Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Terrence Williams or Jodie Meeks???
Stardust Wrote:Nope, you've made no vaild point here. If Meeks was a three he would have been better TWILL, or if TWILL was a two, Meeks would have been a better two. TongueirateSho

WOW!!!I disagree....TWILL will play 2 in the NBA...Watch and see and Meeks will be lucky to play....Why would meeks go 11th in the 2nd and TWILL 11th in the 1st...and Meeks is some how better???Thats bad...
theVILLE Wrote:WOW!!!I disagree....TWILL will play 2 in the NBA...Watch and see and Meeks will be lucky to play....Why would meeks go 11th in the 2nd and TWILL 11th in the 1st...and Meeks is some how better???Thats bad...

No, TWILL is a 3.
Stardust Wrote:No, TWILL is a 3.

And meeks will be a bench Warmer right...Come on man think about it...TWILL makes everyone better around him....Scores, assists, steals, blocks, defense,he won the toughest conference championship when meeks could not make it out of the 1st round of the SEC tourney...
theVILLE Wrote:And meeks will be a bench Warmer right...Come on man think about it...TWILL makes everyone better around him....Scores, assists, steals, blocks, defense,he won the toughest conference championship when meeks could not make it out of the 1st round of the SEC tourney...

You are comparing apples to oranges. If Meeks had the supporting cast that TWILL had, he would have led them to a Championship, not an early departure. TWILL had all that talent around him and he couldn't do any better than what he did. UK had one player along with Meeks, and TWILL had 10 around TWILL and you can honestly be proud of how far TWILL led his team. Hah, some leader. I sure wouldnt want that on my bench! :biggrin:
May Stardust put theVILLE in his place until the end of time? We shall see, haha.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:May Stardust put theVILLE in his place until the end of time? We shall see, haha.

:1:
Stardust Wrote:You are comparing apples to oranges. If Meeks had the supporting cast that TWILL had, he would have led them to a Championship, not an early departure. TWILL had all that talent around him and he couldn't do any better than what he did. UK had one player along with Meeks, and TWILL had 10 around TWILL and you can honestly be proud of how far TWILL led his team. Hah, some leader. I sure wouldnt want that on my bench! :biggrin:

WOW, amazing, dead on, And jodie meeks was a player of the year candidate right? Smile and the drafts a joke always has been, what place u go in the draft doesnt support the outcome of someones career, look at all these past draft picks

2003 - Pistons selected Darko Milicic 2nd
2002 - Warriors selected Mike Dunleavy 3rd
2005 - Hawks selected Marvin Williams 2nd (
1998 - Clippers selected Michael Olowokandi 1st overall

these players was all selected high and what did any of them do, i dont know how earl clark went first round let alone top 15, also the pacers draft tyler Hansbrough? its a joke, they will never be any better drafting these players that was good in college only due to there surrondings and ref likeness
Stardust Wrote:You are comparing apples to oranges. If Meeks had the supporting cast that TWILL had, he would have led them to a Championship, not an early departure. TWILL had all that talent around him and he couldn't do any better than what he did. UK had one player along with Meeks, and TWILL had 10 around TWILL and you can honestly be proud of how far TWILL led his team. Hah, some leader. I sure wouldnt want that on my bench! :biggrin:

Where did meeks take his team....to the first NIT in 18 years???I wouldnt want that as a waterboy...Meeks will be traded tpt he nets to get TWILL some gatorade:biggrin:
Wildcatk23 Wrote:WOW, amazing, dead on, And jodie meeks was a player of the year candidate right? Smile and the drafts a joke always has been, what place u go in the draft doesnt support the outcome of someones career, look at all these past draft picks

2003 - Pistons selected Darko Milicic 2nd
2002 - Warriors selected Mike Dunleavy 3rd
2005 - Hawks selected Marvin Williams 2nd (
1998 - Clippers selected Michael Olowokandi 1st overall

these players was all selected high and what did any of them do, i dont know how earl clark went first round let alone top 15, also the pacers draft tyler Hansbrough? its a joke, they will never be any better drafting these players that was good in college only due to there surrondings and ref likeness

I can see how clark went that early...I thought he was going earlier than that though...he will be great in the NBA
theVILLE Wrote:Where did meeks take his team....to the first NIT in 18 years???I wouldnt want that as a waterboy...Meeks will be traded tpt he nets to get TWILL some gatorade:biggrin:

WHOA my friend, you keep bragging about how LOADED the Cards were, compared to how lowly the Cats were. So, if TWILL was such the great leader, why is it that they were embarassed in the 2nd round. Per you, the Cards should have won it all! Per you, the Cats were not very good! So, who underachieved my friend????
burn !!
Stardust Wrote:WHOA my friend, you keep bragging about how LOADED the Cards were, compared to how lowly the Cats were. So, if TWILL was such the great leader, why is it that they were embarassed in the 2nd round. Per you, the Cards should have won it all! Per you, the Cats were not very good! So, who underachieved my friend????

