3. Pikeville
????

After that it’s muddy!
(03-21-2023, 10:54 AM)Ice61706 Wrote: 1. Martin County
2. Pike Central
3. Pikeville
????

After that it’s muddy!
It’s for sure those 3 at the top. After that it’s very hard to tell. SV doesn’t have a coach yet and may lose Sykes back to ER.  Belfry if those middle schoolers go there will be young.  Magoffin lost lafferty and under achieved again this year. It will be very hard for Bl to replace Robinson. Paintsville will be young and so will JC. 
PBurg is also TBD. 

I do think we will see some transfer and coaching changes. I’m interested in seeing how all that shapes up.
(03-21-2023, 11:00 AM)Grinch1 Wrote:
(03-21-2023, 10:54 AM)Ice61706 Wrote: 1. Martin County
2. Pike Central
3. Pikeville
????

After that it’s muddy!
It’s for sure those 3 at the top. After that it’s very hard to tell. SV doesn’t have a coach yet and may lose Sykes back to ER.  Belfry if those middle schoolers go there will be young.  Magoffin lost lafferty and under achieved again this year. It will be very hard for Bl to replace Robinson. Paintsville will be young and so will JC. 
PBurg is also TBD. 

I do think we will see some transfer and coaching changes. I’m interested in seeing how all that shapes up.
I too think we will see some transfers across the region. Especially if there are coaching changes and dead time between coaching hires.
1. Martin Co
2.Pine Central 
3. Pikeville 
Then everyone else as of now. With all the rumors going around this list could very easily change n some might be contenders with some of the rumors I’ve been hearing. As always it’s gonna be an interesting off season in the 15th.
(03-22-2023, 09:13 PM)devils88 Wrote: 1. Martin Co
2.Pine Central 
3. Pikeville 
Then everyone else as of now. With all the rumors going around this list could very easily change n some might be contenders with some of the rumors I’ve been hearing. As always it’s gonna be an interesting off season in the 15th.
Care to elaborate to the rumors?  Don’t even have to mention names, just what teams could be involved?
(03-22-2023, 10:06 PM)Grinch1 Wrote:
(03-22-2023, 09:13 PM)devils88 Wrote: 1. Martin Co
2.Pine Central 
3. Pikeville 
Care to elaborate to the rumors?  Don’t even have to mention names, just what teams could be involved?
All three of the top teams could possibly be adding or losing 1 or 2 players. I’m hearing Betsy Lane/Floyd Central could  be losing one of their returning starters. Like always these are just rumors and we will have to wait and see what happens but I do feel confident that at least 1 big name will be transferring before summer ball starts.
Rumors I’m hearing through the Letcher/Pike/Floyd/Johnson county lines.

Spriggs and Boyd heading somewhere, possibly PBurg, Paintsville or Pikeville.

Kidd headed to Pikeville or Pike Central

Stewart to Pikeville or Phelps.

Phelps supposedly getting multiple kids and a new coaching staff

Varneys going to Lawrence or Martin.

Crazy, crazy times.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RTruth's post:
  • Grinch1
(03-23-2023, 05:30 PM)RTruth Wrote: Rumors I’m hearing through the Letcher/Pike/Floyd/Johnson county lines.

Crazy, crazy times.
Wow that is a lot of movement.  I guess everyone is waiting to see all the coaching changes or just after school ends.  Will be an interesting off season in the 15th to say the least.
(03-23-2023, 05:30 PM)RTruth Wrote: Rumors I’m hearing through the Letcher/Pike/Floyd/Johnson county lines.

Crazy, crazy times.

Interesting.  I can't see Kidd to Pikeville though-seems out of place, but who knows.  I do see him at Martin County to make them as the overwhelming favorite if he goes.

Spriigs and Boyd to Paintsville builds a very tough young roster there if that's true.

Betsy Layne is looking like all or nothing this year with as many as six current and former players either staying or going depending on coach.  Only heraring two high school guys committed to coming back in current situation.

Stewart leaving Pike Central is new to me.  He would make anyone instanly a challenger.

I agree that coaches taking their places will determine almost all of these changes.
(03-24-2023, 10:43 AM)Pikecoballer Wrote:

Crazy, crazy times.

Interesting.  I can't see Kidd to Pikeville though-seems out of place, but who knows.  I do see him at Martin County to make them as the overwhelming favorite if he goes.

Spriigs and Boyd to Paintsville builds a very tough young roster there if that's true.

Betsy Layne is looking like all or nothing this year with as many as six current and former players either staying or going depending on coach.  Only heraring two high school guys committed to coming back in current situation.

Stewart leaving Pike Central is new to me.  He would make anyone instanly a challenger.

