Poll: Next Coach at Kentucky?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
John Calipari (Memphis)
29.35%
Rick Pitino (Louisville)
13.04%
Billy Donovan (Florida)
26.09%
Jay Wright (Villanova)
5.43%
Travis Ford (Oklahoma State)
16.30%
Other...
9.78%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will be the next coach at Kentucky?
I believe everyone now realizes that Gillispie is out at Kentucky, even though that it isn't official. So, who do you think will be the next head coach at Kentucky?
If Gillispie is out. I hope Billy D.
My wish list looks like this...

1. Rick Pitino
2. John Calipari
3. Billy Donovan
4. Jay Wright
I think Calipari would do an excellant job.
Also like:
Billy Donavan
Jay Wright

Pitino is just a wish...
1) Billy Donovan
2) Rick Pitino
3) Jay Wright
4) John Calipari

anyone of these will be great choices
lol Billy Donovan will not be the coach at Kentucky..
I'd like to see Billy Donovan.
Do we need to do another one: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...hp?t=59557
Donnie Tyndall of Morehead State!!!
Name one reason Pitino would leave Louisville to go back to Kentucky...
Wow, Pitino would be amazing, so many people would rejoice if Pitino came back. I'd like to see Calipari or Mark Few.
mrfootball03 Wrote:lol Billy Donovan will not be the coach at Kentucky..

You haven't looked into this much, have you?
DeuceUL Wrote:Name one reason Pitino would leave Louisville to go back to Kentucky...

He was at UK first. Won a NCAA title at Kentucky.
TheCandyManIsBack Wrote:He was at UK first. Won a NCAA title at Kentucky.

Exactly... So why would he want to go back?
DeuceUL Wrote:Exactly... So why would he want to go back?

Because he didn't leave for UL, he left for a shot at the NBA, it isn't like he chose UL over UK, UK just had a coach when he came back to college.
I would love to see Billy D at UK but i could settle for John C.
DeuceUL Wrote:Exactly... So why would he want to go back?
Because Pitino said "leaving UK was the worst mistake of my life."
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Because Pitino said "leaving UK was the worst mistake of my life."

I was just getting around to that, you beat me to it.
This may sound like a dumb question,
But would Billy D really be that good of a choice?
I know he won championships.
But Floridas been in the NIT for two straight years, and thats obviously not what we want.
i hope its Ricky P
sports-fan08 Wrote:This may sound like a dumb question,
But would Billy D really be that good of a choice?
I know he won championships.
But Floridas been in the NIT for two straight years, and thats obviously not what we want.

That's why I'm saying Calipari.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Because Pitino said "leaving UK was the worst mistake of my life."

Exactly. If it weren't for the strong lure of the NBA getting the best of Pitino, Kentucky would still be in the "glory days", Louisville would be in the same shape they were in when Denny Crum left, and DeuceUL would have to have picked another bandwaggon team to root for.
Mistake or not, I think Pitino is very happy in Louisville. Plus he has everyone in the state loving him. Not to mention he has Louisville hoops way above UK right now. Although I would love to see it, I don't think he has another rebuilding situation in him. And be honest, that's what the UK program is right now...
I received a call a few minutes ago from one of my friends that has a brother that does UK sports talk before their games and he said Billy Donovan will be the new UK coach. I really couldn't see Pitino coming back.
I dont want Billy Donovan at UK either, I think his attitude is as bad as if not worse than Gillispie, and plus we need to get away from the name Billy. I would love to see Rick come back here but I dont see it happening. Calipari would be good also but yet again, I dont see that one happening either. My pick would be Jay Wright. I saw his press conference last week after Villanovas first round win and the man sounds like he knows basketball really well. Hes intelligent and is good with the media and I just think he would be a really good fit at UK, another wildcat team to take to the sweet sixteen or beyond and I know he can do it. I know the other coaches named are very capable of doing the same thing, but like I said, I just dont see them leaving their current schools. But I could be wrong, and on this matter I would love to be wrong about Pitino.
I would like to see Rick Pitino back at Kentucky. But I don't see it happening.
Offer Calipari the moon, the stars and everything that goes with it. Forget Donovan, I'd rather have Jay Wright than Donovan. But I would go hard after Calipari...I would be absolutely staggered and shocked it Pitino came back to Lexington though..no more "rising stars"..get a proven winner. Go after John Calipari.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mark Few!!!
To Be honest i dont think Billy Donovan will be that bad of a coach I mean he did lead his team with Joakim Noah , Al Horford, Corey Brewer, Lee Humphrey,back 2 back national champions u never know he could actually do some change for UK . But as Far as Pitino coming back idk bout that i think louisville will do what they can to keep him there i think..
I’m not trying to cause any problems but why would any of the coaches on the list want to come to Kentucky when the program is down and the last two coaches have been run out of town. And one of those coaches has already rebuilt another program.