Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's Official: Gillispie Is Out
My source is me. I have met BCG and the players at the summer camps. I must say Gillispie is tough but fair. He would take up for his players no matter what. I was witness to him chewing out a fan that asked an inappropriate question about a players academic standing. Gillispie jumped all over the guy. It was very uncomfortable for everyone that was in the gym but the right thing to do. I'm sure not all of the players agree with everything he did or maybe think that he was too strict. But that is a coaches job. The man was loyal to his players to a fault.
FBALL Wrote:My source is me. I have met BCG and the players at the summer camps. I must say Gillispie is tough but fair. He would take up for his players no matter what. I was witness to him chewing out a fan that asked an inappropriate question about a players academic standing. Gillispie jumped all over the guy. It was very uncomfortable for everyone that was in the gym but the right thing to do. I'm sure not all of the players agree with everything he did or maybe think that he was too strict. But that is a coaches job. The man was loyal to his players to a fault.

:Thumbs:
You two can defend Gillispie all you want and base your thought on the man because you spent a few hours in the same facility with him at a camp, but Gillispie has way too many stories about him that some just cannot prove true.

I believe if the man come out and said himself how bad he was with the players, you still would defend him.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:You two can defend Gillispie all you want and base your thought on the man because you spent a few hours in the same facility with him at a camp, but Gillispie has way too many stories about him that some just cannot prove true.

I believe if the man come out and said himself how bad he was with the players, you still would defend him.

I think if 100% of the accuastions were froven false, you still would have an agenda to disparage him. Right, this goes both ways BCA. I've never met the man, but taking the word from those who have been in his locker room does carry some credence for me, just as it supposedly has for you! As i have said, there are always 2 sides.
Stardust Wrote:I think if 100% of the accuastions were froven false, you still would have an agenda to disparage him. Right, this goes both ways BCA. I've never met the man, but taking the word from those who have been in his locker room does carry some credence for me, just as it supposedly has for you! As i have said, there are always 2 sides.

SD I guess we can agree upon that.
i was thinking that john pelphry would be next uk coach,he is from paintsville ky and he will be glad to be close to home....uk could use a good coach,not saying billy was bad by all means...good luck billy
BlackcatAlum Wrote:You two can defend Gillispie all you want and base your thought on the man because you spent a few hours in the same facility with him at a camp, but Gillispie has way too many stories about him that some just cannot prove true.

I would defend anyone on what I know to be true instead of trashing him based on a bunch of rumor and innuendo from "sources".
FBALL Wrote:I would defend anyone on what I know to be true instead of trashing him based on a bunch of rumor and innuendo from "sources".

From bloggers, just like everyone else on this site. Anyone with an agenda can make up anything they want and feed it to those who are hungry for it....
I was upset after they fired him but after hearing some of the behind the scenes stuff that went on, I really didn't mind.
pike county boy Wrote:i was thinking that john pelphry would be next uk coach,he is from paintsville ky and he will be glad to be close to home....uk could use a good coach,not saying billy was bad by all means...good luck billy

John Pelphry would be a horrible choice. He has a lot of the problems Bill G has. He is not good in front of the camera and has very poor PR skills. I say stay away from him!
Stardust Wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTg9Duj87...r_embedded

What an idiots reporters are

More like vultures.