Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Operation Unite Bowl Update
Belfry has dropped out once again. BOE won't approve travel plans. Need a team to play New Harlan in the 4 o'clock game.
Sad Was looking forward to that one!!!! How will you ever be able to find a team this late? I am so disappointed.
Bell County would be a good opponent for New Harlan--it would be nice to see that game somewhere this year....
Excellent idea!!! Call Bell County and invite them! Perhaps we will get to see these two teams play afterall!! Great idea watchingall!!!Big Grin
If they can't get a game scheduled in Harlan--it might as well be somewhere...:redboxer: :redboxer:
Just learned that Martin County has also dropped out of the Unite Bowl at Leslie County due to the long travel.:lmao:
I Rule The World Wrote:Belfry has dropped out once again. BOE won't approve travel plans. Need a team to play New Harlan in the 4 o'clock game.

Heck...do a fundraiser...what is the BOE thinking?
Chuck Taylor Wrote:Heck...do a fundraiser...what is the BOE thinking?
The BOEs accross the state are dealing with MAJOR budget issues because of the cost of diesel.
It's not up to the BOE to find a solution...it would be up to a booster club.

There will be alot of travel restrictions for middle school, cheerleaders, and sub-varsity travel as the year goes on.
A replacement team will be named Tuesday for the 4:00 game w/ New Harlan.
I Rule The World Wrote:A replacement team will be named Tuesday for the 4:00 game w/ New Harlan.

Why dont Leslie Co. play New Harlan?:confused:
DaBears Wrote:Why dont Leslie Co. play New Harlan?:confused:

New Harlan already plays Leslie Co. twice, I would love to see New Harlan/Bell.
Especially on a neutral field. Man I hope this works out!!
Patriot Wrote:New Harlan already plays Leslie Co. twice, I would love to see New Harlan/Bell.
Especially on a neutral field. Man I hope this works out!!

I didnt know they played Leslie Co. twice.that would be nice see New Harlan play Bell Co.
Leslie County has such nice facilities and Operation Unite is a worthy cause. Hopefully they will find us an opponent. I wish we could play a team that is a feeder school to one of the high schools that will be in the Black Bear's district next year. Whitley, Clay, Perry County Central, Letcher County Central, ect...We already have a game scheduled with Whitesburg which should be a good game. Sure wish we could play Bell County.....
I think Johnson Central may be a replacement to play New Harlan.
YAY! What was Johnson Central's record last year? I hope you are right. It would be hard to find a team this late.
Chuck Taylor Wrote:Heck...do a fundraiser...what is the BOE thinking?

They are thinking that they need to save money for other things.... Football teams pay about 50 cents per mile to travel to games.... maybe a little more, there is no way that the board can absorb all of these costs.... A fundraiser would do no good....
Hey I am still awaiting confirmation to play a 5th/6th grade team. I would like to know if this is a done deal. We are traveling 3 hours to play and I need to know if there is an opponent. If I do not receive confirmation of a game and opponent I will have to cancel also. I am awaiting a 5/6th grade opponent for the Bowl. Please let me know if this has been set.
I hate to make such a statement but I have to confirm dates also. So please do not think I want to miss this as I do not. I just need to kow for sure that i have an opponent to play.

Thank you.
D.:devilflam
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Johnson Central vs. New Harlan is a go. All that has to happen is Coach Wood has to agree on the new start time. 6:00. This will be a fantastic game!!! Maybe better than the one we had scheduled for them.
Coach just called and ask me to say as far as he was concerned it was a go in reference to New Harlan's 5th and 6th and 7th and 8th grade teams. We look forward to these games. He just asked that we play back to back because of the bus/travel issue. I'll PM the both of you his contact info if you need any further information.

:Clap:
I would rather play earlier my self too. I am driving 3 hours to play at 8pm and then drive back at 10 pm i will get home around 1am
I wish to play earlier too....
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Johnson Central vs. New Harlan 6:00.

Devilologist, you have a PM.
Alright. Here we go.

10:00 Leslie County vs. Clay County

12:00 Herald Whitaker (Magoffin Co.) vs. Hazard

2:00 Knox Middle (Knox Co.) vs. Meece Middle (Somerset)

4:00 New Harlan (Harlan Co.) 5/6th vs. Russell 5/6th

6:00 New Harlan (Harlan Co.) 7/8th vs. Johnson Central 8th
GREAT !!!!!!!!!!!!
This is wonderful to hear. I hope that this trip is a great experience for my kids.
I Rule The World Wrote:Alright. Here we go.

10:00 Leslie County vs. Clay County

12:00 Herald Whitaker (Magoffin Co.) vs. Hazard

2:00 Knox Middle (Knox Co.) vs. Meece Middle (Somerset)

4:00 New Harlan (Harlan Co.) 5/6th vs. Russell 5/6th

6:00 New Harlan (Harlan Co.) 7/8th vs. Johnson Central 8th

This looks great!
FOX SPORTS Wrote:The BOEs accross the state are dealing with MAJOR budget issues because of the cost of diesel.
It's not up to the BOE to find a solution...it would be up to a booster club.

There will be alot of travel restrictions for middle school, cheerleaders, and sub-varsity travel as the year goes on.

Belfry Middle doesn't have a Booster Club this year.
Closer it gets the harder it is to breathe !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are the kids getting T-shirts or something with this Bowl??/ I thought I saw that somewhere???? Anyone know ?????
T-shirts and pizza. Team trophies and MVP trophies for each game.
Okay thanks much and great job in doing this... Cant wait....