Poll: Next Coach at Kentucky?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
John Calipari (Memphis)
29.35%
Rick Pitino (Louisville)
13.04%
Billy Donovan (Florida)
26.09%
Jay Wright (Villanova)
5.43%
Travis Ford (Oklahoma State)
16.30%
Other...
9.78%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will be the next coach at Kentucky?
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:I’m not trying to cause any problems but why would any of the coaches on the list want to come to Kentucky when the program is down and the last two coaches have been run out of town. And one of those coaches has already rebuilt another program.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, the money UK spends on basketball is unmatched by any other team in the nation.
If in fact they do let Gillispie go after only 2 years and 1 recruiting class. I think that would that scare potential coaches away because they would be expected to turn things around in 2 years instead of 4 years when they have their players.
The '09 recruits aren't going anywhere, I don't know why people continue to say that.
Old School Wrote:If in fact they do let Gillispie go after only 2 years and 1 recruiting class. I think that would that scare potential coaches away because they would be expected to turn things around in 2 years instead of 4 years when they have their players.

Gillispie had 2 All-American's, Kentucky's Mr. Basketball, a 5 star PG, and couldn't make the NCAA tournament.
Not a chance Pitino leaves Lville....not a chance.
Eddie Sutton
Saul Smith
Pat Summit
TheCandyManIsBack Wrote:Gillispie had 2 All-American's, Kentucky's Mr. Basketball, a 5 star PG, and couldn't make the NCAA tournament.

Your talking about 2 freshman in Miller and Liggins, an all american in Patterson, I don't think that will put them in the NCAA. Who is the other all american?

My point is that if Gillispie is let go this year, then IMO he wasn't given a chance to bring in players to fit his style. All I'm tryin to say is regardless of who the coach is or will be IMO needs to be given 4 recruiting class before he would be fired.
Stardust Wrote:Pat Summit

Now thats funny right there.
Lets bring Joe B Hall back.
courtdog Wrote:Lets bring Joe B Hall back.

So there we have it:

Joe B Hall - Head Coach, with Pat Summit, Eddie Sutton and Saul Smith as the Assistants.
bc kentucky is a dynasty...i almost postive billy g is gone....and if memphis loses tonight John.Cal is prolly our coach bringing his recuirts!.....if so get excited
Guys as much as I HATE FREAKING LOUISVILLE, and I HATE THE LITTLE BROTHER, there is not FREAKING WAY that PITINO comes back to KENTuCKY... NEVER>>>>>> I don't want the freaking scum bag,let him stay at the Little brother's house....
BlackcatAlum Wrote:My wish list looks like this...

1. Rick Pitino
2. John Calipari
3. Billy Donovan
4. Jay Wright

Could anyone at UK ever trust Pitino again? He would be at the lower end if my list, even if he did make the appearance there.
Navajo4life Wrote:Guys as much as I HATE FREAKING LOUISVILLE, and I HATE THE LITTLE BROTHER, there is not FREAKING WAY that PITINO comes back to KENTuCKY... NEVER>>>>>> I don't want the freaking scum bag,let him stay at the Little brother's house....

I feel the same as you do but was not brave enough to state it so bluntly as you did.
I dont know if he has been offered the job or anything like that but Billy D along with wife and kids are in Lexington as we speak. Brian Milam reported earlier to Ira Combs a fiend of his saw Billy D along with family at the Lexington Club today, and about 8pm tonight my dad was checking into the Radison and saw Billy D and his family checking in as well. I know we went through this couple years ago, but he is back in town so who knows what may happen this time around.
Tubby Hater Wrote:I dont know if he has been offered the job or anything like that but Billy D along with wife and kids are in Lexington as we speak. Brian Milam reported earlier to Ira Combs a fiend of his saw Billy D along with family at the Lexington Club today, and about 8pm tonight my dad was checking into the Radison and saw Billy D and his family checking in as well. I know we went through this couple years ago, but he is back in town so who knows what may happen this time around.

I can guarantee this is 100% false...
His wife is from here................... You guys dream too hard.
Coach K

now cuz me
I personally do not want Billy D. as our new coach if we fire Billy G. He had the chance to come here after Tubby left, but chose not to. I would love to see Rick Pitino come back, everyone is saying offer calipari everything, i say we offer Pitino everything. I think if we put up enough money Pitino would come back home.
I love it... You all keep holding on to the idea that Pitino is going back to Kentucky....
DeuceUL Wrote:I can guarantee this is 100% false...

I dont know if the Brian Milam part is 100% true, but I guarantee my freakin dad saw him. He is not going to lie about this.
Pitino is getting to old to try and start over
DeuceUL Wrote:I love it... You all keep holding on to the idea that Pitino is going back to Kentucky....

There stuck in a dream thats never going to happen...
DeuceUL Wrote:I love it... You all keep holding on to the idea that Pitino is going back to Kentucky....

???

5 out of 40 are stuck in that dream.
king360 Wrote:Pitino is getting to old to try and start over

Pitino is 56.. how is that old?
Calipari is the one I want....
Sports_Fan28 Wrote:I dont want Billy Donovan at UK either, I think his attitude is as bad as if not worse than Gillispie, and plus we need to get away from the name Billy. I would love to see Rick come back here but I dont see it happening. Calipari would be good also but yet again, I dont see that one happening either. My pick would be Jay Wright. I saw his press conference last week after Villanovas first round win and the man sounds like he knows basketball really well. Hes intelligent and is good with the media and I just think he would be a really good fit at UK, another wildcat team to take to the sweet sixteen or beyond and I know he can do it. I know the other coaches named are very capable of doing the same thing, but like I said, I just dont see them leaving their current schools. But I could be wrong, and on this matter I would love to be wrong about Pitino.
You are correct. Jay Wright is an excellent coach. I wanted him the last time. I mean he may not even be interested. But he is one coach I would feel confident that we would be movind the right direction with.
DeuceUL Wrote:I can guarantee this is 100% false...

You can? I don't think so!!!