Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My 15th region top 5 2023-2024
Trinity Rowe has moved up to #1 player in her class for the state of Kentucky. No real shocker because been best player in 15th last several years. Taking nothing away from Feltner last year because she is very talented or anything away from C.Rowe playing at UK. But Trinity is better.
(06-07-2023, 02:19 PM)Truewords Wrote: Trinity Rowe has moved up to #1 player in her class for the state of Kentucky. No real shocker because been best player in 15th last several years. Taking nothing away from Feltner last year because she is very talented or anything away from C.Rowe playing at UK. But Trinity is better.
Best player since when in the 15th region? Katie Ball when she was at Belfry was dominant. Haley Ratliff at Pike Central was very good. What about the state’s all time leading scorer Creech at at Jenkins a few seasons ago?
(06-07-2023, 06:47 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:
(06-07-2023, 02:19 PM)Truewords Wrote: Trinity Rowe has moved up to #1 player in her class for the state of Kentucky. No real shocker because been best player in 15th last several years. Taking nothing away from Feltner last year because she is very talented or anything away from C.Rowe playing at UK. But Trinity is better.
Best player since when in the 15th region? Katie Ball when she was at Belfry was dominant. Haley Ratliff at Pike Central was very good. What about the state’s all time leading scorer Creech at at Jenkins a few seasons ago?
Since as an 8th grader winning 15th region tournament MVP. Katie Ball was great player but never lived up to her potential. Creech and Jenkins were in 14th during her time. But I’ll say she was probably top 3 all time from the mountains (Creech that is). Pull up all the stats you want to. Add college offers and any other accomplishments you want and I’ll say it again that during her playing days Rowe was best in region.
(06-08-2023, 08:42 AM)Truewords Wrote:
Since as an 8th grader winning 15th region tournament MVP. Katie Ball was great player but never lived up to her potential. Creech and Jenkins were in 14th during her time. But I’ll say she was probably top 3 all time from the mountains (Creech that is). Pull up all the stats you want to. Add college offers and any other accomplishments you want and I’ll say it again that during her playing days Rowe was best in region.
Rowe is very good. You can make that case she’s best player in region last 5 years but I’d probably go with Feltner. She has the stats and was on a team where she had to put up big numbers to win. Rowe doesn’t have to do that cause her teammates are much better. I do think Pikeville takes a step back whenever Rowe’s class graduates.
(06-08-2023, 12:04 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:
(06-08-2023, 08:42 AM)Truewords Wrote:
Rowe is very good. You can make that case she’s best player in region last 5 years but I’d probably go with Feltner. She has the stats and was on a team where she had to put up big numbers to win. Rowe doesn’t have to do that cause her teammates are much better. I do think Pikeville takes a step back whenever Rowe’s class graduates.
Feltner is a high level talent. Couldn’t argue with that in anyway. Rowe does have talent around her and she shows often why she is best player on her team just doesn’t have to every night. Pikeville will not be as good as they were after Rowe leaves but Orem will not be without talent and as seen before the portal has an off ramp in Pikeville
According to D&D Belfry has lost another player.
(06-21-2023, 08:07 PM)Realtalk101 Wrote: According to D&D Belfry has lost another player.
Another middle schooler has left. Middle school coach needs speak up. They had good group of 8th graders coming but couple best ones have left now.
(06-21-2023, 08:39 PM)Truewords Wrote:
(06-21-2023, 08:07 PM)Realtalk101 Wrote: According to D&D Belfry has lost another player.
Another middle schooler has left. Middle school coach needs speak up. They had good group of 8th graders coming but couple best ones have left now.
This was news a couple weeks ago. The JR high coach is Kyera Thornsberry’s father. Not sure why players don’t like playing for Kevin but there’s obviously a reason a lot of the players leave
Middle school coach not the issue. Talked to A mom of one today. High school coach wasn’t allowing middle school kids to play up this year. Didn’t even let them practice during summer ball.
(06-21-2023, 08:59 PM)Realtalk101 Wrote:
Middle school coach not the issue. Talked to A mom of one today. High school coach wasn’t allowing middle school kids to play up this year. Didn’t even let them practice during summer ball.
If that’s true why is that? Both middle schoolers who transferred started on varsity last season so why not allow them to play now?
(06-21-2023, 08:58 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:
This was news a couple weeks ago. The JR high coach is Kyera Thornsberry’s father. Not sure why players don’t like playing for Kevin but there’s obviously a reason a lot of the players leave
Now I understand why coach not complaining.
That might explain a whole lot.

Middle school coach sends his daughter to Pikeville and and still Belfry Middle Coach.

Would any other school allow that?
(06-22-2023, 04:42 PM)RTruth Wrote: That might explain a whole lot.

Middle school coach sends his daughter to  Pikeville and and still Belfry Middle Coach.

Middle School knows where the problem is. If you continue to develop and have kids competing outside of our county year in and year out in middle school but they never develop in high school or leave while in high school then that’s where the problem lies. He also has a daughter at Belfry that plays at the high school most don’t realize. If you look at post from the parents that kids have left they explain it all.
(06-22-2023, 05:11 PM)Realtalk101 Wrote:
(06-22-2023, 04:42 PM)RTruth Wrote: That might explain a whole lot.

Middle school coach sends his daughter to  Pikeville and and still Belfry Middle Coach.

Middle School knows where the problem is. If you continue to develop and have kids competing outside of our county year in and year out in middle school but they never develop in high school or leave while in high school then that’s where the problem lies. He also has a daughter at Belfry that plays at the high school most don’t realize. If you look at post from the parents that kids have left they explain it all.
Doesn’t really explain all. Why would you want 1 daughter to play for a coach you didn’t want other one to play for. If that bad why not send both to Pikeville
That's my top 5 and I stand by the top 5
(08-11-2023, 05:16 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: That's my top 5 and I stand by the top 5
1. Pikeville
2. Paintsville
3. Martin County
4. Johnson Central
5. Lawrence County
Sounds like Belfry should fire the MS Coach.
pike heads and shoulders above the rest!!

id say 
Martin Co Distant 2nd but trying to get a transfer from across the pond
Pikeville is the clear favorite .
(09-04-2023, 08:51 PM)Sports72 Wrote: pike heads and shoulders above the rest!!

id say 
Martin Co Distant 2nd but trying to get a transfer from across the pond
I don’t think it matters who Martin County could possibly bring in they will still be 2nd but could potentially push the gap between them an others who are trying to be the 2nd best this season. 
I haven’t heard of them trying to bring anyone in. Who are you hearing they are trying to get?
Martin County is going to be better than expected if the role players hit shots like they did last night. That was one of the missing parts of their game last season. 

Katie Marcum and Laken Williams are about as tough as they come
Update
1. Pikeville
2. Johnson Central
3. Martin County
4. Paintsville
5. Lawrence County
6. Shelby Valley
7. Betsy Layne
8. Pike County Central
9. Prestonsburg
10. Floyd County Central