Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anderson County Open
After 3 seasons, Coach Mark Palmer has resigned as Head Football Coach at Anderson County High School. 

Over the previous 3 seasons, Anderson County had a record of 4-28, with 0 playoff wins. 

Who will be the next man to take this position?
[-] The following 1 user Likes OldBallCoach1's post:
  • Bull got out!
(03-20-2023, 12:10 PM)OldBallCoach1 Wrote: After 3 seasons, Coach Mark Palmer has resigned as Head Football Coach at Anderson County High School. 

Over the previous 3 seasons, Anderson County had a record of 4-28, with 0 playoff wins. 

This may be the toughest job in KY in 2023.  They were moved up to 5a after not being able to comete in 4a and put in a slaughterhouse of a district.  Kudos to those that had the gall to even apply and especially to whoever takes the job.  Hopefully the administration understand where the program is currently and will give them a chance to try and build something.
(03-20-2023, 01:19 PM)HSFOOTBALL Wrote:
(03-20-2023, 12:10 PM)OldBallCoach1 Wrote: After 3 seasons, Coach Mark Palmer has resigned as Head Football Coach at Anderson County High School. 

This may be the toughest job in KY in 2023.  They were moved up to 5a after not being able to comete in 4a and put in a slaughterhouse of a district.  Kudos to those that had the gall to even apply and especially to whoever takes the job.  Hopefully the administration understand where the program is currently and will give them a chance to try and build something.

I don't know much about Anderson County, but I feel like they have had talented kids over the years, they just can't ever keep them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shogun's post:
  • Bull got out!
(03-20-2023, 01:55 PM)Shogun Wrote:

I don't know much about Anderson County, but I feel like they have had talented kids over the years, they just can't ever keep them.
Yea, Woodford, Mercer and Boyle usually get the top dawgs.
(03-20-2023, 02:33 PM)HSFOOTBALL Wrote:
(03-20-2023, 01:55 PM)Shogun Wrote:

Yea, Woodford, Mercer and Boyle usually get the top dawgs.

Didn't the Collins kid that went to Breathitt a few years ago spend some time at Anderson County too?
Jaxson Arnett a name to watch.
Under Peach they had a very solid program. The parents got what they wanted and the admin got what they deserved. Too bad for those kids.
Seems to be a “red cloud” over anderson. If you catch my drift..
(03-20-2023, 10:47 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: Seems to be a “red cloud” over anderson. If you catch my drift..
Please elaborate ?
(03-20-2023, 10:47 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: Seems to be a “red cloud” over anderson. If you catch my drift..
I’ve heard the same thing
Seems to be the county is getting what is deserved. Fired the winingest coach in school history and then the next guy resigns in March? Seems to be more to the story than meets the eye. Comments in the paper reflect that theory.
[-] The following 1 user Likes olreb's post:
  • Bull got out!
Explain?
(03-21-2023, 09:18 AM)olreb Wrote: Seems to be the county is getting what is deserved. Fired the winingest coach in school history and then the next guy resigns in March? Seems to be more to the story than meets the eye. Comments in the paper reflect that theory.
 I totally agree.  I think firing Mark Peach was the dumbest move ever.  This will be a tough job for anyone for a while I would say.  Maybe the former WHHS coach will go after this one?
Bump. I know of 2 different guys who have applied, but I wouldn't consider them fruntrunners by any means.
(03-21-2023, 10:01 AM)OldBallCoach1 Wrote:
Explain?

Really solid coach who goes by "The Red Cloud" has reportedly put in for the job.. we will see if anything comes from it. Would be a home run hire if they can land him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FootballFan1999's post:
  • GoDeepDawg
Good luck! Anderson County 3 years ago fired winningest coach and now one without success has resigned. Grapevine says they want an Anderson County guy, that the the last guy was an "outsider".
Will they make a run at the programs winningest coach, Mark Peach? Random thought on this Saturday!
Interviews Monday 6 candidates interesting to see, My understanding no one that has head coaching experience.
(04-01-2023, 05:43 PM)olreb Wrote: Interviews Monday 6 candidates interesting to see, My understanding no one that has head coaching experience.

That's a telling statement if true, and I am not doubting you that its a true statement.
(04-01-2023, 05:43 PM)olreb Wrote: Interviews Monday 6 candidates interesting to see, My understanding no one that has head coaching experience.

This is incorrect.
We shall see for the sake of the returning players you would hope they could hire someone like Coach Buchanan. Maybe we will find out soon
(04-03-2023, 10:54 AM)olreb Wrote: We shall see for the sake of the returning players you would hope they could hire someone like Coach Buchanan.  Maybe we will find out soon
Coach Buchanan will go to Lex Catholic before he goes to AC, just my opinion.
I stand corrected apprently he is interviewing
(04-03-2023, 02:55 PM)olreb Wrote: I stand corrected apprently he is interviewing
No doubt about it. He’s going to interview for any nearby openings, just like he did last year when Lex Catholic had the opening.
(04-03-2023, 04:52 PM)Cafe Mocha Wrote:
(04-03-2023, 02:55 PM)olreb Wrote: I stand corrected apprently he is interviewing
No doubt about it. He’s going to interview for any nearby openings, just like he did last year when Lex Catholic had the opening.

You said he'd go to LexCath before Anderson then say "No doubt about it".  So which is it?
(04-03-2023, 08:37 PM)BEChargers Wrote:

You said he'd go to LexCath before Anderson then say "No doubt about it".  So which is it?
Interview sir interview… no doubt about it he would interview at AC, but if he also interviewed at LC and given a chance, he would go to LC instead.
(04-03-2023, 08:49 PM)Cafe Mocha Wrote:
(04-03-2023, 08:37 PM)BEChargers Wrote:

Interview sir interview… no doubt about it he would interview at AC, but if he also interviewed at LC and given a chance, he would go to LC instead.

Ah, thank you.
If Buchanan wants the job then Anderson would be insane not to hire him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlackcatAlum's post:
  • BEChargers
I agree !
On another board it was mentioned that an announcement was supposed to be made. Sounds like it could be anytime.