I agree that coaches taking their places will determine almost all of these changes.

I believe the moves won’t start happening until Shelby Valley coach is announced. Then it could get interesting depending on who they name coach
(03-26-2023, 10:15 PM)devils88 Wrote:
(03-24-2023, 10:43 AM)Pikecoballer Wrote:

Crazy, crazy times.

I believe the moves won’t start happening until Shelby Valley coach is announced. Then it could get interesting depending on who they name coach
I expect Shelby Valley to make a move that has zero affect on the region.
Kidd from Betsy layne to pikeville
Betsy layne coach Newsome new coach at Shelby valley
Keathley kid from prestonsburg to Floyd central to join spriggs & boyd
Floyd central will have a new coach
Thompson from Lawrence county and Justice from east ridge have stepped down as head coaches
LET ALL THE RUMORS BEGIN!!!!
(03-31-2023, 07:11 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: Kidd from Betsy layne to pikeville
Thompson from Lawrence county and Justice from east ridge have stepped down as head coaches

you must really get off on rumors. You posted the same thing 3 weeks ago and it’s still as untrue today. Find another avenue big guy!
Justice from ER will be getting an administrative job.

Keene to Pikeville
No way Kidd will end up at Pikeville. I could see Martin County or Pike central. 
I think Newsome will either stay at BL or step away from coaching for a year. 
Parsley will still be at PBurg so Keathley will stay and you could have Spriggs and Boyd join him there. Reason I’m saying they leave FC is because Moore will still be the coach there
Justice at ER will be leaving and I could see a former assistant getting the job who was an assistant at Valley last year.  
I’ve not heard anything on Thompson.
(03-31-2023, 02:48 PM)Grinch1 Wrote:
No way Kidd will end up at Pikeville. I could see Martin County or Pike central. 
Parsley will still be at PBurg so Keathley will stay and you could have Spriggs and Boyd join him there. Reason I’m saying they leave FC is because Moore will still be the coach there
Justice at ER will be leaving and I could see a former assistant getting the job who was an assistant at Valley last year.  
I agree with almost everything you said here. Not sure why any player would want to go to Pburg for basketball though.
(03-31-2023, 11:30 PM)TRex34 Wrote:
(03-31-2023, 02:48 PM)Grinch1 Wrote:
I agree with almost everything you said here. Not sure why any player would want to go to Pburg for basketball though.
Yeah they don’t have the best track record as of late. Though With a good young player in Keathley, it could be attractive for some. Going to a pre season contender like Martin County, Pike Central or Pikeville the minutes might not be there right away and some want to come in and start immediately.  Only reason I could think of if transfers go to PBurg.
Parsley is telling people he is taking the Logan job.
(04-03-2023, 11:14 AM)SlickRick Wrote: Parsley is telling people he is taking the Logan job.
Hmm. That would be interesting.  If this were to happen, would PBurg look outside or hire in house and someone who wouldn’t leave after a year?  A lot of dominoes left to fall that’s for sure.
(04-03-2023, 12:34 PM)Grinch1 Wrote:
(04-03-2023, 11:14 AM)SlickRick Wrote: Parsley is telling people he is taking the Logan job.
Hmm. That would be interesting.  If this were to happen, would PBurg look outside or hire in house and someone who wouldn’t leave after a year?  A lot of dominoes left to fall that’s for sure.

That’s the PBURG way. Their Middle School has had 5 different coaches in the last 5 years. And if this is true, their HS will have had 3 different coaches in the last 3 years. Coaches either don’t want to stay or get run out. 

And as a result, they stay mediocre or in the bottom half of the region. 

Their best bet is to find a quality coach from Floyd County who will stay for the foreseeable future.
I haven’t seen that logan boys basketball had an opening? Sure will be interesting to see where everyone ends up once the coaching dominoes start to fall.
(04-03-2023, 01:50 PM)BillSelf Wrote:
(04-03-2023, 12:34 PM)Grinch1 Wrote:

That’s the PBURG way. Their Middle School has had 5 different coaches in the last 5 years. And if this is true, their HS will have had 3 different coaches in the last 3 years. Coaches either don’t want to stay or get run out. 

And as a result, they stay mediocre or in the bottom half of the region. 

Their best bet is to find a quality coach from Floyd County who will stay for the foreseeable future.
Who in Floyd county would be a quality coach that would stay there?
(03-31-2023, 10:08 AM)TRex34 Wrote:

you must really get off on rumors. You posted the same thing 3 weeks ago and it’s still as untrue today. Find another avenue big guy!

So tree everybody else's rumors are Boniface? I'm around basketball alot in 15th region and these are bonfire rumors. NEXT