Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike County 2008
Yes Hazard will play anybody anywhere anytime. Pikeville needs the county more than the county needs Pikeville! You act as if every schools sports bugdet needs Pikeville to function. Pikeville got what they wanted so you should be happy. They can play whomever they choose outside of Pike County. Good luck this season!
bball fan Wrote:Another BONEHEAD move from the Pike Co. Hierarchy!! They are basically just punishing themselves by not playing Pikeville in middle school sports. There is no doubt that the best gate for any football or basketball game, not to mention volleyball & baseball games, is when the county schools play Pikeville. Pikeville has a bunch of players and a gazillion cheerleaders which means $$$$$$$$$ for the county schools....especially at tournament time. This really takes huge gates away from Johns Creek, Mullins, Virgie, Dorton, Belfry, etc.!! Pikeville will now join another league which will take a lot of interest away from the Pike Co. leagues.

I bet the people running for new Pike Co. board member spots will have a field day with this one. Pike Co. is a joke right now!!!

I can name quite a few games that drew a larger "gate" AND concession than the Pikeville games in football AND basketball. I am talking on the middle school level not the high school. Granted, the county football championship was held at ER this past year and the gate was evidently pretty decent but I honestly have no clue to the exact numbers. There was a good crowd there but IMHO the Belfry crowd outnumbered the Pikeville crowd by quite many.

Here is a suggestion... why doesn't Pikeville try to play some of the other independent schools and see how that works out for them? They will be able to play games outside of the county just like the county schools will be doing. ???????

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Pikeville is a pretty good gate for us, but definitely not the best gate. The Virgie game runs away with that title.
This is not about how much money pikeville will bring to each school, this is about how many kids this is going to hurt , not to mention all the friendship of the students from each school.
ballcrazy Wrote:This is not about how much money pikeville will bring to each school, this is about how many kids this is going to hurt , not to mention all the friendship of the students from each school.

I agree. I don't think it has anything to do with money. I was just responding to someone who suggested it may. As a coach, I think it will be strange if Pikeville isn't in our county in athletics, but I also feel that they should follow the same rules, schedules, etc that we do. I think the adults should look at what is best for the kids, though.
bball fan Wrote:So your saying Hazard would bring more fans to Johns Creek than Pikeville.
:thatsfunnLOL

For one, Hazard won't waste their time coming to play the Pike Co. schools especially in football. The Pike Co. School System is a joke right now. Enough said!

It is a joke. Right now all decisions being made are based on local board member races by a superintendent that is fearful that his contract won't be renewed if those board member races don't go in his favor. It's so obvious and transparent :theman: it is hilarious to watch.:theman:
And once again Pikeville is right for not wanting to abide by the county rules. Makes perfect sense to me. Not even a topic if Pikeville football would go by the schedule they helped make. My last comment on this subject.
This has nothing to do with the county board being a joke as you believe (I don't personally believe that it is) this has to do with Pikeville being used to getting their way. Sometimes it just doesn't happen! They should have played the agreed schedule, then this would not be an issue!
new o Wrote:And once again Pikeville is right for not wanting to abide by the county rules. Makes perfect sense to me. Not even a topic if Pikeville football would go by the schedule they helped make. My last comment on this subject.

Why do you keept saying Pikeville ,when it was just their football coach. N o other sport had anything to do with this , yet the county is trying to stick it to all their middle school sports thats my point.
ballcrazy Wrote:Why do you keept saying Pikeville ,when it was just their football coach. N o other sport had anything to do with this , yet the county is trying to stick it to all their middle school sports thats my point.

Why did Pikeville allow their football coach to make this mess???
Chuck Taylor Wrote:Why did Pikeville allow their football coach to make this mess???

Idon't know you will have to ask someone from Pikeville. The kids is what was on my mind.
ballcrazy Wrote:Idon't know you will have to ask someone from Pikeville. The kids is what was on my mind.

Bottom line... the message has been delivered to Pikeville that you don't dictate what the county does anymore and you either work with us or get it doen down the road! Betcha money that Pikevilee begs back into the county schedules and all schools will be able to play them and they will participate in the football league. I guarantee they got the message and will squirm back very soon....if not already !

