Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slack or Smacked!
I have been hearing that a few teams are hammering in the weight rooms getting ready for this season. I also have been hearing of a few teams not so much. 

So if your team comes up short, does it equate to the off season workouts and weight room or is that just something some teams feels like they shouldn't put to much on till spring practice hits?

Does your team slack or Smack?  Woah
(03-20-2023, 02:12 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I have been hearing that a few teams are hammering in the weight rooms getting ready for this season. I also have been hearing of a few teams not so much. 

So if your team comes up short, does it equate to the off season workouts and weight room or is that just something some teams feels like they shouldn't put to much on till spring practice hits?

Does your team slack or Smack?  Woah

The only team I care to know about... are the Hounds smacking that iron ?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!
Smack the weights in the winter/spring or get smacked come fall
[-] The following 2 users Like fansville's post:
  • BEChargers, Bull got out!
I believe there is more to lifting weights than getting stronger. Yes getting stronger is important but not everything. When these kids spend that extra time together it builds a bond. A tight group of friends on the football field is stronger than a bunch of meat heads haha. I’ve played against a ton of kids in my day that were stronger than me in the weight room but not on the field. And I’ve seen that in the 30 years after my playing days haha damn it’s really been 30 years. I know some of you will come back with some snappy smart ass replies but I know most of you get what I’m saying
(03-20-2023, 09:03 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: I believe there is more to lifting weights than getting stronger. Yes getting stronger is important but not everything. When these kids spend that extra time together it builds a bond. A tight group of friends on the football field is stronger than a bunch of meat heads haha. I’ve played against a ton of kids in my day that were stronger than me in the weight room but not on the field. And I’ve seen that in the 30 years after my playing days haha damn it’s really been 30 years. I know some of you will come back with some snappy smart ass replies but I know most of you get what I’m saying

I agree with you that pure stength isn't everything. A lot of it has to do with technique and skill. But it helps to have strong defensive and offensive lines. Without those guys it don't really matter how strong your rb's and receivers are etc.
(03-20-2023, 09:03 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: I believe there is more to lifting weights than getting stronger. Yes getting stronger is important but not everything. When these kids spend that extra time together it builds a bond. A tight group of friends on the football field is stronger than a bunch of meat heads haha. I’ve played against a ton of kids in my day that were stronger than me in the weight room but not on the field. And I’ve seen that in the 30 years after my playing days haha damn it’s really been 30 years. I know some of you will come back with some snappy smart ass replies but I know most of you get what I’m saying

I agree with you.  The physical part is important but the mental part is just as important.  The more you do with your teammates the closer you are.  Especially when it's work, when it's tough.  It builds accountability with each other.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BEChargers's post:
  • GOREDDEVILS
Football players of all ages in Whitley County haven't been idle Smile