Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Terrence Williams or Jodie Meeks???
guyfawkes Wrote:By the stats you would go with Meeks but Williams is very tough too.

It's acutally Williams who leads in all the stats with the exception of scoring. But all around player, I still take Meeks over Williams
EKUAlum05 Wrote:vs. Appalachian State= 46 points, 4 STEALS, 2 Assists

vs. Tennessee= 54 points, 8 REBOUNDS, 4 ASSISTS

vs. Arkansas= 45 points, 7 REBOUNDS, 3 STEALS, 2 Assists

You have blindly undersold Meeks.

He gives you rebounding, steals, clutch free throw shooting, assists, great defensive intensity, and leadership.

TWILL DOES TOO AND MEEKS DOEST HAVE MANY REBOUNDS OR STEAL R ASSISTS I MEAN TWILL FEELS THE STAT SHEET UP....AVERAGES A DOUBLE DOUBLE AND OFTEN A TRIPLE DOUBLE AND SCORES AND ALOT OF TIME A TRIPLE DOUBLE... HOW MANY DOUBLE DOUBLE HAS MEEKS HAD.... IF THE QUESTION WERE BETTER SCORER OR SHOOTER I WOULD TAKE MEEKS OVER ANYBODY IN THE COUNTRY EXCEPT CURRY.... BUT WHICH I WOULD RATHER HAVE ON MY TEAM TWILL....
jetpilot Wrote:Not following college basketball this year huh? Those who have watched him play or played against him know he can do it all.

TWILL ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.... MEEKS GIVES POINTS AND 1-3 ASSISTS....ON THE EXCCEPTION OF HIS 54 POINT PERFORMANCE AND 45 POINT THIS PAST WEEKEND THAN HE IS JUST A SCORER AND AVERAGES ABOUT THREE ASSSISTS
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Meeks any day.

Williams is a great player, but the only thing he does better than Jodie is pass.

Jodie puts the ball on the floor better, drives to the basket better, is quicker and more alert on defense, and can flat out shoot the ball better than Williams.

Puts the ball on the floor better...Twill is said to be the best in college at getting to the rim.. Meeks better shooter MAYBE but not Getting to the rim
guyfawkes Wrote:By the stats you would go with Meeks but Williams is very tough too.

NO NOT BYS STATS, BY STATS ITS HANDS DOWN WILLIAMS
theVILLE Wrote:Well meeks in contending for the big east player of the year... Jodie contending for sec player of the year... Meeks puts up great numbers in points... Contending for player of the year.... But all of his major points are against teams that arent really that great... Twill on the other hand AVERAGES a DOUBLE DOUBLE in points and rebounds and usally has right at 10 assists if doesnt.... As a shooter I would take meeks but I am going to say TWILL as the overall player... hate it or not that is who I would take..... if you wanted me to say meeks you would have to say who is a better scorer... but twill does so many other things

He scored 54 against Tennessee. Tennessee has defeated two Big East teams including Marquette who is 3rd or 4th in the standings.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:He scored 54 against Tennessee. Tennessee has defeated two Big East teams including Marquette who is 3rd or 4th in the standings.

Beginnig of the year this was though tennessee has went down hill.... and how many big east teams did ky beat though
theVILLE Wrote:Beginnig of the year this was though tennessee has went down hill.... and how many big east teams did ky beat though

West Virginia
theVILLE Wrote:TWILL DOES TOO AND MEEKS DOEST HAVE MANY REBOUNDS OR STEAL R ASSISTS I MEAN TWILL FEELS THE STAT SHEET UP....AVERAGES A DOUBLE DOUBLE AND OFTEN A TRIPLE DOUBLE AND SCORES AND ALOT OF TIME A TRIPLE DOUBLE... HOW MANY DOUBLE DOUBLE HAS MEEKS HAD.... IF THE QUESTION WERE BETTER SCORER OR SHOOTER I WOULD TAKE MEEKS OVER ANYBODY IN THE COUNTRY EXCEPT CURRY.... BUT WHICH I WOULD RATHER HAVE ON MY TEAM TWILL....

How many Triple-doubles does Williams actually have? :thatsfunn
theVILLE Wrote:TWILL DOES TOO AND MEEKS DOEST HAVE MANY REBOUNDS OR STEAL R ASSISTS I MEAN TWILL FEELS THE STAT SHEET UP....AVERAGES A DOUBLE DOUBLE AND OFTEN A TRIPLE DOUBLE AND SCORES AND ALOT OF TIME A TRIPLE DOUBLE... HOW MANY DOUBLE DOUBLE HAS MEEKS HAD.... IF THE QUESTION WERE BETTER SCORER OR SHOOTER I WOULD TAKE MEEKS OVER ANYBODY IN THE COUNTRY EXCEPT CURRY.... BUT WHICH I WOULD RATHER HAVE ON MY TEAM TWILL....

