Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RUMOR: Gillispie Fired!!!
Overrated Wrote:If they fire him, I hope UK loses every game with the new coach.

WOW!!!!!!!
Got to have a BCG supporter or two on here.
I heard from an inside source a meeting was called with Billy Gillespie and Mitch Barnhart basically told him some things needed to be changed. Billy refused and he was told as soon as he loses in the NIT his job will be open.
I just don't think they would spend that much money to get rid of him.
Mr.Mister Wrote:I heard from an inside source a meeting was called with Billy Gillespie and Mitch Barnhart basically told him some things needed to be changed. Billy refused and he was told as soon as he loses in the NIT his job will be open.

So what inside source said that the University of Kentucky, in this financial state, could justify buying out a $6M contract????
Mr.Mister Wrote:I heard from an inside source a meeting was called with Billy Gillespie and Mitch Barnhart basically told him some things needed to be changed. Billy refused and he was told as soon as he loses in the NIT his job will be open.
wow you must have have a huge fly on the wall. unless still where is everyone's proof still none of this has came out.:please:
Stardust Wrote:So what inside source said that the University of Kentucky, in this financial state, could justify buying out a $6M contract????
didn't you know that in lexington, ky money grows on trees DUH?
Stardust Wrote:So what inside source said that the University of Kentucky, in this financial state, could justify buying out a $6M contract????
I have spoken to a couple of people in the program that are saying the same thing.
**** Gabriel said he "felt" Gillispie wouldn't be back on his radio show last Thursday.
Pat Forde said it on ESPN today and even went as far as to say Billy Donovan would be offered.

BTW....Does a contract that was never signed have to be bought out?

Also, There are UK boosters in Lexington that could write a $6 million dollar check and not even flinch.
Billy G couldn't coach at Alice Lloyd.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:I have spoken to a couple of people in the program that are saying the same thing.
**** Gabriel said he "felt" Gillispie wouldn't be back on his radio show last Thursday.
Pat Forde said it on ESPN today and even went as far as to say Billy Donovan would be offered.

Also, There are UK boosters in Lexington that could write a $6 million dollar check and not even flinch.

Great question.

Another good question is...Why didn't Billy Gillispie sign the contract?
i dont think UK has offered him another contract yet......i dont think that gillispie could even coach a high school team.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:I have spoken to a couple of people in the program that are saying the same thing.

Probably a long, nasty, expensive court battle that nobody wants.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Great question.

Another good question is...Why didn't Billy Gillispie sign the contract?
we all wish we knew but i'n sure someone will get on here and say they know the true reason cause mitch told them. maybe BCG is getting other incentives to coach idk what but maybe!
jetpilot Wrote:Probably a long, nasty, expensive court battle that nobody wants.

A long, nasty, expensive court battle that would likely not even occur, because as it's been said, there are some UK boosters who could easily drop $6 mil. to wave goodbye to Gillispie.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
MVP2 Wrote:I think this is what most dont see. If BCG is gone that very well could mean Patterson and Meeks might consider the NBA draft and Gillispie is the one that recuited Orton and Hood they might even back out if hes gone and decide to go somewhere else.

I think that would all depend on who the next coach is if BCG is let go. I seriously doubt they would back out if we were to get a Donovan or Pitino. If Calipari comes then it would be interesting to see who comes with him. Same as Donovan or Pitino. We may lose a recruit or 2 but we may gain a few more with those big name coaches.
ComfortEagle Wrote:A long, nasty, expensive court battle that would likely not even occur, because as it's been said, there are some UK boosters who could easily drop $6 mil. to wave goodbye to Gillispie.

Could, yes. Would, maybe. It's all speculation.
UKCAT5FAN Wrote:I think that would all depend on who the next coach is if BCG is let go. I seriously doubt they would back out if we were to get a Donovan or Pitino. If Calipari comes then it would be interesting to see who comes with him. Same as Donovan or Pitino. We may lose a recruit or 2 but we may gain a few more with those big name coaches.
Can't gain too many...scholarship issues...If Patterson and Meeks are back.

I've been hearing this about a $6 million buyout all week long but it makes me think, Do you really think that Barnhart would put that in a contract when he wasn't happy with BCG's off court antics and his PR skills? It just doesn't make much sense to me.
Bob Ley did report on Outside the Lines that his job was in trouble and ford come on and said if a loss comes in the NIT it would come out shortly after that. They also stated that it wasn't because of wins and losses but because of the way he handles the job in the public eye and also the way he teats his players and the relationships.
THE SOURCE Wrote:Bob Ley did report on Outside the Lines that his job was in trouble and ford come on and said if a loss comes in the NIT it would come out shortly after that. They also stated that it wasn't because of wins and losses but because of the way he handles the job in the public eye and also the way he teats his players and the relationships.

This is exactly what the BCG supporters don't understand. These are the main factors on why he simply, is not the man for the job.
A dark cloud has risen over Billy Gillispie. Its not his fault though. Who isn't going to take a big time job over Texas A&M. He just took over something that is over his head. He wasn't ready for a job like this. The man at fault for this, is Mitch Barnhart. He jumped the gun because of he wasn't expecting Billy D to say no.

I still have my doubts that Jeremy Foley is going to let Billy Donovan get away. I just can't see that happening. Florida has more cash than Kentucky. And as we all know, cash talks.
Overrated Wrote:Got to have a BCG supporter or two on here.

BOOOOOOOOOO :HitWall:

And BTW Overrated, Rod Evans sucks...

LOL, just kiddin big guy.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH

I'm still tryin to figure this out. Why in the world would UK have to give him a $6M buyout when he has never even signed his contract. To me, that is a bunch of crap.
Fire Billy Clyde, and bring in the GENERAL!!!!!!
EOE Wrote:Fire Billy Clyde, and bring in the GENERAL!!!!!!

I know you're joking!!!
allseasonfan Wrote:I know you're joking!!!

:biggrin:
EOE Wrote:Fire Billy Clyde, and bring in the GENERAL!!!!!!
:worthy: AMEN BROTHER...
lets just let the players coach themselves
BillyG has no excuses for whats happened this year but he will be back next year, with a good recruiting class and imo turns this thing around. :thumpsup:
Redneck Wrote:BOOOOOOOOOO :HitWall:

And BTW Overrated, Rod Evans sucks...

LOL, just kiddin big guy.

:argue: harris is a bit better though