Times, they are a changin' and not in the maroon's favor !
hawkhead Wrote:Bottom line... the message has been delivered to Pikeville that you don't dictate what the county does anymore and you either work with us or get it doen down the road! Betcha money that Pikevilee begs back into the county schedules and all schools will be able to play them and they will participate in the football league. I guarantee they got the message and will squirm back very soon....if not already !

Times, they are a changin' and not in the maroon's favor !
SOOOOO!!! What is your point? Pikeville doesn't need anything from Pike Co.....PERIOD!! They are done taking crap from the Pike Co. school system!! This all started because that Pikeville didn't vote for the county's political set-up to push Eugene Lyons into the assigning secretary spot for 15th boys basketball. Pikeville laughed at that one and voted for Hall as did other Pike Co. schools..LOL!!

I also heard a rumor that Pike Co. has already said they reacted too quickly on this football mess and they want Pikeville back....ASAP!
This situation sounds eerily familiar.

In Pike Co. do you have Pikeville Independent and then a couple of Pike Co. grades schools?
Mama Bear Wrote:This situation sounds eerily familiar.

In Pike Co. do you have Pikeville Independent and then a couple of Pike Co. grades schools?

Yes, there is Pikeville Independent and several county schools with elementary and middle feeder schools. The middle and high schools within the county has always had Pikeville on their schedules be it football, basketball, volleyball, baseball, whatever......

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
bball fan Wrote:SOOOOO!!! What is your point? Pikeville doesn't need anything from Pike Co.....PERIOD!! They are done taking crap from the Pike Co. school system!! This all started because that Pikeville didn't vote for the county's political set-up to push Eugene Lyons into the assigning secretary spot for 15th boys basketball. Pikeville laughed at that one and voted for Hall as did other Pike Co. schools..LOL!!

I also heard a rumor that Pike Co. has already said they reacted too quickly on this football mess and they want Pikeville back....ASAP!

I would check the validity of those rumors since the mess didn't start with the county!
phs1986 Wrote:Yes, there is Pikeville Independent and several county schools with elementary and middle feeder schools. The middle and high schools within the county has always had Pikeville on their schedules be it football, basketball, volleyball, baseball, whatever......

So Pikeville Independent decided that they didn't want to play football with the county schools? Is that correct?
Yes, MamaBear, that is correct.... or rather the football coach made that decision....
What is the coaches excuse for not wanting to play the county schools? Does he like to travel?
He didn't like the home and home schedule that had been agreed to, I believe.... They wanted to pick and choose opponents instead of playing all the county schools.... at least that is my understanding!
bball fan Wrote:SOOOOO!!! What is your point? Pikeville doesn't need anything from Pike Co.....PERIOD!! They are done taking crap from the Pike Co. school system!! This all started because that Pikeville didn't vote for the county's political set-up to push Eugene Lyons into the assigning secretary spot for 15th boys basketball. Pikeville laughed at that one and voted for Hall as did other Pike Co. schools..LOL!!

Thinkn you are living in a Pikeville dreamworld :lmao:
Pikeville Ind. went and met with Pike County BOE and have been re-instated to play in the county but have to go by county schedule.
As far as I know, they have to schedule around the county's games because some schools had already filled their dates.
Oh yes! Pikeville and Pike Co. are getting back together again!! I love happy endings!!!
does anyone know p'ville's schedule?
bball fan Wrote:Oh yes! Pikeville and Pike Co. are getting back together again!! I love happy endings!!!

Let's hope that Copley and company have learned their lesson...Confusedhh:
Pikeville is back in. Thats the word as of now.
Chuck Taylor Wrote:I hear that Pikeville High School's head football coach (Copely) is the reason that Pikeville backed out of its committment.

I wonder why the AD (Garrison) did not step in to fix the situation?

Shame on Pikeville.

The AD (Garris) did step in and put them back into the Pike County league behind the Pikeville's head coach (Copley) back.