Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RUMOR: Gillispie Fired!!!
Reported on WKYT that Seth Davis of CBS has inside sources saying Gillispie would be fired
I don't think he'll be getting fired.
were did you read this???
i want proof if not then this should not even be aloud on here
I highly don't this.
Come On
NEWS FLASH: Uk just fired rich brooks here is the link
:ape:
seth davis and clark kellogg are idiots they hate UK and this just gets them some publicity BCG is here to stay.
I didn't see anything on wkyts web site. I highly doubt it
Dont Post False Info...Come on Guys.
Provide a link or an infraction will be issued.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
OK, I did some research and let me say this.

Seth Davis did report in his latest article that a "good" source told him Gillispie will be getting the boot, however, that does not necessarily make it true.

WKYT and LEX18 both reported this.

This thread will be marked as a rumor until more information comes out.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KoJack Wrote:Reported on WKYT that Seth Davis of CBS has inside sources saying Gillispie would be fired

I heard the same thing, but don't believe it.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/wr...hts/2.html

I usually try to avoid speculating on jobs that are not vacant, but unfortunately that is part of the job. That said, I can tell you that all eyes in the college basketball world are on Lexington, Ky. While it may be hard to believe that the school would get rid of Billy Gillispie after two years, I am getting indications that athletic director Mitch Barnhart could very well be moving in that direction. There is a concern that if Gillispie comes back, many of his players will either turn pro or transfer. One well-placed source told me last week that the decision to remove Gillispie was already "done." I believe that was overstated, but Barnhart's relative silence on this matter has been deafening. I left a message for Barnhart over the weekend and my call was returned not by him, but by an athletic spokesman, who naturally told me Barnhart had no comment on the matter. If Barnhart thinks he can wait another few weeks until Kentucky is done playing to resolve this matter, he is sorely mistaken.
guys IMHO Gillispie gets one more year to prove he can get it done. i say 25 wins or he will be out next season. This will also give us another yeay to evaluate potential coaches such a Ford or Pelphry. Gillispie gets one more chance. IMHO
I also heard this...... I heard after the NCAA Tourney it will all come out, who the new coach will be..... I will just wait and see....... If what I heard comes true it will be awesome, but I ain't gonna get my hopes up until I see it.....
talking about it right now on ESPN.
TATE_64 Wrote:I also heard this...... I heard after the NCAA Tourney it will all come out, who the new coach will be..... I will just wait and see....... If what I heard comes true it will be awesome, but I ain't gonna get my hopes up until I see it.....

can u pm me what you heard:Clap:
Seth Davis is an idiot that likes to make his own headlines. Can't stand him and if this does turn out to be true it will be another huge blow to the UK basketball program. People need to get real.
FBALL Wrote:Seth Davis is an idiot that likes to make his own headlines. Can't stand and if this does turn out to be true it will be another huge blow to the UK basketball program. People need to get real.

:Thumbs: Agreed.
Was is Cat's Pause that stated that PP, Meeks would leave (enter draft) if BCG does not comeback, and Orton would not be coming?
Stardust Wrote:Was is Cat's Pause that stated that PP, Meeks would leave (enter draft) if BCG does not comeback, and Orton would not be coming?

I think this is what most dont see. If BCG is gone that very well could mean Patterson and Meeks might consider the NBA draft and Gillispie is the one that recuited Orton and Hood they might even back out if hes gone and decide to go somewhere else.
MVP2 Wrote:I think this is what most dont see. If BCG is gone that very well could mean Patterson and Meeks might consider the NBA draft and Gillispie is the one that recuited Orton and Hood that might even back out if hes gone and decide to go somewhere else.

I agree 100%. That is what I was thinking.
MVP2 Wrote:I think this is what most dont see. If BCG is gone that very well could mean Patterson and Meeks might consider the NBA draft and Gillispie is the one that recuited Orton and Hood they might even back out if hes gone and decide to go somewhere else.

:Thumbs:
NIKE2010 Wrote:I agree 100%. That is what I was thinking.

As was I....:Thumbs:
Won't believe it til I see it.
MVP2 Wrote:I think this is what most dont see. If BCG is gone that very well could mean Patterson and Meeks might consider the NBA draft and Gillispie is the one that recuited Orton and Hood they might even back out if hes gone and decide to go somewhere else.

:Thumbs:

If you sign the LOI, then your stuck with that school, no matter if the coach leaves or not.
I say to **** with em all and let them go if they want, they committed to UK not gillispie and UK deserves better anyway.
Sports_Fan28 Wrote:I say to **** with em all and let them go if they want, they committed to UK not gillispie and UK deserves better anyway.

This stuff gets a little old. Have an opinion, but do it maturely. Every single post has to be laced feigned foul language... :zzz: