Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internet/DSL/ XBOX problems
I am not sure as to where to post this at but I just recently bought an XBOX 360 and was trying to connect it to the internet so that I would have XBOX Live. For some reason I can not get the XBOX to detect the internet. I have wireless DSL. I know you can buy a wireless antenna for the XBOX 360 but I was hoping I would be able to connect by simply connecting it to my wireless router. Can someone help?
I don't know, but with my Wii, it detects the internet automatically.

I don't know if it's supposed to do that for XBOX or not.

It might be that your wireless router has some security measures set up on it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
You have your ethernet cable connected from the router too the xbox right? If so, on the xbox dashboard, troubleshoot the internet connection. If it doesn't detect it then it must be something wrong with your router.
Yeah, you need to call 1-800-4my-xbox.

Make sure everything is plugged in. your router may be firewalling your xbox. also, you will need to make sure your NAT is open on your router. Very simple just google "open NAT (your router brand linksys, belkin, wifi, w/e u use)" lots of good step by step sites out there to help you.
one thing be sure your ethernet cable is good if its not the router cant detect it.
make sure your dont have any cat5 connecters joining 2 cables together that wont work tried it myself. If your cable is good you should see the lights for that port on the router light up .
You have to go to Network settings on your xbox and find the Network and it will connect automatically.
Anyone else got this promblem when your playing online, when the phone rings or someone uses it, It will disconect you from online play? Does anyone know why this happens to me?
MVP2 Wrote:Anyone else got this promblem when your playing online, when the phone rings or someone uses it, It will disconect you from online play? Does anyone know why this happens to me?

You are getting phone disruption in you data. You can get special adapters for this, its just an extra extension from the phone jack and shouldn't cost very much.