Haha! That one hurt.:flame::worthy:
Stardust Wrote:WHOA my friend, you keep bragging about how LOADED the Cards were, compared to how lowly the Cats were. So, if TWILL was such the great leader, why is it that they were embarassed in the 2nd round. Per you, the Cards should have won it all! Per you, the Cats were not very good! So, who underachieved my friend????

if I am not mistaking the cards beat Arizona by about 50 in the secong round...the elite 8 is pretty good compared to the NIT right....if meeks were a good leader why loose to VMI, Gardner Webb, San Diego St., Ole Miss(without three best players),miss st. at Rupp, all these games where at RUPP besides the ole miss game, Houston is another addition...
blackcat_mvp6 Wrote:Haha! That one hurt.:flame::worthy:

How did that burn..yeah made ou all look like idiots bragging about the NIT or losing to VMI, Gardner Webb, exc...to many to go on with....and all at RUPP, WOW no I am not felling no burn, besides the nets in theVILLE
We weren't expected to win it all that's why it burned. You choked. You lost to Michigan State. You all were acting so cocky and then got you butts handed to you by the Spartans. We did what was expected. We sucked it up like everyone knew we would. We were having coaching issues.
blackcat_mvp6 Wrote:We weren't expected to win it all that's why it burned. You choked. You lost to Michigan State. You all were acting so cocky and then got you butts handed to you by the Spartans. We did what was expected. We sucked it up like everyone knew we would. We were having coaching issues.

Yeah thats what you expect out of UK anymore....right....NIT
theVILLE Wrote:Yeah thats what you expect out of UK anymore....right....NIT

Well this year im expecting elite 8 maybe final 4, what about your cards?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Well this year im expecting elite 8 maybe final 4, what about your cards?

Sweet 16 or elite 8....and beat UK and win the big east
And then you woke up.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
cougarpride08 Wrote:And then you woke up.

No you still havent woke up from the beating you got the last2 years and the upcoming season
I admit you guys was a better team, but winning it at the buzzer isn't my idea of a beat down. As bad of a team we was we still was a shot away from beating you guys. If that is any indication, then after the game this year we will see.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

cougarpride08 Wrote:I admit you guys was a better team, but winning it at the buzzer isn't my idea of a beat down. As bad of a team we was we still was a shot away from beating you guys. If that is any indication, then after the game this year we will see.

You all were lucky to even be that close...with in 20 points....to be honest you guys shouldnt been with in 30 points.....But you all had the best game you had all year and played close....
As an individual I like Jodie Meeks way more than Williams. I had a class with Williams at UofL, he was very disrespectful to our grad student teacher Tara Tuttle, always late, sometimes you could spot him on the bridge to the student center where he would stand out there with his shirt off yelling at "His Boyz." Jodie is the quiet type, very respectful, easy to carry on a conversation with, and will sign every autograph that he is asked of.

As a player, Williams is much more explosive and more of a complete player. He needs to work more on his shot though, that is the only real down fall that he has.
DALE Wrote:As an individual I like Jodie Meeks way more than Williams. I had a class with Williams at UofL, he was very disrespectful to our grad student teacher Tara Tuttle, always late, sometimes you could spot him on the bridge to the student center where he would stand out there with his shirt off yelling at "His Boyz." Jodie is the quiet type, very respectful, easy to carry on a conversation with, and will sign every autograph that he is asked of.

As a player, Williams is much more explosive and more of a complete player. He needs to work more on his shot though, that is the only real down fall that he has.

