Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Calipari has Resigned as Memphis Head Coach
FBALL Wrote:Yes they only won a couple of games in the SEC after a very good start to the season. After they lost Monk the young guys struggled to say the least.

But prior to the conference schedule I believe the Hogs were something like 13-2 with wins over Texas and Oklahoma.

Well, Kentucky was 15-4 or 16-4 to start the season. We all know how that ended up. Pelprhey is nowhere near ready for the Kentucky job.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Well, Kentucky was 15-4 or 16-4 to start the season. We all know how that ended up. Pelprhey is nowhere near ready for the Kentucky job.

I agree:Thumbs: , I cant believe that his name has even came up in all of this!!!!
John Calipari can get Kentucky back to the top of the college basketball world faster than anyone else out there. That's what us Calipari supporters are seeing and thats what expert analysis are also saying.

Izzo & Donovan would get Kentucky back to the top as well, but it would have taking a more time than Calipari.

Travis & Pelphrey in due time will be someone Kentucky pursues, but neither are proving yet and we are taking a chance with either coach. I do love both, but I would take the above mentioned coaches over these two any day for the UK job in the shape it is now. If the program was left in better shape, I would say that Kentucky would make a strong push for one or the other.
sstack Wrote:Valedictorian of a poor school system! Would not be a good choice for UK.

Excuse me??????? :redboxer:

Paintsville along with Pikeville are always ranked high in the state.

Due to Paintsville's Curriculum, they are considered a College Prep. School.

So do your own homework before you open your piehole and start trashing a good school. :blabbermo
i hope this gets signed and Calipari introduced as the new head coach at UK tomarrow! the way it sounds, looks like Cousins will be coming to UK with Calipari. tonight on Lex18 news one of the sports announcers (alan cutler) said that he tried calling Cousins earlier in the day and couldnt get ahold of him, awhile later Cousins called the alan cutler back and all cousins said was 99.9 percent and cousins also said See you in Lexington, so the way it sounds like he's coming to UK!
The administrator of www.memphis.rivals.com said that Calipari is still in Memphis working on some lose ties, like speaking with players, recruits, boosters, administration, etc. He also went on to say that the deal with UK is done and that Calipari is helping Memphis in there search for a new coach.

Something may be officially announced as early as tomorrow and no later than Thursday.
im like so excited about this i cant sit still!!!! i hope the two transfers and wall and cousins come but like i just said a little while ago from alan cutler of lex18 news it sounds like cousins is coming. i sure hope so
Sounds to me like Memphis isnt going to let him go without a fight.
we should hopefully know something tomarrow Espn's Andy Kats reported late this evening around 11 or 12 that coach Calipari is gonna "sleep" on UK's offer
Ridge Runner Wrote:Excuse me??????? :redboxer:

Paintsville along with Pikeville are always ranked high in the state.

Due to Paintsville's Curriculum, they are considered a College Prep. School.

So do your own homework before you open your piehole and start trashing a good school. :blabbermo
Not too shabby for a "poor school system".

1 Anchorage Ind 412 1 0 0 0.985
2 Fort Thomas Independent 2375 3 1 1 0.964
3 Southgate Independent 150 1 0 0 0.913
4 Beechwood Ind 1004 1 0 1 0.892
5 Murray Independent 1561 0 1 1 0.890
6 Corbin Independent 2379 1 1 1 0.889
7 Oldham County 11270 9 4 3 0.846
8 Paintsville Independent 795 1 0 1 0.838
9 Graves County 4669 8 1 1 0.838
10 Rockcastle County 2927 3 1 1 0.815

Quote:Congratulations to Paintsville Independent Schools

2008 CATS Results
District is ranked 13th out of 174 school districts
Top 20 High School
Elementary School Designated as a Pacesetter School (Top 5% in the State)
I'm going on vacation. Hopefully when I get back UK has a new coach not named Calipari.
TheRealVille Wrote:Not too shabby for a "poor school system".

