•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hold backs
YOURTIGERBAIT Wrote:Why is it that the mountian people can say what ever they want
and it's ok . Somebody from the outside says something they get into trouble?
I never said their child was not capable in any way shape or form I said it is sweeter when a kid that is younger out performs a child that is held back.

What you said was "you may not be crying here on the board but I bet its different in private"..... That was directed at her and her feelings over her child. I just stated that she told the truth. Her child performs WITH the children who have been held back at the ages of 5 or 6 and are older than him. "Mountain" people as you said it get the same treatment on here as YOU or anyone else.... PLEASE refrain from making slurs to that effect in the future.... AND... Just for your info..... Your NOT in trouble..... YET!!! LOL.... Big Grin

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
phs1986 Wrote:What you said was "you may not be crying here on the board but I bet its different in private"..... That was directed at her and her feelings over her child. I just stated that she told the truth. Her child performs WITH the children who have been held back at the ages of 5 or 6 and are older than him. "Mountain" people as you said it get the same treatment on here as YOU or anyone else.... PLEASE refrain from making slurs to that effect in the future.... AND... Just for your info..... Your NOT in trouble..... YET!!! LOL.... Big Grin

I meant nothing towards her child in anyway if it came off that way I apologize. Also no slur meant about people who live in the mountians I meant that as a term like a nickname hillbilly,buckeye or mountianeer.If that is offensive I again apologize.
YOURTIGERBAIT Wrote:Why is it that the mountian people can say what ever they want
and it's ok . Somebody from the outside says something they get into trouble?
I never said their child was not capable in any way shape or form I said it is sweeter when a kid that is younger out performs a child that is held back.

well siad ytb "it is sweeter when a kid that is younger out performs a child that is held back."I have seen this happen.
Like I said before, what you see now is what you'll see through graduation.Those who can outperform, great. Those who can't???? It not only is a competition within your program, but you also have to be able to outperform those you have on your schedule. Those on your schedule will have holdbacks. Your conference officials, SHOULD, have a rule that a child is ineligible to play in middle school if he or she will not be eligible to play their senior year. Most conferences do have and do enforce this rule. If a child will be eligible to play during their senior year, they SHOULD be eligible to play in middle school.
BB CLAW Wrote:Like I said before, what you see now is what you'll see through graduation.Those who can outperform, great. Those who can't???? It not only is a competition within your program, but you also have to be able to outperform those you have on your schedule. Those on your schedule will have holdbacks. Your conference officials, SHOULD, have a rule that a child is ineligible to play in middle school if he or she will not be eligible to play their senior year. Most conferences do have and do enforce this rule. If a child will be eligible to play during their senior year, they SHOULD be eligible to play in middle school.

I don't think there is any child on my sons team that can't play their senior year. My guess is you would have to be held back more than once...
Enough already, who really cares one way or the other. The BGR staff needs to close this thread, it is benefitting no one.
ukfanatic_37 Wrote:Enough already, who really cares one way or the other. The BGR staff needs to close this thread, it is benefitting no one.

The staff will be the judge if this thread needs to be closed.Big Grin
ukfanatic_37 Wrote:Enough already, who really cares one way or the other. The BGR staff needs to close this thread, it is benefitting no one.

"Enough already"It just got started.Smile Smile Smile Smile
This is to considered a "final" warning. There is to be NO more bashing of us "mountain folk" and it is to stay on topic. This one is on a short leash....

It has gotten out of control and offensive to the people of Eastern Kentucky. I for one am ready for this thread to end.
Closed!

•  Previous
  • 7(current)