• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Kentucky High School Football Player You Have Seen
Eric Shelton.
[-] The following 1 user Likes OhYouDidntKnow's post:
  • Bull got out!
Stephen Ray Danville 2015
2nd Team All State Linebacker 

Just as good on offense IMO.

D’mauriae Vancleave was still an underclassman at the time or he’d easily be the #1.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Road Dog's post:
  • Bull got out!
I’m with all the posters when you mention Tim Couch. Great all around player.

I’m gonna show my age a little and say the name of a former Kentucky Mr Football just ran all over people.

Scott Russell from Evarts. That dude had great speed and incredible field vision. It was almost unfair to watch him carry the football.
[-] The following 2 users Like DangerMouse's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!
Tim Couch - nothing in state since has compared to him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bluegrassbredbobcat's post:
  • Bull got out!
(04-22-2023, 06:29 PM)Bluegrassbredbobcat Wrote: Tim Couch - nothing in state since has compared to him.

in no order!!!
1. Craig Yeast
2. Tim Couch
3. Shaun Alexander
4. Dennis Johnson
5. Michael Bush
[-] The following 1 user Likes baseballfan06's post:
  • Bull got out!
Being from small-town Western KY I haven't see all that many that have made a big name for themselves outside of their little communities. The main one that stands out to me is Justin Miller from Owensboro High. Played at Clemson, drafted by the Jets and won NFLs fastest man. Dude was electric with the ball in his hands, every single time he touched the ball could be a home run. Bo Smith played on those same Owensboro teams and he was a stud as well. Went on to start at CB for the Kentucky Wildcats. Those are the 2 I remember the most, but there's been plenty of great players from that area.

Travis Atwell from Hancock County is another one that I haven't seen mentioned yet. I believe he passed for & rushed for over 2,000 yards in a single season. Led Hancock to the state championship game & won Mr Football.

Micah Johnson from Ft Campbell is another name I remember being blown away with but I haven't seen mentioned here yet.
[-] The following 1 user Likes #GoCougs's post:
  • Bull got out!
Other than being a complete psycho who most likely would have been heavily medicated as a youth today, RC started dabbling in drugs too from what I remember. And not the easy stuff. The angel dust kind. One of you Corbin boys might remember what it was.
His house was in Grays by the tracks right down the road from my cousin who played at Corbin.
If not for football, both would have been at Lynn Camp most likely. There’s still a lot of odd stuff about what happened and a lot of it’s been covered here, but I’d like to hear it from his own mouth. Has never really said much of anything, which is the only way you’ll ever convince me you’re actually crazy. Too many attention seekers out there but not him.

Let’s also not forget he could be paroled now. I believe just a few years ago was his first chance. I doubt they’ll ever let him out but you never know….my grandparents called him by his actual name as a little boy down the road.
Riddle. How many people you know named Riddle? Lol

On to the topic of the thread though, as far as pure stature and ability I’m not sure there was a better ball player at Corbin. There’s a lot of big names but none that garnered that type of attention post the Birds era, etc. but Corbin has always had at least one or two studs in every decade. The 90s were full of them. Lawson from Whitley/Corbin in the early 00s, etc. Most other schools in the area has one or two names period. I’d say Corbin has that every decade.
Best I ever saw was Tim Couch.

Best I played against were Jeremy Britt Danville, Matt Quinn Boyle and Eric Shelton at Brain Station. 

Best I played with Jonathan Chapman Breathitt Co. Nothing he couldn't do. He doesn't get the credit most do but during his time at Breathitt 
42-1. 2 state titles. He played huge impact on both those title teams even though he was just a Freshmen And Sophomore. He transfered to Pikeville  before Sr season and was injured in 2nd game. If he doesnt transfer Breathitt probably has another ring.
[-] The following 2 users Like wolfcat's post:
  • Bull got out!, Westside