Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Select Team
Soccer is one of the largest growing sports in the United States, and as a leader of this movement in Eastern Kentucky I want to take it a step furthur by starting a "select team".

Perks: Exposure to college level of play and traning. Kids will get to play against college teams like Union, Pikeville and University of the Cumberland (UC who is one of the top teams in the nation). Along with this is will be ran just like a college team, practice will run at least 3 times a week. Games to be played on weekends. Only exceptions for missing either will be sickness, death in family, and/or religous worships.

Downfall: It is going to take alot of money to do this. However, if we as an area wont soccer to grow me must begin taking steps in this direction to furthur the growth.

So here is what I am looking for.

1. Kids who have a passion to learn the game of soccer and would like to play it at the next level. If so contact me on here.

2. Sponsors for jerseys, balls and training gear. Who ever sponsors the team will have there logo on the team jerseys just like the pros.

3. Any coach who is willing to take on my training schedules and would like to get involved with this growth.

The team will be a selection based on the coaching staff and I. If this team comes about I plan to have a U 19 and U 16 team there WILL be try outs if we have enough kids to have a try out. I AM HERE TO START A SOCCER REVOLUTION SO PLEASE JUMP ON BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!
Where would be home base?
either Pikeville or P-Burg
P-burg sounds good...........
Lisa Douglas Wrote:P-burg sounds good...........

i just need to talk to Tom and a few people over the P-Burg rec league to see if I can get it approved
aye man if u can get it approved i would join and i know some other kids that would play...
i would join too, id love to play some college teams
Sorry guys just noticed where you all had responded lol...It is still in the works Neto from Cumberlands has agreed to a game if we can get all the financial spects worked out.
im up for it man.
Caleb Petry Wrote:im up for it man.

i knew you would be lol
15th would it be to much to ask who you are cause you seem to kno alot about me.
check your PMs
hows it coming along
How is this coming along?
Is Peggy going to let it happen?

Also---- How will they choose these players? and Is there just one Coed team?
I have a select team from Louisa, we will move up to U12 this fall. From our experience select soccer is the only way to go. We play in a league out of Lexington/Louisville. You can visit their website at http://www.KSSL.org. I would love to see some more teams from this area get started. Contact us if you get a team together, and want to play some games.
Hello i am a collegiate soccer athlete and I have 2 youger brothers who would be completly interested in this both play highschool soccer. how far are you along with this idea? i know a person who would be in interested in helping coach
I would be interested im kinda new to this so would u send me some more information on it so i will know whats up. thankyou
Who are the better young coaches in Eastern Kentucky