Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RUMOR: Gillispie Fired!!!
I'm afraid if we get rid of Gillispie we will witness the darkest days of UK basketball if you thought they would come back with a better team this year losing bradley crawford and jasper last year i would like to check your knowledge on the game its simple Billy G deserves another year at coach granted that he knows if improvements is not seen during the 09-10 season it will mean the end of his tenure at UK
at UK i hate seeing them lose i grit my teeth at every loss it wouldnt matter if they played the dream team but the truth is tubby left this program in shambles and it would take a season or so with good recurits to reload it
Sports_Fan28 Wrote:I say to **** with em all and let them go if they want, they committed to UK not gillispie and UK deserves better anyway.

honestly if your a high school ball player graduating high school and having a very good chance of going pro the school is not whats gonna buy you its gonna be the coach and how he's gonna get you exposed and make you better
I find this very hard to believe.

Why do so many people say "we will enter the darks days of UK basketball" if we fire Gillispie? Are we not already just an average team of the last 4 or 5 years? When was the last time we won the SEC tournament? When was the last time we brought in a top 5 recruiting class? When was the last time UK was ranked in the top 10? When was the last time we reached the final four or the elite 8?

Fans we are already in the "dark days of Kentucky basketball". In college you can easily be taken out of these dark days with a couple of changes, not saying that it will happen because things could possibly get worse if we make a change, but it is possible for things to get better, much better.

Hopefully the University of Kentucky makes the right choice this off-season no matter what the choice is!
He needs another year or two, if he dont make a big change next year or does worse then he needs to leave! If he improves keep him another year and lets see from then, at least let him get his own team in there!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I find this very hard to believe.

Why do so many people say "we will enter the darks days of UK basketball" if we fire Gillispie? Are we not already just an average team of the last 4 or 5 years? When was the last time we won the SEC tournament? When was the last time we brought in a top 5 recruiting class? When was the last time UK was ranked in the top 10? When was the last time we reached the final four or the elite 8?

Fans we are already in the "dark days of Kentucky basketball". In college you can easily be taken out of these dark days with a couple of changes, not saying that it will happen because things could possibly get worse if we make a change, but it is possible for things to get better, much better.

Hopefully the University of Kentucky makes the right choice this off-season no matter what the choice is!
as discouraging as it may look right now it will only look worse "darker" getting rid of gillispie this tarnishes the coaching spot if rid of him due to the fear of being one or two seasons and done its making us look worse i think if we get rid of him this soon
the 1 the only Wrote:as discouraging as it may look right now it will only look worse "darker" getting rid of gillispie this tarnishes the coaching spot if rid of him due to the fear of being one or two seasons and done its making us look worse i think if we get rid of him this soon

What if the UK administration brings in someone who can keep the current players on this roster and keep the committed players - committed?

I've noticed that a lot of fans are not real worried about the coach, they are worried about losing the recruits that have committed to Kentucky (i.e. Hood, Orton, Ferguson, etc.), but what some do not realize, we could possibly bring in a coach that keeps these players and gets some other NBA type talent players.

I'm not saying get rid of Gillispie, because I would like to see what he can do with more depth and talent next season, but things could possibly get better if a new coach was hired.

Again, just a thought.
Guys, I too have heard the samething from a good source. (Cotton Nash family member).. Gillispie is going to be replaced..

once again, rumor too, but what I heard.. you know how that goes..
Does it "tarnish" UK if Gillispie is fired for just cause?

I'm not talking coaching or on the court record.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Does it "tarnish" UK if Gillispie is fired for just cause?

No it does not .Many coaches have been fired for off the court actions. IMO it does not tarnish the schools reputation!
It was said that UK would have to pay Gillispie $6MM to terminate the "memo of understanding," and that would look real bad in this economy with several departments on campus having to cut back.

I think he gets another year at least, but it's just a hunch.

I also think he needs to spend the summer in a**hole rehab.
jetpilot Wrote:It was said that UK would have to pay Gillispie $6MM to terminate the "memo of understanding," and that would look real bad in this economy with several departments on campus having to cut back.

I have never seen a coach that does not adjust his\her defense when he\she sees the other team making his\her team look slow. I am not as upset about UK losing as much as I am upset with the way they are losing and their unwillingness to adjust. He is over-payed and overrated as a coach from what I have seen so far. Anyone who comes in to coach the Cats and does not know that he is the public voice of the team is ignorant, and that is kinda what the AD said about the coach...Kinda funny....
Twitter: @tc_analytics

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I have never seen a coach that does not adjust his\her defense when he\she sees the other team making his\her team look slow. I am not as upset about UK losing as much as I am upset with the way they are losing and their unwillingness to adjust. He is over-payed and overrated as a coach from what I have seen so far. Anyone who comes in to coach the Cats and does not know that he is the public voice of the team is ignorant, and that is kinda what the AD said about the coach...Kinda funny....

