on South Beach everyday, it's the rest of his life. If Wall goes to Miami, he will get almost no national attention, where if he goes to Kentucky, he'll be on TV every game. Everyone knows Calpari's success with PG's in the NBA, does anyone off the top of their head even know Miami's head coaches name? Or any player in the NBA right now from Miami? The DDM offense is set up for PG's exactly like John Wall, so I'm not really worried, if he uses his head, he'll be at UK next season.

Derrick Rose and WHO?
I beleive the only Memphis players in the NBA are Rose, Downey and Douglas-Roberts. Besides that, the only other Coach Cal player that I know of is Marcus Camby of UMass
Stardust Wrote:Derrick Rose and WHO?

Tyreke Evans is going to be a lottery pick, he also put Dejuan Wagner and Darius Washington, into the League.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Tyreke Evans is going to be a lottery pick, he also put Dejuan Wagner and Darius Washington, into the League.
:Thumbs:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Tyreke Evans is going to be a lottery pick, he also put Dejuan Wagner and Darius Washington, into the League.

Are either one even in the league?
So is Wall having a news conference tomorow at noon or is that a false report someone told me?
That's the first that I have heard that he is having a press conference tomorrow at Noon
blackcat Wrote:Just because he is the best high school player in the nation does not mean he is a ball first player. Sure he'll get his 10-15 a game, but they'll mostly come off fast breaks and penetrating the lane. Wall doesn't have a consistent jumper, which Cal can help him with before he goes to the next level. Also, I don't think everyone is taking into consideration how much the kid has riding on this, it's not just going to Miami and laying on South Beach everyday, it's the rest of his life. If Wall goes to Miami, he will get almost no national attention, where if he goes to Kentucky, he'll be on TV every game. Everyone knows Calpari's success with PG's in the NBA, does anyone off the top of their head even know Miami's head coaches name? Or any player in the NBA right now from Miami? The DDM offense is set up for PG's exactly like John Wall, so I'm not really worried, if he uses his head, he'll be at UK next season.

he has mpt been on TV much but look at the national attention....any top recruit will get the national attention...NO but he isnt the tall guard like cal likes neither....and McClinton does that ring a bell one of the top guard last season who graduated this year...
Stardust Wrote:Are either one even in the league?

Not none that I have heard of
theVILLE Wrote:Not none that I have heard of

It's not that I am dissing Coach Cal, but all of us UK fans have made him the 2nd coming. He will bring in the top HS tolent in the country, but not all of the 5*'s have turned their college experience into a career. For a coach that historically brings in three-five 4&5 * players every year, his track record of making them into superstars is rather low. That does not mean he does not create great college basektball teams, he does. What I was referring to earlier was that Coach Cal has this great reputation of making PG's. His history over 20 years does not support that!
theVILLE Wrote:he has mpt been on TV much but look at the national attention....any top recruit will get the national attention...NO but he isnt the tall guard like cal likes neither....and McClinton does that ring a bell one of the top guard last season who graduated this year...

Sure he's getting all of the attention right now, but think about it, which team gets more exposure to the media, UK or Miami? A no brainer. If he went to Miami he would probably make a couple top ten plays and play in the NIT, and that's about the only TV time he would get. What are you talking about McClinton? He hasn't played one single game in the NBA yet, and I don't think he'll pan out to be anything because he's undersized.

Put it this way, Coach Cal has as good of a reputation with PG's as does any other coach in college basketball. Prove it otherwise.
blackcat Wrote:Sure he's getting all of the attention right now, but think about it, which team gets more exposure to the media, UK or Miami? A no brainer. If he went to Miami he would probably make a couple top ten plays and play in the NIT, and that's about the only TV time he would get. What are you talking about McClinton? He hasn't played one single game in the NBA yet, and I don't think he'll pan out to be anything because he's undersized.

Put it this way, Coach Cal has as good of a reputation with PG's as does any other coach in college basketball. Prove it otherwise.

:Thumbs: You can't put it any better than that.
I don't think that history over 20 years support that, but the history since he began using the Dribble Drive Offense is more creative and allows each individual to showcase their talent.

