Poll: Next Coach at Kentucky?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
John Calipari (Memphis)
29.35%
Rick Pitino (Louisville)
13.04%
Billy Donovan (Florida)
26.09%
Jay Wright (Villanova)
5.43%
Travis Ford (Oklahoma State)
16.30%
Other...
9.78%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will be the next coach at Kentucky?
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Because Pitino said "leaving UK was the worst mistake of my life."

Which is not the same as saying he would come back if he had the opportunity.
Like it matters, were not gonna get Billy D.
rece dav from espn
TomSportsHack Wrote:Which is not the same as saying he would come back if he had the opportunity.

Bingo. lol :Thumbs:
jetpilot Wrote:The same old naysayers predicting Kentucky will be hard pressed to get a top coach. Funny and predictable.:zzz:

:biggrin: It is funny because when we got Pitino UK was on probation and had lost every player excepted the kentucky kids and looked how that turned out. UK is at least better off now than then some I say an top coach will take this job. Just for example sake, Calipari is more than likely losing 4 starters this season and will be starting over with I give them a great recuiting class but that is just it he can bring the same type recruits to UK that has Meeks and Patterson already in place and BAM right back as a contender. If he can do it at Memphis he can also do it at UK. Also his salary would be increased as a plus.
TomSportsHack Wrote:Which is not the same as saying he would come back if he had the opportunity.

I for one don't want Pitino or Donavan. Pitino is a great coach but he has been at UK and done that and no reason to return. I just don't like Donavan, he won 2 titles but has shown an inability to keep his program at the high of a level on a consistent basis and the UK family expects an elite level program yearly, so to me not much better if not worse than Tubby.
theVILLE Wrote:Why though??? He is currently doing GREAT AWESOME MARVELOUS EXC at VILLE....and what does it matter about your championships he will get one this year or atleast he is in the elite 8....so I doubt he comes to UK.....besides he put you all at the top of the nation ad thought you could handle it from there...but he was wrong there....he shouldnt have to come back to help you.....:lmao:

The only reason you guys are where you are is because of Rick! Its not because louisville is a B-Ball great, you guys are known for football, at least you were!

Dont get me wrong, Im glad Louisville is where they are and i hope they win it all!!! But when it comes down to it Im a UK fan!

Good luck in the rest of the tourny!
stonesteven Wrote:The only reason you guys are where you are is because of Rick! Its not because louisville is a B-Ball great, you guys are known for football, at least you were!

Dont get me wrong, Im glad Louisville is where they are and i hope they win it all!!! But when it comes down to it Im a UK fan!

Good luck in the rest of the tourny!

Exactly Rick is a good coach and gets the most of his players
I will have to say if Uk gets the kids they have on line,then we will be sitting pretty good next year!

I think Ford will be our new man, but money talks so you never know who it will be! I think Rick is staying where he is!
When does everyone think the new coach will be announced? After the tourney?
EOE Wrote:When does everyone think the new coach will be announced? After the tourney?

Quite possibly, especially if their target coach is still coaching. If it's John C or Billy D, my guess is the get it wrapped up this coming week just to secure the current players or know what they have to recruit immediately to fill potential holes.
DeuceUL Wrote:Name one reason Pitino would leave Louisville to go back to Kentucky...

Same reason he left Ky the first time . Its all about the MONEY..........
ky wildcats Wrote:Same reason he left Ky the first time . Its all about the MONEY..........

I'm not saying there is even a potential that Pitino would ever consider returning, but on a braoder note, Has there ever been a coach to return to a previous school?
Well, John Calipari said late last night that he is "happy where he is right now."

Wonder if his mind will change if Kentucky offers him a fat check?
^ $6M will do it
just thought everyone would like to see this.
http://www.winchestersun.com/public_html...splaystory
^ Interesting article.

