Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Calipari has Resigned as Memphis Head Coach
now if coach C does some to Kentucky I must say that would be a huge deal and great sign for Kentucky. While I still think BCG deserved one mroe year this signing would be a step in the right direction happy the UK Admin got it right this time.
I'll believe it when I see it.

Then I will regret it.
I heard Tubby Smith was coming back.........

Not.
Admin of Kentuckynerd.com
Please come listen to the podcast and read some articles.
Some of you who do know me, know that I am very close to UK. I can tell you that I am friends with Rick, have been since 90. I do know that he does not want Cal at UK due to their similar styles. I will tell you that the concern for recruits is the biggest factor and that Rick knows if someone of the lower level coaches to keep his image not only in the state but as the greatest UK coach ever. I know I will hear if due to Rupp but, this style of the game is different than the Rupp days.

I do know that Cal is coming to UK and will be introduced Tuesday prior to the Final Four. Again, UK will be the talk and not even be in the dance. Only at UK, that is what Rick knows. Rick actually feels different after his defeat about the coaching spot now but UK is staying away.
What has Crapipari ever won?

Nothing.

He is a Rick Pitino wannabe that most of the UK fans seem to love. If they can't get Pitino then they will take a clone.
FBALL Wrote:What has Crapipari ever won?

Nothing.

He is a Rick Pitino wannabe that most of the UK fans seem to love. If they can't get Pitino then they will take a clone.
FBALL, I am curious...Who would be your pick?
How does wikipedia know so much? Google John Calipari and go to wikipedia they seem to already know what everyone else is still wondering. Oh, and FBALL just read while you're there and you will see plenty of what Calipari has won.

On March 30, 2009, four days after Memphis' season ending loss to Missouri in the NCAA Tournament, Calipari agreed to be the head coach at the University of Kentucky.[1] Calipari rejected a counter offer by Memphis for Kentucky's 6 year, $40 million contract.[2]
FOX SPORTS Wrote:FBALL, I am curious...Who would be your pick?
I would sell out trying to get Izzo. I don't believe there is a chance of getting him but I would try.

After that I go to Pelphrey.
FBALL Wrote:I would sell out trying to get Izzo. I don't believe there is a chance of getting him but I would try.

Wow, You and I CAN agree on something.

:rockon:
zulu Wrote:How does wikipedia know so much? Google John Calipari and go to wikipedia they seem to already know what everyone else is still wondering. Oh, and FBALL just read while you're there and you will see plenty of what Calipari has won.

On March 30, 2009, four days after Memphis' season ending loss to Missouri in the NCAA Tournament, Calipari agreed to be the head coach at the University of Kentucky.[1] Calipari rejected a counter offer by Memphis for Kentucky's 6 year, $40 million contract.[2]

I don't need to wiki it.

Here is what he has won. A couple of A10 championships and a few CUSA championships.

My goodness that is impressive to go along with the constant threat of NCAA recruiting violations.
Cal and Izzo were my picks. I am starting to get happy.
FBALL Wrote:I would sell out trying to get Izzo. I don't believe there is a chance of getting him but I would try.

Pelphrey and idiot! Have you ever heard him try to talk his way through an interview?? He's worse that Billy G.

John Calipari is the best man for the job. I do however think that Izzo would have done well also.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Wow, You and I CAN agree on something.

:rockon:

You know what they say about great minds.

Not that it applies here.:rockon:
zulu Wrote:Pelphrey and idiot! Have you ever heard him try to talk his way through an interview?? He's worse that Billy G.

John Calipari is the best man for the job. I do however think that Izzo would have done well also.

Pelphrey can coach. He is also a hero in this state and has a love for the University of Kentucky that few can match.

Until Arkansas hit a late season skid many on here were saying they wish they would have hired him the last time UK had a coaching vacancy.
zulu Wrote:Pelphrey and idiot! Have you ever heard him try to talk his way through an interview?? He's worse that Billy G.

Pelphrey was valedictorian of his senior class and is very very intelligent.
Not near enough experience for the UK job though.
if he does come to uk, which i think he is going to, will decousins and some of his recruits come with him? and will we lose any recruits of gillespies? any thoughts?
JC will take the job, and then back out at the last minute.
no i believe he will take it, uk like unc, ucla, kansas, are the programs that make college basketball what it is today and have throughout the history of college basketball. they are the backbone that other programs strive to be like. lovem or hatem they are the programs in college basketball
FBALL Wrote:Pelphrey can coach. He is also a hero in this state and has a love for the University of Kentucky that few can match.

Until Arkansas hit a late season skid many on here were saying they wish they would have hired him the last time UK had a coaching vacancy.
"Skid" didn't Arkansas only win 2 or 3 SEC games? Sounds as if it is more than a skid.

And how is everyone saying we will be preseason top 5 or 10? No one would rank UK that high based on a bunch of freshmen prospects. Maybe top 25, but not top 10.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
http://i41.tinypic.com/21anvr.gif

Something funny for you all to take off the edge!
I suppose that this whole story is at a stand still huh?
If Coach Cal comes to UK and brings the players and recruits he is rumored to bring....and UK keeps their big 2.....UK will definitely make some noise soon
zaga_fan Wrote:If Coach Cal comes to UK and brings the players and recruits he is rumored to bring....and UK keeps their big 2.....UK will definitely make some noise soon

I think it would put UK back in the talk of a National title!
zaga_fan Wrote:If Coach Cal comes to UK and brings the players and recruits he is rumored to bring....and UK keeps their big 2.....UK will definitely make some noise soon

They sure will.
What's going on? I thought the deal was done, now I'm seeing on here that it's still up in the air???
jetpilot Wrote:Pelphrey was valedictorian of his senior class and is very very intelligent.
Not near enough experience for the UK job though.

Valedictorian of a poor school system! Would not be a good choice for UK.
Here was a link I heard about on the radio from the Lexington area.

http://www.amnews.com/public_html/?modul...ormat=html
Memorial Gym #5 Wrote:Here was a link I heard about on the radio from the Lexington area.

http://www.amnews.com/public_html/?modul...ormat=html

For cripes sake.

No official announcement is scheduled today according to UK officials, but sources indicated Memphis coach John Calipari will sign a $4 million per year contract anywhere in length from seven to 10 years.
Any new updates?
Beef Wrote:"Skid" didn't Arkansas only win 2 or 3 SEC games? Sounds as if it is more than a skid.

And how is everyone saying we will be preseason top 5 or 10? No one would rank UK that high based on a bunch of freshmen prospects. Maybe top 25, but not top 10.
Yes they only won a couple of games in the SEC after a very good start to the season. After they lost Monk the young guys struggled to say the least.

But prior to the conference schedule I believe the Hogs were something like 13-2 with wins over Texas and Oklahoma.