If you go back four or five years when he began using the Dribble Drive, then that history says that he is allowing individuals to showcase their talent and what best for that position is the guards.... Especially PG
Stardust Wrote:Derrick Rose and WHO?

Sean Banks, Rodney Carney, and Shawne Williams are some more.
Stardust Wrote:It's not that I am dissing Coach Cal, but all of us UK fans have made him the 2nd coming. He will bring in the top HS tolent in the country, but not all of the 5*'s have turned their college experience into a career. For a coach that historically brings in three-five 4&5 * players every year, his track record of making them into superstars is rather low. That does not mean he does not create great college basektball teams, he does. What I was referring to earlier was that Coach Cal has this great reputation of making PG's. His history over 20 years does not support that!
Stardust, since you seem never satisfied with UK tell us who would you hire. Or maybe you dont believe UK should strive to be the best. Your posts seem to suggest you like mediocrity. I am curious what are your goals for the Cats. What would you do to achieve them?
only thing i know that now cal is going to be in the best position in his life to win a championship. its hard to come out of small conferences and be NCAA champs but he has almost done it a few times. in the tourney it only takes one bad game or that one team who shoots 70% from the floor to beat you. at UK he will have anything at his disposal and hopefully recruits. i mean honestly what sounds better to you? come play for cal at mephis or umass or at one of the most prestiged schools every with a fan base thats no one else could even compare to.
JOBAKKA Wrote:Stardust, since you seem never satisfied with UK tell us who would you hire. Or maybe you dont believe UK should strive to be the best. Your posts seem to suggest you like mediocrity. I am curious what are your goals for the Cats. What would you do to achieve them?

there is nothing in my posts that suggest that, so your comment is completely unwarrented for a reply
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Sean Banks, Rodney Carney, and Shawne Williams are some more.

Who are they?
Stardust Wrote:Who are they?

I know you know who Rodney Carney is now lol
Stardust Wrote:there is nothing in my posts that suggest that, so your comment is completely unwarrented for a reply

Actually I would have to agree with him. First, you didn't want Gillespie fired, and now you don't want John Wall. Seems like you're against everything that will help the program. And don't give me this "Bledsoe is who we need to run our team" stuff, he'll be lucky to start his sophomore year if we get Brandon Knight.
blackcat Wrote:Actually I would have to agree with him. First, you didn't want Gillespie fired, and now you don't want John Wall. Seems like you're against everything that will help the program. And don't give me this "Bledsoe is who we need to run our team" stuff, he'll be lucky to start his sophomore year if we get Brandon Knight.

Have you all not been seeing what I have been saying for months now, SD is a UofL fan. If not UofL, then Cincinnati, but definitely not a true UK fan, it shows in his posts.
[quote=TheRealVille]Have you all not been seeing what I have been saying for months now, SD is a UofL fan. If not UofL, then Cincinnati, but definitely not a true UK fan, it shows in his posts.[/QUO
look at his favorite team below his name it may show you who is a fan of
theVILLE Wrote:[quote=TheRealVille]Have you all not been seeing what I have been saying for months now, SD is a UofL fan. If not UofL, then Cincinnati, but definitely not a true UK fan, it shows in his posts.[/QUO
look at his favorite team below his name it may show you who is a fan of

I see now. Cincinnati. He should move across the river and live with em. I've been telling everybody for months that he isn't a UK fan, but I had it wrong, I thought he was one of yours.
JOHN WALL is a WILDCAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stardust Wrote:Who are they?

Former Memphis players under John Calipari who are now in the NBA.
Stardust Wrote:there is nothing in my posts that suggest that, so your comment is completely unwarrented for a reply
Just a simple question. Who would you have coach the Cats
Stardust will post good things about the Cats when they do well, and he will dog them when they don't. If you ever call him out on it, he will say "check my favorite teams i'm a UC fan not a UK fan" But i'm calling it right now as soon as Cal leads us back to greatness, he will be back on that UK bandwagon.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Stardust will post good things about the Cats when they do well, and he will dog them when they don't. If you ever call him out on it, he will say "check my favorite teams i'm a UC fan not a UK fan" But i'm calling it right now as soon as Cal leads us back to greatness, he will be back on that UK bandwagon.

Another Dickey V then?
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)