Small School
1. Adams (P-burg)
2. Paintsville
3. Hazard
4. Betsy Layne
5. Magoffin County
6. Johson Central 7th
7. Letcher Central 7th

We are hoping Belfry stays in and they will be the 6th team in the large school division.
Thanks for the info but can you tell me when this decision was made and still can't figure out why Martin County is in the large school division because they have smaller numbers than most in the small school division. But thanks again, looking forward to the gridiron season starts back.:thanks:
Wasn't there numerous games Martin Co cancelled on last year? I am thinking they had issues with travel or something. Is this their year to host the Post-season Championship day?
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Wasn't there numerous games Martin Co cancelled on last year? I am thinking they had issues with travel or something. Is this their year to host the Post-season Championship day?

Martin did struggle through some tough times last season, but I've heard that they will have a new coach next season...if rumors are correct, the Martin County program is on its way back up with Coach David Scott.

....Johnson Central is going to be tough to beat this upcoming season. Last year, JCMS 7th never lost, except in games in which they played 8th or mixed 7th and 8th grade teams.
Down and Out Wrote:Thanks for the info but can you tell me when this decision was made and still can't figure out why Martin County is in the large school division because they have smaller numbers than most in the small school division. But thanks again, looking forward to the gridiron season starts back.:thanks:

The decision was made at our meeting yesterday. Coach Scott is the coach and will do great things for the Cards. Martin County won the entire conference just two years ago and was in the championship game as Inez a couple years before that. This was at a time in which all teams played as one large conference. This conference lets all coaches vote on things and thats what happened yesterday. Martin County will have NO trouble competing in that division.
Whats going on with belfry?
Will the winner be able to play in the state tournie?
Pond creek nation Wrote:Whats going on with belfry?

What do you mean?
canoeman06 Wrote:Large School
1. Johnson Central 8th
2. Perry Central
3. Letcher Central
4. Breathitt County
5. Martin County

Small School
1. Adams (P-burg)
2. Paintsville
3. Hazard
4. Betsy Layne
5. Magoffin County
6. Johson Central 7th
7. Letcher Central 7th

We are hoping Belfry stays in and they will be the 6th team in the large school division.

This looks like a really great conference!
I do not believe any of the teams are members of the Kentucky Middle School Football Association. To qualify for the Kentucky Middle School Football State Championship, the teams would need to join and comply with the Association rules which can be found at http://www.kymiddleschoolfootball.com.
Adams (p-burg) is
If Belfry dropped out what conference would they go to?
How about Pikeville?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
belfry will prob finish last in the large class,but its good experince
I mean what conference is pikeville going to be in?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

hopscotch Wrote:Martin did struggle through some tough times last season, but I've heard that they will have a new coach next season...if rumors are correct, the Martin County program is on its way back up with Coach David Scott.

....Johnson Central is going to be tough to beat this upcoming season. Last year, JCMS 7th never lost, except in games in which they played 8th or mixed 7th and 8th grade teams.

David Scott is not the Martin County Middle School football coach. Former Sheldon Clark player John Robert Horn will be the new coach and that is official as it came from the superintendent.
Any new teams going to join the conference?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Go Bobcats! Glad to see the Bobcats back into the Big Sandy Conference. You can see the coaches at the grade school doing real well with the turnout on the high school level. The coaches have really done a good job.