Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Counter-Strike
Does anyone still play CS?? I havent played it since I moved up here to LVille but I love that game. Does anyone know what Im saying??:1:
1.6 or source?
BCFan Wrote:1.6 or source?
Source :thumpsup:
My friend plays it and it seems lots of fun. Does it take up a lot of space on your PC?
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:My friend plays it and it seems lots of fun. Does it take up a lot of space on your PC?
I would have to say yes on that one. I love it, as soon as I get my PC up here im gonna go crazy on it. I just hope theres not that many cheats on source like the 1st CS.
You can buy it at Wal*Mart right?
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:You can buy it at Wal*Mart right?
Correct or off the website that runs the program called Steam.
Anyone been playing lately?
My class doesn't take skill. I played a mage first for three years, and having goofed around with this warlock I realized just how many terrible players there were out there, hiding behind the super class that I'm posting on now. Hunters are almost as bad. And other classes are so borked that their skill doesn't really factor in anyway. The idea that you're asking for an explanation for all the hate and discontent on this forum, while insisting that said hate and discontent does not bleed into this thread, strikes me as rather silly, but I'll briefly humor you on this one. Bear in mind, I'm going to use opinion words here, but until there is hard fact explaining why people complain, all we can provide is reasonable speculation.-Lhivera, Muphrid, and Arazan pushed and fought against the coefficient nerf for quite a while, displaying tables of numbers displaying where casting classes stood in various respects, if they were permitted to cast in their most favorable conditions. Chain-casting, assuming the same damage, hit, and crit, mages fell behind warlocks, even if both were specced to the hilt for optimal nuking.
The issue of aoe damage came up in these conversations, so mages were analyzed against warlocks in terms of aoe spells. Again, mages fell behind by comparison, thanks to the development of one single spell. Seed of Corruption by far outperforms the supposed kings of aoe, and at the end of it, they have the luxury of restoring their spent mana without spending consumables to do so.Falling behind in these ways tends to leave mages a little miffed, but some don't care much for pve encounters anyway. At least mages are better at pvp, right? -The face of pvp has changed with the expansion and the introduction of arenas. Gear grants boatloads of health and resilience mitigates critical strike chance and critical strike damage at the same time. All but two classes pvp based on direct damage, possible critically-striking, spells and attacks. Of these, two are the least affected, as their damage stems from a source that is not permanently exhausted. I speak of rage and energy. Druids can be counted as an oddball third, if they're feral. The classes that have a mana dependency for their damage were hurt by this, some to greater extents than others. Softening the blow of limited mana over longer fights involves either a significant source of direct damage that doesn't rely on mana, such as shots and pet attacks or melee orientation, or class features that enable the caster to regain significant amounts of mana. Innervate is excellent for this. Evocation is iffy, as it opens up a valuable school to interruption...and it also requires standing still, doing nothing while being channeled. The priest's trained summon is a handy little mana battery when it gets used.Enter the warlock, with effectively unlimited mana. Life tap (dangerous in pvp, granted), followed by drain life, is an excellent tool for regaining mana, health, or both, especially coupled with possibly the best long-duration self buff in the game. The other major change to the face of pvp is the dreaded pillar-hump. Classes that derive most of their damage from standing still and casting were hurt by the abundance of pillars in the existing arenas. Where a warlock or a priest have only to pop out for a half-second while mashing their dot key of choice, mages, hunters, elemental shaman, and balance druids find themselves a little hard-up for dishing out their damage. To keep up, druids have moonfire and insect swarm and healing spells, hunters have melee pets that follow their targets around the pillars and traps they can lay to slow or freeze their opponents, and shaman have earthbind and grounding totems (and heals, of course). Mages have blink, which is a depressing and buggy mana hog, and water elemental if talented, which unfortunately relies on bolt-style casting. The ranged freeze is certainly handy, I'll grant, but the long cooldown of the elemental itself forces judicious use. In this aspect of the game, mages are finding themselves playing Little Brother to warlocks again. "You had your turn, now it's ours!" some warlocks will cry. What they forget is that when warlocks weren't wanted much for raids back at sixty, they still wreaked havoc in pvp. Currently falling behind another class in two major aspects of the game is irritating and somewhat mind-boggling. The kick between the legs? A healer in pvp gear is nigh impossible to kill as a mage. But wait, there's more. -Itemization, set bonuses, talent trees, buggy or simply poorly-designed spells, and buff-to-nerf ratio all point in a disturbing direction. Either Blizzard, more specifically the folks that run things from the top, doesn't know where it wants the mage as a class to go, or it doesn't care about the discontented players as long as they keep paying and playing, or it's biased in favor of certain classes, or it doesn't even understand how the class operates. Compare the T6 sets to our bigger brother, as one of the relatively recent examples of disparity between awesome and just plain asinine. For two pieces, they get a bonus that grants 70 healing for every tick of Corruption and Immolate, and this healing is amplified by Fel Armor. The mage set for two pieces will grant one extra tick from Evocation. It's a bonus that comes into play once every eight minutes. Stretched over eight minutes, a mage will regain an additional 15% of his mana bar if he gets the luxury of standing still for a ten-second evocation. Over that same eight minutes, assuming only Corruption or Immolate is being used, assuming untalented Fel Armor, the warlock gains 13440 health to convert into mana, which is leaps and bounds greater than 15% of a mage's mana bar can ever hope to achieve. There's also the matter of this unseemly waste of gear value on spirit. Unless you raid in Mage Armor, or you have enough points in Arcane to get that passive regeneration, spirit means effectively nothing to a mage.
Im sorry about that last post my sister was acting stupid
Jshort5 Wrote:Im sorry about that last post my sister was acting stupid
GoodLord, That was a big post.Smile
best game ever!
Played a little the other day, didnt do too bad.
Anyone playing, IBIS Server?
CS is pretty fampus game actually.
CS GO is crushing it right now and it rises in popularity with the e-sports community and the tournaments.
Online gambling is getting huge and it is getting expanded with e-sports so watch out for this niche!
CS brings childhood memories Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin BTW i am now playing CSGo Big Grin
I am sure that a lot of people are still player counter-strike it is just not obvious because there are a lot of games in the spotlight. Well, if you are a real fan of CS, you will never forget about playing it! haha it is one of the dogs you should never miss out.
ALSO, CS:GO is still a big topic now but for the wrong reasons. It seems Valve is being lazy with its systems, especially anti cheat, and now Valorant is stealing its playerbase. Ok I'm done bye haha