Sep 15 Beechwood (A)
Sep 22 Homes (H)
Sep 29 Grant County (A)
Oct 13 Harrison County (H)
Oct 20 Mason County (A)
Oct 27 Campbell County (H)

Thoughts?
Undefeated or 8-2?
If they’re competing with the top of 4A and don’t go undefeated then they need to be removed from the convo!
[-] The following 1 user Likes FootballFan1999's post:
  • OutlawJoseyWales
Cov Cath can enjoy an easy district for this cycle, but getting past that 2nd round playoff game is going to be difficult.
(03-22-2023, 07:20 PM)plantmanky Wrote: Cov Cath can enjoy an easy district for this cycle, but getting past that 2nd round playoff game is going to be difficult.

So are you thinking Ashland smacks them?
Will say this, Plantman has been adamant over the past couple of months that CovCath wont make it past round two.
Im not so sure I agree but I do respect the consistency.

I do have to think however that Cov Cath would be atleast a two touchdown favorite at home against Ashland in the second round.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fade's post:
  • Bull got out!
(03-23-2023, 10:43 AM)Fade Wrote: Will say this, Plantman has been adamant over the past couple of months that CovCath wont make it past round two.

I do have to think however that Cov Cath would be atleast a two touchdown favorite at home against Ashland in the second round.
I think the Johnson Central vs Ashland game will be interesting. That sounds like a big Rivalry. Should tell a lot about Ashland. Ashland may surprise some as well.
(03-23-2023, 10:49 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(03-23-2023, 10:43 AM)Fade Wrote: Will say this, Plantman has been adamant over the past couple of months that CovCath wont make it past round two.

I think the Johnson Central vs Ashland game will be interesting. That sounds like a big Rivalry. Should tell a lot about Ashland. Ashland may surprise some as well.

That would be something. I just know JC apparently returns the house off a team that competed at a very high level against Corbin last year when it mattered the most. Admittedly, I don't know much about what Ashland returns. Should be fun.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fade's post:
  • Bull got out!
I watched that game in person last season. Johnson Central competed hard. Corbin will be as equally as tuff as last season. With another year under Kid Elams belt and some D1 Freshmen like Pietrowski on the scene and what Corbin has returning. Spells some nice games to watch 3rd Round.
Cov Cath will kick Ashlands ass. It won't be close.
(03-23-2023, 12:26 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: Cov Cath will kick Ashlands ass. It won't be close.

Woah
(03-23-2023, 12:26 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: Cov Cath will kick Ashlands ass. It won't be close.

See this was my line of thinking as well initially but with the way i've seen some talk down on Cov Cath for this upcoming season I was starting to question myself
(03-23-2023, 03:04 PM)Fade Wrote:

See this was my line of thinking as well initially but with the way i've seen some talk down on Cov Cath for this upcoming season I was starting to question myself

CovCath did get a Beechwood transfer at qb. So they a couple qbs to pick from. Should be a good year for CovCath.
[-] The following 1 user Likes UK1fan's post:
  • Bull got out!
(03-23-2023, 11:24 PM)UK1fan Wrote:

CovCath did get a Beechwood transfer at qb. So they a couple qbs to pick from. Should be a good year for CovCath.

Pitzer will be CCH starting QB, if anyone thinks the Beechwood transfer is going to start at QB for them this year, then they aren’t very well informed.
(03-24-2023, 01:30 PM)KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:

Pitzer will be CCH starting QB, if anyone thinks the Beechwood transfer is going to start at QB for them this year, then they aren’t very well informed.

Will see.
Competition makes a team better.
(03-24-2023, 08:50 PM)UK1fan Wrote:

Will see.

1. Pitzer
2. Reardon
3. Harney

Unless Pitzer gets hurt, Pitzer will be the starting QB, and Reardon will probably be the backup.

Plantman counts himself among the most venerated of private school haters, and is even more of a dyed-in-the-wool CCH hater. Historically his predictions about CCH have either been stating the completely obvious, or more often than not, they turn out to be his wishful thinking (CCH not making it past round two in 4A) that turns out to be completely false.

His posts about CCH garner nothing but a yawn, an eyeroll, or both of those from me.

(03-24-2023, 08:50 PM)UK1fan Wrote:
(03-23-2023, 11:24 PM)UK1fan Wrote: CovCath did get a Beechwood transfer at qb. So they a couple qbs to pick from. Should be a good year for CovCath.

Will see.

Cash Harney comes in at a tie for #3 on the depth chart for QB. And that's if he even ends up eligible to play next year.

His momma is an absolute nightmare to deal with but one of her biggest problems at Beechwood was when Cash was brought in last year as a frosh to start varsity after their starting QB went down with an injury, and then weeks later the original starting QB got his job back when he came back from injury and Cash was moved out to slotback. Everyone in NKY heard how much she was trash talking the Beechwood coaches once that happened.

She's gonna be in for a rude awakening when she finds out that more than likely Cash is gonna be playing slotback at CCH  Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like TheOracle's post:
  • Fade, FootballFan1999
Bump
Easiest District in 4A….maybe one of the easiest in all classes. However….I would expect Cov Cath to be fine moving into the 2nd round. If they play Ashland….I’m guessing home field advantage would play a role. We’ll see how it shakes out