1 Anchorage Ind 412 1 0 0 0.985
2 Fort Thomas Independent 2375 3 1 1 0.964
3 Southgate Independent 150 1 0 0 0.913
4 Beechwood Ind 1004 1 0 1 0.892
5 Murray Independent 1561 0 1 1 0.890
6 Corbin Independent 2379 1 1 1 0.889
7 Oldham County 11270 9 4 3 0.846
8 Paintsville Independent 795 1 0 1 0.838
9 Graves County 4669 8 1 1 0.838
10 Rockcastle County 2927 3 1 1 0.815

THANK YOU! :Thumbs:
Let's Get Back On Topic Please
Fantastic sign first off but i just wish we could have got a coach with an easier name to say because now all us rednecks from the maysville area are gonna be saying "come on Call-lanaprie but Miller in. Lol All jokes aside Calipari will do a great job in big blue nation.
just saw on the bottom of Espn that there are 3 current Memphis players considering transferring to UK if Calipari comes. who the 3rd player is idk.
i will become a uk fan again if he comes to uk
Strikeout King Wrote:just saw on the bottom of Espn that there are 3 current Memphis players considering transferring to UK if Calipari comes. who the 3rd player is idk.
3 current players would mean 3 players that played this past season. If he comes, it will be the end of Memphis basketball...:popcorn:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Quote:3 current players would mean 3 players that played this past season. If he comes, it will be the end of Memphis basketball...

Thats what the bottom of Espn showed. said that they are 3 cureent memphis players that r considering transfering to UK if Calipari comes.
wood_chuck Wrote:i will become a uk fan again if he comes to uk

If you were a true fan then you never would have left in the first place.

Bandwagon fans can stay away from UK, IMO.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Quote:I'm going on vacation. Hopefully when I get back UK has a new coach not named Calipari.

FBALL why are you so down on who UK gets as a head coach? if UK brought in Ford or Pelphrey, UK would be worse than what it was when Billy G was there, they arent good coaches yet, sure Ford coaches at Ok. St. but he hasnt done anything there yet, Pelphrey hasnt done anything either, wins over Texas and Oklahoma, if they played again those to schools would tear apart Arkansas
Strikeout King Wrote:FBALL why are you so down on who UK gets as a head coach? if UK brought in Ford or Pelphrey, UK would be worse than what it was when Billy G was there, they arent good coaches yet, sure Ford coaches at Ok. St. but he hasnt done anything there yet, Pelphrey hasnt done anything either, wins over Texas and Oklahoma, if they played again those to schools would tear apart Arkansas
I agree that they aren't good coaches "yet." But I believe give them some time to develop their programs and resumes and you might see one of them back on the Wildcats' sidelines in the future (hopefully after Cal retires!!)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Quote:But I believe give them some time to develop their programs and resumes and you might see one of them back on the Wildcats' sidelines in the future (hopefully after Cal retires!!)

i agree. i just wish that UK and Calipari would hurry up and sign the freakin piece of paper and make it official and bring some players with him, i cant sit still im anxious for them to do that and get this over with
Strikeout King Wrote:Thats what the bottom of Espn showed. said that they are 3 cureent memphis players that r considering transfering to UK if Calipari comes.

How would this work considering we already signed more players than the # of scholarships we had available?
I'm starting to get worried. IMO the longer it takes for us to get him to sign, the more likely it is that he is really contemplating staying at memphis.
Quote:How would this work considering we already signed more players than the # of scholarships we had available?

idk im just telling you all what i saw on Espn.
ukfootballrocks Wrote:Fantastic sign first off but i just wish we could have got a coach with an easier name to say because now all us rednecks from the maysville area are gonna be saying "come on Call-lanaprie but Miller in. Lol All jokes aside Calipari will do a great job in big blue nation.

Shouldn't be a problem...this coach will have enough sense to already have him in the game!
Strikeout King Wrote:idk im just telling you all what i saw on Espn.

Yeah, i'm not questioning you, i've seen that too. I was just wondering what we would do if some of his players want to transfer and his recruits want to follow him. With Carter being our only senior and we're bringing in 3-4 recruits, that would leave us with a lot of players looking for scholarships, and unless we didn't renew some of the scholarships of our current players i just dont know how it would work out.
The longer this drags on the worse it looks for us.
well aprantley Calipari had a conversation with some friends this morning at a doughnut shop about this and Calipari said he was gonna drive around memphis til he came up with a answer. this is starting to worry me
goBIGblue82 Wrote:How would this work considering we already signed more players than the # of scholarships we had available?

They actually talked about this on the news last night.
They said if Calipari comes, something about he will tell UK he needs more room on the roster, and some of our current players could be gone.