Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry at Ashland Middle School
Ashland and Belfry middle schools will play each other in 2008. Does anybody know what these two schools will be returning from last year's 7th grade class?
my oldest boy will be on that belfry team,and he said coach knows nothing about this game. they should be fine thought.
Belfry's 8th will also be coming to Leslie Co for the "Operation Unite Bowl" on Oct. 4th and will be playing New Harlan @ 4PM. Heres some more games that day, and there may be 2 more.

10:00 Leslie Co. vs. Clay Co.
12:00 Open ( So Far )
2:00 Knox Middle ( Knox Central) vs. Meece Middle (Somerset)
4:00 Belfry 8th vs. New Harlan (Harlan Co.)
6:00 Martin Co. (Sheldon Clark) vs. Whitley Co.
8:00 Open ( So Far )

This was designed to let teams from different conferences and leagues play the best from other leagues. Big Sandy Champion from last year, PCC, had to decline due to a scheduling conflict. As did Paintsville, Bell Co., Sebastian Middle School, Madison Middle, and Adams Middle( Declined because of Possible Opponents). All others had conference scheduling problems.

The organizers have a confirmation from Hazard. And are waiting on confirmations from Luisa(Lawrence Co.), South Laurel, Rockcastle Co., and Johnson Central.

This should be one of the best Middle School Bowls in the state. Theres free t-shirts and food for the players after the game, team trophies, and MVP trophies for each game. Each game will be filmed and a copy will be given to each coach of their respective team. You wanna watch football, this is the day for sure.
Any room for a 5/6th grade team in there lets say at the 12 noon game??? Just wondering. I have a team from Russell and we have an opening that weekend??
Please let me know if it is possible.
We play Belfry 5/6th team the week before at Shelby Valley and have this weekend open.

I Rule The World Wrote:Belfry's 8th will also be coming to Leslie Co for the "Operation Unite Bowl" on Oct. 4th and will be playing New Harlan @ 4PM. Heres some more games that day, and there may be 2 more.

10:00 Leslie Co. vs. Clay Co.
12:00 Open ( So Far )
2:00 Knox Middle ( Knox Central) vs. Meece Middle (Somerset)
4:00 Belfry 8th vs. New Harlan (Harlan Co.)
6:00 Martin Co. (Sheldon Clark) vs. Whitley Co.
8:00 Open ( So Far )

This was designed to let teams from different conferences and leagues play the best from other leagues. Big Sandy Champion from last year, PCC, had to decline due to a scheduling conflict. As did Paintsville, Bell Co., Sebastian Middle School, Madison Middle, and Adams Middle( Declined because of Possible Opponents). All others had conference scheduling problems.

The organizers have a confirmation from Hazard. And are waiting on confirmations from Luisa(Lawrence Co.), South Laurel, Rockcastle Co., and Johnson Central.

This should be one of the best Middle School Bowls in the state. Theres free t-shirts and food for the players after the game, team trophies, and MVP trophies for each game. Each game will be filmed and a copy will be given to each coach of their respective team. You wanna watch football, this is the day for sure.
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
So does anyone have any info on these two teams?
cuppett777 Wrote:my oldest boy will be on that belfry team,and he said coach knows nothing about this game. they should be fine thought.

Maybe your 13 year old can share some of his knowledge with the coach.Rolleyes

Are you referring to all of the coaches, or one in particular?
Here is an article with the teams and times that will be playing at Putnam Stadium that day.

http://www.dailyindependent.com/localspo...22007.html
west letcher cougars will be at the operation unite bowl. The coach told me he doesn't know who his opponent will be, but he thinks it is shelby valley's middle school.
The BMS squad that will be the 8th grade team is probably one of the more talented to come out of Pond Creek. Keith May has done a terrific job of continuing what Kevin Deskins started, and I would go so far as to say he's improved the discipline of the team as a whole. They are a tough bunch: physically and mentally.
West Letcher will NOT be at the Operation Unite Bowl. They were extended an invitation and declined due to a scheduling conflict with the league they were in. Maybe next year.
Belfry had to cancel. This would have been a great matchup IMO.
Belfry had to decline at first, but Coach May e-mailed me Friday and told me they were 100% in. Travelling conflict with the BOE. Must have got it worked out. So the Belfry/New Harlan game is on. 4:00 Leslie Co. High school.
Belfry's out again. What a roller coaster.
I was referring to the Belfry at Ashland middle school game. Sorry about the confusion.
Are the Pirates going to Leslie Co. or Ashland?
Not to Leslie.
Belfry cancelled their appearance at the inaugural Kickoff Classic at Ashland. They will not be playing Ashland this season.