Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
schedule 7th and 8th grade games
When are teams going to start putting together football schedules for the 2009 football season?
hauntedhill Wrote:When are teams going to start putting together football schedules for the 2009 football season?

We are starting to put ours together in Johnon Co. right now.
MR. Slate Wrote:We are starting to put ours together in Johnson Co. right now.
What have we got so far??
What about Letcher Middle?
Many teams get theirs in order before the new year with a few slots filled in by Feb. For the most part I think you should know who you are playing by now.
eagle dad 2014 Wrote:What have we got so far??

I know outside of conference, so far we have Leslie County at home, and Corbin at Leslie COunty Bowl. Still looking for games if anyone is interested.
Cougarpride08,
Talked to Howard yesterday and he said he has already scheduled games with Cumberland, Clarke Co, Leslie County, Clay County, New Harlan, Johnson Central, Belfry, and the Shelby Valley Bowl (doesn't know who they are playing yet) just a date.. He still needs to pin down dates for Hazard, Perry Central, Sebastian (Breathitt Co.). So that's going to be his eleven games if I remember right.
Depending upon whether or not we get back in the Sandy Valley Conference, Betsy Layne will be looking to start scheduling soon. Does anyone have any date on the next Conference meeting? Shoot me a message Canoeman.
Thanks
New Harlan's schedule is a work in progress still. It looks like they have Knox Co., Johnson Central, Corbin, Cumberland, Bell, Letcher, Whitely, Leslie, Evarts, and Rockcastle. Looks like some very nice competiton. I think it will only make them better prepared for high school.

It's always seems like they have a tough time finding 5th and 6th grade games for some reason. Don't most schools have 5th and 6th grade teams are do they play league games at this age in other places?
Mama Bear Wrote:New Harlan's schedule is a work in progress still. It looks like they have Knox Co., Johnson Central, Corbin, Cumberland, Bell, Letcher, Whitely, Leslie, Evarts, and Rockcastle. Looks like some very nice competiton. I think it will only make them better prepared for high school.

It's always seems like they have a tough time finding 5th and 6th grade games for some reason. Don't most schools have 5th and 6th grade teams are do they play league games at this age in other places?
Johnson County's 5th/6th are in the grade schools. They usually play each other. We have 6 elementary schools in the county. We have county playoffs and a county champion each year. Our 3rd/4th has a separate season as well. They normally don't travel too much. Only a scrimmage game every now and then.
Lambert #1 Wrote:Cougarpride08,
Talked to Howard yesterday and he said he has already scheduled games with Cumberland, Clarke Co, Leslie County, Clay County, New Harlan, Johnson Central, Belfry, and the Shelby Valley Bowl (doesn't know who they are playing yet) just a date.. He still needs to pin down dates for Hazard, Perry Central, Sebastian (Breathitt Co.). So that's going to be his eleven games if I remember right.

Thanks Coach
NEKC Middle School Schedule is completed !!!
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Let's Go Lcc
Letcher is playing Clay in the 2nd Annual UNITE Bowl
New HArlan was supposed to play Rockcastle, but Rockcastle has since had to cancel. So I'm trying to find a replacement for them.
Deviloligist, do you have a copy of the NEKC schedule?
I sent it to Coach Morris after the meeting in February. I have a copy somewhere and I will have to dig it up.I know that we are looking at 2 Grids, Boyd and Ashland like last year, plus 7 regular season games, the playoffs and then possibly the state playoffs after that.

Waiting to see if Greenup will compete as Greysbranch and McKell or if they are combined. I will find out today sometime and post back.
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
I know that our schedule is completed already with games against Lexington Catholic, Grant County, Anderson County, Oldham County etc.....
Lambert #1 Wrote:Cougarpride08,

Are they coming here? When you get the schedule complete let me know.
Navajo4life Wrote:I know that our schedule is completed already with games against Lexington Catholic, Grant County, Anderson County, Oldham County etc.....

What is your complete schedule? When do you play Lec Cath?
cougarpride08 Wrote:Are they coming here? When you get the schedule complete let me know.

THEY WELL COMING HERE TO PLAY 1ST HOME GAME OF THE YEAR.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Are they coming here? When you get the schedule complete let me know.

THEY WELL COMING HERE TO PLAY 1ST HOME GAME OF THE YEAR.
:popcorn:
excyter21 Wrote:Depending upon whether or not we get back in the Sandy Valley Conference, Betsy Layne will be looking to start scheduling soon. Does anyone have any date on the next Conference meeting? Shoot me a message Canoeman.
Thanks

Get back in,Excyter
thanks
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:I sent it to Coach Morris after the meeting in February. I have a copy somewhere and I will have to dig it up.I know that we are looking at 2 Grids, Boyd and Ashland like last year, plus 7 regular season games, the playoffs and then possibly the state playoffs after that.

Waiting to see if Greenup will compete as Greysbranch and McKell or if they are combined. I will find out today sometime and post back.
The official vote will be Monday at the BOE meeting, I look for it happen.
As far as the schedule is will it be tougher this year than last year?
I kow that we play lexington Catholic 1st game of the year at home
Going to Grant County
Anderson County at home
Oldham County away
North Oldham away
East Oldham at home
South Oldham at home
Louisville Christian Academy at home
Bowling Green away
One other game away

Then the state tournament
Kosar Wrote:The official vote will be Monday at the BOE meeting, I look for it happen.
Its a done deal, No more Wurtland and Mckell, Now it is one team Greenup County.:Thumbs:
Navajo4life Wrote:I kow that we play lexington Catholic 1st game of the year at home
Going to Grant County
Anderson County at home
Oldham County away
North Oldham away
East Oldham at home
South Oldham at home
Louisville Christian Academy at home
Bowling Green away
One other game away

Then the state tournament

Bowling Green is a heck of a trip to play a MS game. I assume that is a Sat game.
cougarpride08 Wrote:As far as the schedule is will it be tougher this year than last year?

YES BUT THAT MAKES YOU BETTER :Thumbs:
Greenup Co. combined the two middle school at the last board meeting.