I personally have TWILLS autograph so I know he will sign an autograph....and he may be rude to a teacher but this for a basketball game....Did you have any classes with Jodie or no that he would sign autographs or anything????
The fact is we played with you guys, and as bad as we was, we still was in there. Just remember that the game was at UL, and if it had been at UK I think we could have won it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

theVILLE Wrote:I personally have TWILLS autograph so I know he will sign an autograph....and he may be rude to a teacher but this for a basketball game....Did you have any classes with Jodie or no that he would sign autographs or anything????

Attitude and respect for others can take anyone a long way in the world. Of those two things Williams stinks at both of them. Football was the king when I was at Louisville, coming off of a BCS bowl game, and you could definately tell a difference between who was on the football team and who was on the basketball team just by the way the players acted and dressed(many of them with their shirts tucked in, jeans with belts actually around their waist) because I stayed in the same complex as many of those athletes, Bettie Johnson Apartments(Located in front of the railroad tracks on the corner of 4th and Cardinal Blvd). After Petrino left so did the majority of the football players head. I said Williams was the better ball player and just needed to work on his shot, but as an individual, Meeks was the much better individual. I have spoke with Jodie a couple of times due to my family having season basketball tickets. When my little cousin was in the hospital, I stood around and waited for about 45 minutes after a game while he signed other kids items to get an autograph for my cousin. I told him what was up and he signed it to them and wrote "Get Well Soon." Sure to some it may not seem like much, to a kid that is a huge UK fan, it made his day. It's the heart and graciousness of a guy like Jodie that makes him a very likeable person and a person the UK program will miss. Williams reminds me a lot of a Pac-Man Jones.
DALE Wrote:Attitude and respect for others can take anyone a long way in the world. Of those two things Williams stinks at both of them. Football was the king when I was at Louisville, coming off of a BCS bowl game, and you could definately tell a difference between who was on the football team and who was on the basketball team just by the way the players acted and dressed(many of them with their shirts tucked in, jeans with belts actually around their waist) because I stayed in the same complex as many of those athletes, Bettie Johnson Apartments(Located in front of the railroad tracks on the corner of 4th and Cardinal Blvd). After Petrino left so did the majority of the football players head. I said Williams was the better ball player and just needed to work on his shot, but as an individual, Meeks was the much better individual. I have spoke with Jodie a couple of times due to my family having season basketball tickets. When my little cousin was in the hospital, I stood around and waited for about 45 minutes after a game while he signed other kids items to get an autograph for my cousin. I told him what was up and he signed it to them and wrote "Get Well Soon." Sure to some it may not seem like much, to a kid that is a huge UK fan, it made his day. It's the heart and graciousness of a guy like Jodie that makes him a very likeable person and a person the UK program will miss. Williams reminds me a lot of a Pac-Man Jones.

Ok but I was in a car wreck and was in the hospital for a while...my uncle whom went to a ville game got, TWILL, Pitino, and Garcia was in attemdance and TWILL got him to sign it too...to you TWILL is horrible person, and may be but things like he done for me went along way and nothing you can say to change my mind about that.....now I never got Jodies autograph, but no doubt he is a good person....
Honestly it is very difficult to compare these players, because Meeks is a shooting guard and Williams is a forward. Therefore Meeks is a shoot first type player that may have around 1-2 assists, 2-4 rebounds, and a few turnovers a game. Williams will average around a double-double each game because he is much bigger and is placed in better positions for a rebound and an assist because he has the ability to drive & post-up. By being capable of both he can find the open man. Meeks can drive the lane as well, but he'd prefer a jump shot any day like most 2-guards do in college.

One thing we all know is that both where very vital to their teams success, and if one had went down with injury this past season each team would have been hurting (especially Kentucky).
Well if I am not mistaken Jodie's sophomore year he was injured, and we did suffer, and IMO I think healthy all year I think we would have been in a different situation.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

BlackcatAlum Wrote:Honestly it is very difficult to compare these players, because Meeks is a shooting guard and Williams is a forward. Therefore Meeks is a shoot first type player that may have around 1-2 assists, 2-4 rebounds, and a few turnovers a game. Williams will average around a double-double each game because he is much bigger and is placed in better positions for a rebound and an assist because he has the ability to drive & post-up. By being capable of both he can find the open man. Meeks can drive the lane as well, but he'd prefer a jump shot any day like most 2-guards do in college.

One thing we all know is that both where very vital to their teams success, and if one had went down with injury this past season each team would have been hurting (especially Kentucky).

Great post...but TWILL isnt that much bigger one or two inches