Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VISTA internet explorer problems
ok, so my internet keeps bringing up like 100 pages of w/e i am on for no apparent reason. i can be closing out explorer, and it happens. i can be closing an opened tab, and it happens. the only way to fix it that i know of is by logging out, but does anybody know of how to fix the bug? and, is it happening to anyone else?
Try downloading a newer version of Internet Explorer.
Get rid of Vista....sheesh.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I gotten used to Vista. I think if your not really picky about small things Vista is perfect. I havent had a problem yet
Real Badman Wrote:I gotten used to Vista. I think if your not really picky about small things Vista is perfect. I havent had a problem yet.

Keyword is yet.
Jshort5 Wrote:Keyword is yet.

Smile
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Iv had it for about two years now so hopefully I will get a new one before this one messes up.
Just downgrade to XP. Why would anyone use Vista? It's absolutely horrible, except for the pretty skins and window colors. :/
VIsta is fine as long as you know what you are doing. Also stay of the pr0n sites.
http://www.getfirefox.com/
Yes this has happened to me on my brand new Sony Vaio laptop.. At first I was blaming my laptop for all the errors i was having but now I think otherwise... My explorer is constantly freezing also. I have wireless at home but it dose not do this on my desktop that run on the same wireless and its XP, so I am guessing it's the Vista...
Mr.Mister Wrote:Yes this has happened to me on my brand new Sony Vaio laptop.. At first I was blaming my laptop for all the errors i was having but now I think otherwise... My explorer is constantly freezing also. I have wireless at home but it dose not do this on my desktop that run on the same wireless and its XP, so I am guessing it's the Vista...

What's the hardware profile of your laptop (processor, memory, hard disk size)? A lot of computers that were supposed to be Vista-ready in terms of hardware weren't.

If you're not sure, download-install-run BelArc Advisor to find out.

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html
i've liked my vista, but i've never had a problem until i've had this system. i've had to send my computer back twice with problems. i've downgraded and now i've never had the problem again!
Big Grin
Upgrade to Windows 7 as soon as it is available and start using Firefox, Google Chrome, or Opera instead of Internet Explorer.

Also, download and run Lavasoft AdAware and Spybot Search and Destroy. It sounds like you may have a ton of adware and spyware installed that needs to be removed.