Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2008 GRID games for middle school
Any thoughts of what is out there???
Thinking of hosting a 6th grade GRID at Russell in 2008. Probably around the 3rd Saturday in August. Trying to get around 8-10 teams to come and play. Play 4 teams at one time on the field with each team running 15 plays each on O and D then switching out. This could be done in 3 hours and eveybody would get time to play each other. Start on the 40 yard line going in. 2 teams on O and 2 on D. One team would switch sides and start over with the new team. The other teams not on the field could rotate in and do their 3 games on the filed then rotate out. All teams could be ther at once and compete against everybody before the pre-season starts. We at Russell have used this format for the past 2 years with our JFL and it really works great. Gets every kid playing time as you play each team that shows.
Any thoughts.??
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
This was discussed and look for the GRID to take place on August 16th 2008.
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
We have started an e-mail group for Middle School Football Coaches in Kentucky.

You can join by one of three ways -

1. Send an e-mail to: [email]KYMSFB-subscribe@yahoogroups.com[/email]

2. Go to: http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/KYMSFB/ & "subscribe"

3. E-mail me directly at [email]FF40212@yahoo.com[/email] and I will send you an invitation.

Hope to talk with you soon. Thank you for helping Middle School Football in the state of Kentucky!!!

Coach Jeremy Bass - Spencer County Middle School
Taylorsville, KY
Well of all the teams that said that thery were going to be there.... Russell Maroon and Russell White, Greenup Greysbranch, Raceland Rams, Morgan County, Coal Grove Hornets. These were the teams that participated in the GRID.
Great time and a great day for football.
Teams played well, good look at the season and where to learn from.
Over-all it was a great day.....
Thanks to all the team sthat did show and congrats on the winners of the Punt, Pass and Kick Championship.
First place in the Throw was: Sammy Smith, 5th grader from Russell threw for a mark of 50.4... Second place was Connor Messer, 6th grader from Russell who threw for a mark of 49.10. First in the PUNT competition was Connor Messer, 6th grader from RUSSELL with a punt of 51 yards. Second was Sammy Smith, 5th grader from RUSSELL at 46 yards. First place in the KICK competition was Connor Messer from Russell who kicked 4 field goals with the longest being 30 yards. Sammy Smith of Russell was second with 3 field goals, longest being 25 yards. They were the only 2 to make a field goal attempt in the competition. Over all Winner went to Connor Messer, second place went to Sammy Smith, Third place went to a young man from Morgan County. Conrgats to all players, coaches and parents whop made this day a great one.