I agree with you!
jetpilot Wrote:It was said that UK would have to pay Gillispie $6MM to terminate the "memo of understanding," and that would look real bad in this economy with several departments on campus having to cut back.

lol...good one fly boy.
why dont you call up VH1 they have a show called the TOOL academy now :flush:
Mr.Kimball Wrote:lol...good one fly boy.

Thank you sir!:thanks:
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Does it "tarnish" UK if Gillispie is fired for just cause?

Would anyone really believe that he was fired for "off the court" actions though?

Given the fact that a lot of people are calling for his head because of "bad coaching," how many people, if he is fired for such, will believe that Gillispie was truly fired for that and not his record on the court?

We still have this reputation of running Tubby out because he wasn't producing (not that Tubby left on his own for Minnesota) and what will it snowball into if we still have that, plus "we ran off Gillispie because he didn't turn the program around in two years?"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I hated last night the love he was showing for Michael Porter, every time UK would score about 6-7 points and the offense was starting to look good, Porter was set to check back in, he'd get in, take some unwanted 3-point shots and then go sit back on the bench, it's aggravating.
I agree Seth Davis and Clark Kellog are idiots. they do not know what they are talking about, all they care about is Duke, who i hate Coach K is a big wine baby and gets everything he wants handed to him by the ref's, i hope Duke gets beat unmercfully in this tournament. as far as Gillispie goes all we can do is wait and see, if he's back then he's back and if he's gone then he's gone as for meeks, he said that he wanted his education to fall back on and him and PP are roomates and usually if one stays then the other one stays, if one goes then usually the other one goes. like i said all we can do is wait and see
I hope this is true. For the poster that stated that Kentucky will enter the darkest days of the program, last time I checked, we are currently in the NIT. First time in that tournament since the 79 season. Sounds like we are already there pal. And, to be honest, don't be surprised if Meeks and Patterson leave if Gillispie stays. Mr. Meeks is not fond of Coach Gillispie and word has it that he was screaming to fire Gillispie from the stands after the Georgia or Florida game.

I think this program will be in better shape without coach Alcoholic.
BCF4L Wrote:I hope this is true. For the poster that stated that Kentucky will enter the darkest days of the program, last time I checked, we are currently in the NIT. First time in that tournament since the 79 season. Sounds like we are already there pal. And, to be honest, don't be surprised if Meeks and Patterson leave if Gillispie stays. Mr. Meeks is not fond of Coach Gillispie and word has it that he was screaming to fire Gillispie from the stands after the Georgia or Florida game.

Just shows your maturity doesn't it?

Are you really going to sit there and say that no coach drinks? Just so happen that Billy G was caught. Same goes for illegal recruiting, everyone does it just not all gets caught.

Billy G may not be the coach for the job BUT neither was Tubby and UK gave him 10 years.

I don't agree with your assessment of Meeks relationship with the Coach but I may be wrong. If Meeks leaves because he doesn't like Billy then whatever, shows he wasn't putting the team first anyway. He nor Patterson is ready for the NBA and it would be greatly beneficial if they both stayed, Gillespie as coach or not!
If I read one more time about someone saying Tubby couldnt coach, or recruit or that he is the one responsible for this, im going to lose it. Tubby was a great coach and could have had this team in the tournament with ease. Leave the man alone, hes gone like most of you wanted so just leave it at that. As for gillispie, well you all know by now how I feel about him, hopefully his sorry *** is fired when all this NIT bull**** is over with.
BCF4L Wrote:I hope this is true. For the poster that stated that Kentucky will enter the darkest days of the program, last time I checked, we are currently in the NIT. First time in that tournament since the 79 season. Sounds like we are already there pal. And, to be honest, don't be surprised if Meeks and Patterson leave if Gillispie stays. Mr. Meeks is not fond of Coach Gillispie and word has it that he was screaming to fire Gillispie from the stands after the Georgia or Florida game.

:dontthink I think it is unprofessional to call someone a Alcoholic. We as UK fans can be more civilized than that can we?
cougarpride08 Wrote::dontthink I think it is unprofessional to call someone a Alcoholic. We as UK fans can be more civilized than that can we?

Since when did BGR have any professionals? OK, he's an idiot!:lmao:
I would rather be called a idiot than a alcoholic.

Back In 88-89 we wouldve killed to be in the NIT or any other post season tournament. Trust me those days were the dark days. But, with that said, If UK continues to keep a coach who has lost his players mentally the downward spiral will continue.
i hope he does so that can get a real coach in there that knows how to do the job right
I dont think he will get fired after one year but if he has another bad year c ya Billy
i know, right? Wrote:I dont think he will get fired after one year but if he has another bad year c ya Billy

I am not a UK fan. But I think Billy is in his 2nd year.
He will have one more year to prove himself.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Back In 88-89 we wouldve killed to be in the NIT or any other post season tournament. Trust me those days were the dark days. But, with that said, If UK continues to keep a coach who has lost his players mentally the downward spiral will continue.

Those were the days....Joking, but I think you hit the nail on the head.