• 1(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best middle school running backs playing in 2008?
Here is a new thread as I closed the 2006 one. It gets confusing as to what people are talking about as there are 2 kids listed on the last page of the old one who are now sophomores!!! Keep it nice, keep it clean and lets hear some opinions!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Straight Up, Caleb Bentley - Louisa Middle 8th Grade
Tucker Lewis #19 New Harlan Patriots, Big enough to make his own holes and fast enough to make it to the end zone.
Patriot Wrote:Tucker Lewis #19 New Harlan Patriots, Big enough to make his own holes and fast enough to make it to the end zone.

I bet he could beat any 8th grader in the state..... in a rib eating contest too! Smile Seriously the lil guy is good for 4 yards a trip and that's all you really need.
Wink
Russell 6th grade backs. I can only say.......WOW..
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Patriot Wrote:Tucker Lewis #19 New Harlan Patriots, Big enough to make his own holes and fast enough to make it to the end zone.

Patriot,
Tucker is #35 and Hunter is #19 this year.....in the blue uniforms anyhow.
Mama Bear Wrote:Patriot,

I had the same number in high school as Tucker.Wink
DaBears Wrote:I had the same number in high school as Tucker.Wink

I don't remember that. I was still in grade school then.Wink
Blake Bray #3 -Leslie Co. Same number as Ryan Howard, same moves too.
Mama Bear Wrote:I don't remember that. I was still in grade school then.Wink

:lmao: :thumpsup:
Blake Newsome.
Matt Hall for JCMS.
Mama Bear Wrote:Patriot,

Will they wear something different at away games?
Tucker Lewis #35 rushed for two TD's and an a two point conversions and as always played great defense tonight against Cumberland.

He knocked people around just like you did in High School Da Bears! I guess?

By the way the new all navy blue uniforms the patriots wore looked pretty intimidating, kind of like the Bears will look in all Black!
Johnson Central usually has a very good backfield.
Patriot Wrote:Tucker Lewis #35 rushed for two TD's and an a two point conversions and as always played great defense tonight against Cumberland.

He knocked people around just like you did in High School Da Bears! I guess?

By the way the new all navy blue uniforms the patriots wore looked pretty intimidating, kind of like the Bears will look in all Black!

I played QB.:p
Mckee & Burns Could Be The Two BEST Back Combo in a long time,they are in the 7th grade @ Fleming County middle school. BTW, they have a fine basketball team too.
Russell 5/6th grade team
2 games- 320 yards rushing, 150 yards passing. 10 backs have carried the ball, so can not concentrate on just one. Four different kids have completed passes. Tough game with today with Coal Grove Ohio.
Russell pulls one out 20-6 today to 2-0 so far in the season.
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
I think the Letcher County Cougars have a very good backfield consisting of Sam Sergent and Dalton Taylor. Lots of power and speed from those two.
We hear about the best backs.. lets see some stats. REAL stats not parent made up ones. no exagerations just the facts Ma'am. Just the facts.
Cody Estep-Phelps
Tucker Lewis ( New Harlan (County) Patriots)-116 yards 2 TD's on 6 carries, last Thursday.
How many other kids carried the ball in that game and what was the total yardage?
Russell 6th grade has produced 585 rushing yards, 160 passing yards, 120 interception return yards in 3 games. The last 2 games were against two of the toughest Ohio League team in the tri-state area. The first game against Boyd Co, the starters only played the first and 3rd quarter........
I can forsee a great match up at the OUB..!!!!!!!

Did I mention that the starting 5 linemen average 183 pounds???? No wonder the backs can hit a hole..............Yes 5/6th grade!!!!!!!! and no hold backs and not a player onthis team was in the 6th grade last year..
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:How many other kids carried the ball in that game and what was the total yardage?

341 yards of total offense/ 278 Rushing

Tyler Boggs 48 yards on two carries

Anthony Jenkins 44 yards on two carries
Patriot is referring to a 7th and 8th grade player. He doesn't have a child in school much less on the team. We allow holdbacks to participate in athletics in our county school system. I think there are 3 on the 5th and 6th and more than that on the 7th and 8th grade.

The fans aren't privy to all the stats the way a coach is. We just go to the games and cheer for our team. I don't think anybody was keeping stats for our 6th and 6th grade team so far. The Harlan Daily Enterprise is our local newspaper. Here's a link if you'd like real stats, not stats a parent would make up.

http://harlandaily.com/articles/2008/08/...669476.txt

Sounds like you have a fantastic team! We've just played one game thus far and participated in the gridorama. We're just taking one game at a time. Our 5th and 6th grade team has come a long way since the first day of practice. They are not up to the same level that last year's team was by any means, but they are working hard and improving. I guess that's all anybody can ask of them. Plus they have lots of enthusiasm!:rockon:
Like i said,, it is great to hear about other teams on here. I understand about not having perfect game stats, but you always hear that this team is the best or that team is the best. Just wanted to see some black and white.. I know you can not judge a team by stats, I KNOW..... But that does give you some idea of how well a team plays together. Of course I know that it comes down to playing the game.. Our last game the stats said we killed them but the score board just said we won by 6.. Believe me.... It comes down to playing the game!!!

BUT,, It is great to hear about other kids who work hard and the teams that they are on...

Keep up the posts and support your teams..
sam sergent and doton taylor are the best
Russell Red Devils 6th Grade as of today:
Zip Messer-5'5" 105# - 30 carries for 390 yards, 3 receptions for 97 yards. 2 for 2 in passing for 45 yards. 5 TD's 2 EXP.

Brawny Korzep- 5'3" 120# - 29 carries for 247 yards, 4 TD's

Bobby May- 5' 120# -8 carries for 21 yards.

Logan Suman- 5'3", 130# -17 carries for 67 yards. 2 TD's and 1 EXP

Garion Robinson- 5'3", 102#, -2 receptions for 45 yards. 1 EXP

Maverick Dixon- 5"3', 105# -2 receptions for 35 yards. 1 EXP

Will Peterman- 5'2", 108#, - 6 carries for 47 yards, 1 TD
I can definitely see Zip Messer as one of the best RB's in the area. He has a smart head on his shoulders.
  • 1(current)
  • Next