Poll: Belfry at Johnson Central
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
41.94%
Johnson Central
58.06%
* You voted for this item.

• 1(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry @ Johnson Central
We can finally start the thread on this one.

Belfry 35
JC 21
The Belfry Pirates will travel to Paintsville on November 7th. I am taking Belfry all the way in this one.

I want to know what everyone else thinks about this one???:confused: :Thumbs:
Allow me to be the first to welcome the Pirates to the Nest.

This year, you will get a healthy Central team, unlike last year, and a team without distractions, unlike last year's controversy.

This year, you will get to experience OUR home field advantage.

This year, Dustin May is not around to make every single play on both sides of the ball like last year.

This is NOT the same Central team as last year. This team's mental toughness is off the charts. They don't fold under pressure. They rise up to it.

This year, Central beats Belfry for the first time ever on the football field.

Johnson Central 27, Belfry 14.

GO EAGLES!
Could this be the mountain game of the year?
Diogenes Wrote:Allow me to be the first to welcome the Pirates to the Nest.

This year, you will get a healthy Central team, unlike last year, and a team without distractions, unlike last year's controversy.

This year, Dustin May is not around to make every single play on both sides of the ball like last year.

This is NOT the same Central team as last year. This team's mental toughness is off the charts. They don't fold under pressure. They rise up to it.

GO EAGLES!

true that...belfry is good this year, hopefully JC can pull this one out
jc is hot right now this should be the game of the week i kinda like jc in this one bit a clost one
JC-21
Belfry-17
allseasonfan Wrote:Could this be the mountain game of the year?

This will most likely be the mountain game of the year.

And people said the same thing last year about the JC game. Yet when it came game time, Belfry jumped out to a 28-0 lead. I will admit we don't have Maydo this year, but he only counted for 1 of our scores last year. Charlie got 1 and Ivan got 2 TD's if I remember correctly. (Including one where he got through 5 or 6 JC defenders going at his legs to get one of the TD's.)

But that was last year. Our offense is better this year than last year. Our defense is still very strong, and trust me, we'll be ready for what JC throws at us. This is our statement game of the year to prove that we are just as good if not better than last year's state Runner's-Up.

GO EAGLES!

Last years JC team got spanked! Quit worrying abot last year and making excuses. GO PIRATES!

GO EAGLES!

But Belfry possesses something that Johnson Central has never had........................THE LEGEND, THE ONE AND ONLY.....................PHILIP HAYWOOD!!!!!!

Nobody can compete with that, but best of luck I can't wait to see this game next week. GO BELFRY PIRATES!!!!!!:rockon: :devilflam

GO EAGLES!

Man, could you possibly blame anyone else for last year's loss???:confused: Say what you wish, but JC just plain got beat last year by a very good Belfry team.

However, I do agree with you on this year's match-up. There is only a handful of teams in the state that should enjoy playing JC this year and I don't think that Belfry is one of them. JC is just too powerful and fast and should have this one locked up. Anything can happen and the Eagles MUST keep their focus one game at a time. However, I don't think that the game will be as close as you. I say JC by 21 and I mean no disrespect to Belfry in making this prediction. JC is just that good. Barring TO's JC should win this one by halftime. Belfry is not any better than some of the other teams beaten by JC this year and JC is actually getting better with each game. They won some hard ones early, and it would be nice to see what they could do against those same teams now. Good luck and lets hope there are no injuries to either team because they both should be representing the Mountains deep into the playoffs!!

GO EAGLES!

oh boy.. i will just say come next friday before the game i'll be glad this thread is over.. and i also say we will be beating a dead horse..

as for your comments..

no doubt.. its a challenge for belfry.. and yeah, I would have to give JC the edge.. But the comment about Dustin May really puzzles me.. Belfry never was, and never will be a one man team.. theres one thing that this Belfry team has that JC doesn't.. alot of expierience in big games.. these boys know what its like to play in louisville on the biggest stage in kentucky football, something that JC still lack.. This game will not be won by more than one touchdown.. i'll save my official prediction until later this week.. but this game will be a challenge, and belfry will show up..
ill take JC in this thread 42-28...Go Eagles!!
Sounds like WYMT should show the game on TV!! I would watch!!
Memorial Gym #5 Wrote:Sounds like WYMT should show the game on TV!! I would watch!!

It would be a good one!!:thumpsup:
Question for the Golden Eagle Fans.....how long have the Johnson Central starters played in their 9 games up to this point....the whole game...end of the 3rd quarter or by halftime....

Thanks.
Big_Wiggle33 Wrote:ill take JC in this thread 42-28...Go Eagles!!

well what do pick for the game?? LOL Smile i think JC may win this thread too, but i havent decided on the game haha
lol mrfootball03.......i was half asleep sorry....i mean central in the game!!
Johnson Central destroyed a good Ashland team tonight. All I can say is if Belfry beats them, then Russell could be in for a long cold night in Belfry on Nov 21.
ryanparker Wrote:Johnson Central destroyed a good Ashland team tonight. All I can say is if Belfry beats them, then Russell could be in for a long cold night in Belfry on Nov 21.

JC will beat Belfry IMO, but Russell will still be in for a long cold night in Belfry on Nov. 21. JC is a runaway locomotive this season. I have seen them play and they seem to keep getting better and better with each game. If they don't de-rail somewhere, a Highlands match-up would be quiet a treat for any football fan!
This thread will be five pages long. By the end of this weekend.

I predict by Friday, it will cover thirty-five pages and probably will have been closed at LEAST twice by moderators.

Just goes to show you how fiercely loyal these two fan bases are.
Diogenes Wrote:This thread will be five pages long. By the end of this weekend.

I predict by Friday, it will cover thirty-five pages and probably will have been closed at LEAST twice by moderators.

Just goes to show you how fiercely loyal these two fan bases are.

i have to agree with ya on that one, you made a good call. it will most definately be the "game of the year" in the mountains. i can't wait to see the game in person, i am anxiously counting down the days until we travel down to paintsville.........nothing better than a great game of football:rockon:
I cant even vote on this one its too hard to choose

GOTW without a doubt
Johnson Central by a couple td's. 35-21
Twitter: @tc_analytics

JC 28
Belfry 21

Ryne your right if Belfry wins this game the Red Devils are in a world of hurt.
Are both teams still undefeated?
mjballer23 Wrote:Are both teams still undefeated?

Yes, JC has played a lot tougher schedule though.Big Grin
Belfry by a TD
belfry
Johnson Central 35

Belfry 14
  • 1(current)
  • Next