Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mountain title game?
I would like to see some type of mountain title game. I think this would be hard to do, but if several schools would get together and form three or four solid leagues and then take the winner of those and play for the overall title.
That sounds like a winner to me. A friend and I were just talking about how many conferences there are. Not sure where I read it, but it was on one of these football forums about the KHSAA getting involved in middle schools and and classifying them like the High Schools. I would love for something to work out. Seems like the middle schools play the same teams every year and they get tired of it and things go sour and it causes trouble. I can't really speak for the coachs but know them the New Harlan Patriots would be up for any thing that includes playing football.
I would like to see them have playoffs .Just like in high school.They could have the championship game at EKU.
There is a new play-off system in Kentucky for Middle Schools. It was started this year and will take the top school out of each Middle Schhol district I think there are 16 districts in the state. The top team from each district will play the district next to them and so on. The championship game will be played at LCHS in Lexington.
Anyway I knwo that this exists and it only costs 45 dollars to join this new league. The money from each team is used to secure neuatral playing sites in the playoffs and the championship game.
I know that this exist becasue I belong to this group that helped start the league.

KENTUCKY
CONFERENCE ON CONFERENCE
MIDDLE SCHOOL FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP
INVITATION
The newly formed Kentucky Middle School Football Association, in collaboration with the Lexington Catholic Middle School Football Program, would like to extend an invitation to other middle school football conferences to participate in a regional conference on conference championship for 7th and 8th grade conference championship teams. Semi-final games would be held at fields to be selected during the week of October 20th with final games to be held in Lexington at LCHS on Saturday, October 25, 2008.

The 7th/8th and middle school champion of each middle school football conference/league, or their respective runner-up, if the champion team chooses not to play, is eligible for the championship tournament. Teams will be matched as appropriate. KHSAA rules will apply as modified for middle school football. Team trophies and individual player awards will be provided.

If your middle school football program would like the opportunity to participate in the Kentucky Middle School Football Championship Tournament, please return the attached form, including contact and conference information, by August 1, 2008 to Coach Greg Mitchell at [email=gmitchell@fbtlaw.com]gmitchell@fbtlaw.com[/email] or via mail at 250 West Main Street, 2800 Lexington Financial Center, Lexington, KY 40507 (859) 229-7851 (cell). Additional information will be provided throughout the season through the Championship website powered by DigitalSports.

Should you have any questions or would like to offer assistance or support, please contact Greg Mitchell at the above or Spencer County MS Coach J.T. Bass (502) 643-5142 or Gallatin County MS Coach Tommy Bishop (859) 496-2969.

REQUEST TO PARTICIPATE IN THE
KENTUCKY
2008 CONFERENCE ON CONFERENCE
MIDDLE SCHOOL FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP[B][1][/B]

Middle School Football Program:
Coach Name (Please Print):________________________________________________
Ph. #: E-Mail:
Coach Name (Please Print):________________________________________________
MS Team Information: 7th/8th; 7th; and 8th
School Address
School Website

Conference/League Name:
2008 Conference Coordinator:

Note: If you are not interested at this time, we would still appreciate receiving information on your conference, including conference name, participating school information (including names of ADs and/or head coaches, website addresses), conference rules, schedules and other information in order to share and collaborate on ways to improve middle school football in Kentucky. All information will be shared.

[1] To participate, the football program must belong to the KYMSFA.
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Someone get a hold of Terry Howard getting this done for our school.
did anyone call coach howard? Don't know his number.
I think it would be a great idea.