Just more reasons that we all should believe that UK made the right decision here in dismissing BCG.
Mike Anderson. Style of play people would definitely like.
This program has to be built form the ground up. Dosen't matter who stays or who, recruits, comes in it is a program that is very fragile. That being said why not hire a young, energetic coach that can recruit. Someone with UK ties. Someone that has some experience, but it dosen't have to be someone that has coached 400 games already. Travis Ford would be an excellent choice since you have to build the program from ground zero. Travis has some experience, he's been to the Dance and knows how to get there and he would be around for as long as UK wanted him.
kyrifle Wrote: This program has to be built form the ground up. Dosen't matter who stays or who, recruits, comes in it is a program that is very fragile. That being said why not hire a young, energetic coach that can recruit. Someone with UK ties. Someone that has some experience, but it dosen't have to be someone that has coached 400 games already. Travis Ford would be an excellent choice since you have to build the program from ground zero. Travis has some experience, he's been to the Dance and knows how to get there and he would be around for as long as UK wanted him.

I for one do not want the pompous jerk.
I don't take anything out of that story. It's the same dad that transfers his kid in HS because he's not the star of the team. I'm sure there is a 2nd side of the story, and if we are only going to take the one side, then we are all naive. I, as a fan, always stressed that this teams success depended on the inside game, not the outside. Jodie is great, but he could have been greater had the Cats had the ability to get the ball inside the teams best player Patterson. Patterson should have always been the #1 choice, and then kick outside.

Meeks took 568 shots in comparison of PP's 398. Patterson is a 60% FG shooter versus 46% from Meeks. You have to pound the ball inside, and kick it outside. meeks would have more open shots, and less forced. I have coached kids who like to shoot. Sometimes you have to tell them to give it up in order to get them better shots in the long run.
FBALL Wrote:Mike Anderson. Style of play people would definitely like.

Yes! Win or lose, it would be exciting! Would love to have him.
how about Bily Hicks.
courtdog Wrote:how about Bily Hicks.

Uh no.

I still would rather see John Pelphrey hired much more than any of the other guys that are being mentioned.
Stardust Wrote:I don't take anything out of that story. It's the same dad that transfers his kid in HS because he's not the star of the team. I'm sure there is a 2nd side of the story, and if we are only going to take the one side, then we are all naive. I, as a fan, always stressed that this teams success depended on the inside game, not the outside. Jodie is great, but he could have been greater had the Cats had the ability to get the ball inside the teams best player Patterson. Patterson should have always been the #1 choice, and then kick outside.

Meeks took 568 shots in comparison of PP's 398. Patterson is a 60% FG shooter versus 46% from Meeks. You have to pound the ball inside, and kick it outside. meeks would have more open shots, and less forced. I have coached kids who like to shoot. Sometimes you have to tell them to give it up in order to get them better shots in the long run.
meeks also got 854 pts and patterson 609. a big guy is normally going to have a higher percentage anyways cause most of the time he is shooting 3 to 4 feet from the basket.
I'll take Sean Miller of Xavier all day long. The guy has built a very strong program up there, took them to the Elite 8 last season, the Sweet 16 this year. He can recruit great players, knows the X's & O's, and appears to be a strong minded individual who could handle the heat and press when needed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
beasy_bo Wrote:meeks also got 854 pts and patterson 609. a big guy is normally going to have a higher percentage anyways cause most of the time he is shooting 3 to 4 feet from the basket.

So, you woldn't pound the ball into the guy who's going to shoot from the 3-4 feet versus a guy that's shooting from 22'. Don't take this like I want to take the ball out of Meeks hands, that's not it. Many posts were made on this site during UK games about jodie forcing the ball. My point is, pound the ball inside, force the defense to collapse on PP and that will give Jodie the open looks that he is dead money on.
I hope none of the potential coaching canidates have access to BGR. A lot of people already have UK as a championship contender next year. Could be possible but with a new coach, new system may take a little longer. Hope expectations doesn't scare them away.
FBALL Wrote:Uh no.

I still would rather see John Pelphrey hired much more than any of the other guys that are being mentioned.

Why and how could you not want John Calipari?

This guy is the real deal.
I would rather have John Pelphrey over Travis Ford.