Completely erroneous! Jeeze, where is it that you....nevermind. :HitWall:

Alright, to correct the above mis-information :flush: , T-Will:
1. does not average a double-double. His averages are 12.1 pts, 8.5 reb, 4.6 assists.

2. has had four double-doubles the entire season Pts/Reb - UAB 21/10, Villanova 10/14, Notre Dame 24/16, Rutgers 23/11

3. has not had a triple double. The most assists he has had in a single game is 8 and he has done that twice this season.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:How many Triple-doubles does Williams actually have? :thatsfunn

ZERO :please:

:biggrin: What are we going to do with him ODM?
If I was wanting to build my team around one player I'd go with Meeks. If i had a good team and needed someone to do the little things(good defense, rebound, get teamates involved, score when needed) then I'd go with T-Will. He does a little bit of everything. One night he can have 25, the next he can have 5, but 10rebounds, and 10assists. Both will play in the NBA.
Stardust Wrote:ZERO :please:

:biggrin: What are we going to do with him ODM?

:BigLaugh:

I'm still laughing from reading that this morning.
theVILLE Wrote:NO NOT BYS STATS, BY STATS ITS HANDS DOWN WILLIAMS

When Terrance Williams puts up even 30 in a game, then you might be able to change my mind about who is better.

Actually, no..you still won't.:wink:
outdoorsman43 Wrote::BigLaugh:

:Thumbs:

outdoorsman43 Wrote:When Terrance Williams puts up even 30 in a game, then you might be able to change my mind about who is better.

Actually, no..you still won't.:wink:

:lmao: :biggrin:
Stardust Wrote:Completely erroneous! Jeeze, where is it that you....nevermind. :HitWall:

Alright, to correct the above mis-information :flush: , T-Will:
1. does not average a double-double. His averages are 12.1 pts, 8.5 reb, 4.6 assists.

2. has had four double-doubles the entire season Pts/Reb - UAB 21/10, Villanova 10/14, Notre Dame 24/16, Rutgers 23/11

3. has not had a triple double. The most assists he has had in a single game is 8 and he has done that twice this season.

Starlight....Starbright...Stardust, way to shut that Cards fan up tonight...:lmao:
"MEEKS!!!"

lmao Thats all a bunch of shiot.....Name one person from the bigeast whos even had more then 1 triple double this year
phoeniXX Wrote:Starlight....Starbright...Stardust, way to shut that Cards fan up tonight...:lmao:
"MEEKS!!!"

:Thumbs:
TheONLY1 Wrote:lmao Thats all a bunch of shiot.....Name one person from the bigeast whos even had more then 1 triple double this year

:biggrin: I don't think there has been one
Stardust Wrote::biggrin: I don't think there has been one

YEAAAAA I know thabeet almost had his 2nd but didn't pull down the 1 more rebound he needed.
Jodie Meeks Outstanding shooter id rather have him then Terrence Williams anyday
Jodie Meeks
First of all, theVille is obviously misinformed... Please don't lump all UL fans into the same category as him...

As for the debate, its obvious that all UK fans care about is points, because there's no way you can say Jodie Meeks is a better all-around player than Terrance Williams if you take all stats into consideration. As has been said, Jodie Meeks has had two big games that inflated his PPG. Other than that, he's a good scorer, nothing more, nothing less. He doesn't rebound, he rarely dishes assists. If you're content with your best player jacking it up every time, even when he's not open, fine by me. A player like T-Will will help carry your team farther come March, if you even get there.
DeuceUL Wrote:First of all, theVille is obviously misinformed... Please don't lump all UL fans into the same category as him...

As for the debate, its obvious that all UK fans care about is points, because there's no way you can say Jodie Meeks is a better all-around player than Terrance Williams if you take all stats into consideration. As has been said, Jodie Meeks has had two big games that inflated his PPG. Other than that, he's a good scorer, nothing more, nothing less. He doesn't rebound, he rarely dishes assists. If you're content with your best player jacking it up every time, even when he's not open, fine by me. A player like T-Will will help carry your team farther come March, if you even get there.

Yes I can and I do. :Thumbs:
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Yes I can and I do. :Thumbs:

Then you obviously have on your Blue Shades. :Thumbs:
DeuceUL Wrote:Then you obviously have on your Blue Shades. :Thumbs:

Give me a break.:yawn:
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Give me a break.:yawn:

:igiveup: :thatsfunn
DeuceUL Wrote:First of all, theVille is obviously misinformed... Please don't lump all UL fans into the same category as him...

Ok, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and everyone will want to choose their own player. But I challenge you on this, who does the National Media consider as the better player. I have yet to see Williams on any All-American lists, no player of the year consideration and absolutely zero media exposure on a daily basis from all of the major networks. So, we Kentuckian's can debate all we want on who is better, but I will take notice that the Nation considers Meeks, not Williams :eyeroll:
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Give me a break.:yawn:

:notworthy :Thumbs:
outdoorsman43 Wrote::BigLaugh:

Im still laughing from January 4th I agree meeks is a shooter but now a player I would rather have twill:lmao: