Out of teams that I have seen play

1 - Johnson Central
2 - AB Combs
3 - Martin Co.
4 - Pikeville
5 - Paintsville
6 - Dorton

Any others have any thoughts?
Hazard, Buckhorn, Whitesburg, Rose Hill, Mason.

Hazard beat Rose Hill in the finals of the BCI tournament in Florence last weekend if I am not mistaken. Hazard has a complete team.
NEXT Wrote:Out of teams that I have seen play

1 - Johnson Central
2 - AB Combs
3 - Martin Co.
4 - Pikeville
5 - Paintsville
6 - Dorton

In this area. And I honestly think that any of those teams could beat the other on any given night.
If you are just talking about this area, I'd have to say Hazard by quite a bit.
Yeah, East Ky. was what I was referring to.

What about 7th grade teams?
NEXT Wrote:Yeah, East Ky. was what I was referring to.

What about 7th grade teams?

Hazard's is pretty good as well. Of the ones we've played, I'd have to say Martha Jane Potter. I haven't seen nearly as many 7th grade teams. Pikeville and Belfry are pretty good.
Paintsville's 7th is pretty impressive also
NEXT Wrote:Paintsville's 7th is pretty impressive also

Haven't seen them. Did they beat you? If so, by how much?
They beat us by 20 at their place, best team we have played and we were shell shocked.

Beat us by 2 at Belfry in a tight game.
Martin Co 8th grade is hard to beat if they are on.
Hazard/Buckhorn and Whitesburg...Dorton is a solid team and well coached.
I've watched alot of the JC 8th grade team this year and think they are awesome. Here's hoping these guys stay at JC for another four years.:Wave:
NEXT Wrote:Out of teams that I have seen play

1 - Johnson Central
2 - AB Combs
3 - Martin Co.
4 - Pikeville
5 - Paintsville
6 - Dorton

south floyds b and a team are good
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Hazard's is pretty good as well. Of the ones we've played, I'd have to say Martha Jane Potter. I haven't seen nearly as many 7th grade teams. Pikeville and Belfry are pretty good.

we played hazard and beat them both times but they are a good team (7th grade)
Knox County is a good 7th grade team..In KBA they made it to sweet 16 but got beat by 6points by the team that got 2nd (Christian County) and then the team that got 1st (Scott County) beat Wayne County by 3 and Knox beat Wayne 2 times out of 3 more than 10..Look forward to see Knox next year! And there record is 24-2 i think..
I believe Johnson County has the the best 6th grade bunch in Eastern KY.
From which region or district?
I am glad for all these kids but i dont understand why people put that much into middle school. I know that it is a good measure but I have seen kids that are great in ms and never get any better. I think that this is sometimes due to physical development early, but just because a kid can play great in 6-7-8 will not mean that they will without a doubt be good later. congrats to all young players but look at great college players that dont even get into the NBA and if they do it is as a roll player. I think JJRedick was great in college but I have heard nothing from him since college. I think that every level you move up that it changes. You can be great at one level but that does not mean that you will be great at the next.
basketballfan000 Wrote:I am glad for all these kids but i dont understand why people put that much into middle school. I know that it is a good measure but I have seen kids that are great in ms and never get any better. I think that this is sometimes due to physical development early, but just because a kid can play great in 6-7-8 will not mean that they will without a doubt be good later. congrats to all young players but look at great college players that dont even get into the NBA and if they do it is as a roll player. I think JJRedick was great in college but I have heard nothing from him since college. I think that every level you move up that it changes. You can be great at one level but that does not mean that you will be great at the next.

I agree. Nicely put!
Johnson co. 6th grade team is one of the best teams I saw.So I believe that means they have a great future.
Our Paris basketball team is very talented, i think we could see them up with those names
Martin Co. They beat us by 30 in the Pride of The Mountains.
I would have to say that Martin County is the best in the mountains as they are 21 - 0 right now and have pretty much dominated everybody they have played. They won the Dorton and Pride of the Mountains tournaments and have thumped A.B Combs every time the two have played.:devilflam
I believe this thread is from last season and was for boys basketball.
The best Eastern Kentucky Middle School Team is Rosspoint 7&8th grade. They have all their starters back except for 2, and yes they where 7th graders. They won their county tourney too. One of the returning starters had a Double-Double with 10pts 10reb and 8 asst. He was SG but when pressed he would move to PG, he has good ball handling skills.
Has anyone ever got to watch the Powell Co. middle school girls basketball team? They have been undefeated for 2 years now.
Sharpie1502 Wrote:The best Eastern Kentucky Middle School Team is Rosspoint 7&8th grade. They have all their starters back except for 2, and yes they where 7th graders. They won their county tourney too. One of the returning starters had a Double-Double with 10pts 10reb and 8 asst. He was SG but when pressed he would move to PG, he has good ball handling skills.

This team is loaded! I hope their coach can get them some out of county teams where these boys can show their stuff!! :rockon:
I've seen alot of teams play this summer and the best team I've seen by far is Virgie.This is for pike county.I watched them beat Dorton by 39 points back in the summer,beat Pikeville by 24,every game I seen them play they won by 15 or more.Virgie could start a different line-up every night,,thay are loaded.As far as Pikeville and Dorton being better,,,,no way.They don't have a chance to beat Virgie!!!!!!!!I Also i watched them play Hazzard,they lost one and won one.Good game both of them...
wildcats88 Wrote:I've seen alot of teams play this summer and the best team I've seen by far is Virgie.This is for pike county.I watched them beat Dorton by 39 points back in the summer,beat Pikeville by 24,every game I seen them play they won by 15 or more.Virgie could start a different line-up every night,,thay are loaded.As far as Pikeville and Dorton being better,,,,no way.They don't have a chance to beat Virgie!!!!!!!!I Also i watched them play Hazzard,they lost one and won one.Good game both of them...

Don't know who said in this thread that Dorton was better than Virgie. Also, this thread is old. I don't see my boys giving up and losing by 39 this season though.
I'm going to have to say that Morgan County's team should be a decent team but I really don't know who all is playing for them on hand, but the few I do know do have speed and excellent shooting skills and an impressive defense to back it up. Hopefully they are able to keep up with some of the teams mentioned above.
  • 1(current)
  • Next