Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell 5/6th vs Lawrence Co
Russell Maroon Machine holds off Lawrence Co 28-20. Russell's first score was a 20 yard pass from Brawny Korzep to Connor Messer. Extra point ran by Bobby May,,8-0.
Lawrence Co then runs the "Keep the kid on the side line play after a time out and then throw him the ball play". Extra point no good. 8-6.
Russell's Spencer Cole intercepts a pass and returns it 70 yards for a TD, extra point good. 14-6. Russells defense holds and takes over on downs. Bronson Korzep breaks a 60 yard run for a score. Russell up-20-6, extra point good, 22-6.Lawrence Co scores off of an interception thrown by Connor Messer, extra point good. 20-12. Russell's Connor Messer then breaks a 70 yard score to put the Devils up 26-12. Extra point good, Maroon Machine up 28-12. Late score from Lawrence Co with 6 seconds to go and extra point finished the scoring for the evening 28-20. Great game, good hustling and great hits in the game. One injury from Lawrence Co, and I hope the young man is doing okay today. I did see his parents on the side line after the game was over.
Over all the Devils said that the Lawrence Co kids were very polite and nice, good clean game. Great Opponent!!!!!
We will see ya in a week at your field.
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Russell has a really nice team, very smart and execute very well. I am one of the coaches for the Lawrence County 6th grade. I loved yesterdays game, the young man that got hurt is doing fine from when I last talked to him. He was our starting QB and we had to play the rest of the game without him. Other than that, a few turnovers and missed blocks cost us the game but give all the credit in the world to Russell. Good looking team and cant wait to play them again in Louisa. Take care guys Big Grin
Did you miss our tackles not being there yesterday.??? Adam Luxon number 76, 250#, Sammy Smith number 68, 220#... Sammy is our nose guard and can really scoot. He was unable to be there yesterday and Adam was sick.... Oh Yea I agree with ya, couple of missed blocks and getting our pass intercepted by our back up QB gave you guys a TD. I agree the outcome should be diffent next time when we come down. Contrary to what the head coach was yelling out to his players.. THESE BOYS LOVE TO HIT AND WILL NEVER PASS A CHANCE AT A DE-CLEATER..... I still do not like trick plays but the one last night worked on us. I think the rule is this year, is that all players have to be inside the numbers on the field and within 15 yards of the huddle after the play clock starts... I dont think that was the case last night, but it worked for you guys.......Just not a trick play fan,,, I used to be but not now.. I think after last night,,, I am DEFINITELY NOT !!! LOLOL HAHAHA.
Anyway... My son came off the field last night and told my wife that Lawrence Co was one of the cleanest games they played and that the kids were nice and not disrespectful.. hard to find a good group of boys but you guys seem to have found them... Great game last night again I give you guys the up most repect for a great competition.. We will see you guys on the 16th....
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "