Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Kentucky High School Football Player You Have Seen
Who is the best high school football player you have ever watched play Kentucky Football
Tim Couch
[-] The following 3 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Big Daddy Bull, North laurel Fan, TheStickyBandit
(03-13-2023, 02:26 PM)#1catsfan Wrote: Who is the best high school football player you have ever watched play Kentucky Football
Michael Bush Lou. Male.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Daddy Bull's post:
  • Bull got out!
being younger I watched Damien Harris play and he has to be the best for me
[-] The following 1 user Likes #1catsfan's post:
  • Bull got out!
(03-13-2023, 02:38 PM)#1catsfan Wrote: being younger I watched Damien Harris play and he has to be the best for me

I remember when Stoops landed a helicopter next to the field to try to recruit him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Old School Hound
Juan Thomas Ashland
Chris Hutt Ashland
Brian Brohm Trinity
It's been a while since I have watched Kentucky HS football in person.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jarons's post:
  • Bull got out!
(03-13-2023, 04:01 PM)Jarons Wrote: Juan Thomas Ashland
Chris Hutt Ashland
Brian Brohm Trinity
It's been a while since I have watched Kentucky HS football in person.

Steve Bailey Pikeville
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Tim Couch
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Bull got out!
Best I saw in person was Victor Hyland with Dashay Henson being a solid second. Both at Clay county.
[-] The following 2 users Like FallRock's post:
  • Bull got out!, M3b
Chris Jennings-Fairview

I played against him and he was a man among boys.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Orange Blaze's post:
  • Bull got out!
Me…I’m a legend in my own mind….
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!
Michael Bush - Male
J. J. Jude - Johnson Central
Arlis Beach - Ashland
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Bull got out!
In no particular order …
Jeremy Caudill - Prestonsburg
Jerry Reese - Christian County
Chester Ford - Danville
Rob Smith - Highlands
Dermontti Dawson - Bryan Station
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gitback Coach's post:
  • Bull got out!
The best player I ever played against was offensive lineman Phil Ratliff from Lawrence County.  He went on to play at Marshall where he was a 2 time All-American and won a national champions.  I played against a few lineman who signed with the University of Kentucky, EKU, etc and IMO this guy was head and shoulders above them all.  He was a beast.  May he RIP.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • Bull got out!
Tommy Greer... no one is a close second.
Shaun Alexander
[-] The following 1 user Likes IAM22's post:
  • Bull got out!
Lately (the last 5 or so years), Braedon Sloan out of Wayne County. Rarely ever seen vision and instincts like that young man had. Just before him, easily it was Wan'Dale Robinson, EASILY the best for the past 8 years, well, narrowly the best I've seen, but actually on second thought, Van'Cleave out of Danville is RIGHT behind Wan'dale in my opinion.

In my life, Chester Ford and Kinte Bess out of Danville, but I would still put Wan'Dale in the category of Ford, just different type of players. Jacob Tamme out of Boyle (I never got to see Tim Couch play). And I will put the big tackle out of Johnson Central in the top 5 players I've EVER seen play high-school football, kid that helped, or maybe was the catalyst to JC upsetting Boyle 3 or 4 years ago, Grant Bingham. Also the 3 big lineman for Belfry, all 3 of those guys round out in my top 10 players I've seen. You put some of the best Danville skill kids over the years on a Belfry or Johnson Central line and you probably are able to play with many of the Florida and Texas teams.
[-] The following 1 user Likes smoke1015's post:
  • Bull got out!
Tim Couch.. He was on a whole nother' level in high school...I saw Jeremy Caudill play too and he was something else.. The strongest high school player I ever saw..
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blacksmith's post:
  • Bull got out!
Fred Taylor and Reidel Anthony at Glades Central High School in Florida were the two best that I've seen at the high school level.

Shaun Alexander, Couch, Bush, and Brian Brohm were the best I watched in Kentucky.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Corbin's post:
  • Bull got out!
Best high school player I've seen was probably Noel Devine. There really needs to be a documentary on that guy. He was one of the most electric players I've ever seen at the high school level and it really doesn't get much tougher than the things he had to deal with as a kid growing up.

Best I've seen in person in Kentucky I think I've got to go with Michael Mayer. A lot of the greats I only ever saw on film, but Mayer was one of those guys that you could just tell was NFL bound from his sophomore year of high school.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shogun's post:
  • Bull got out!
Dennis Johnson best I’ve played against or seen.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Diablo's post:
  • Bull got out!
Chris Jones - Danville
Henry Parks - Harrodsburg

Old School
[-] The following 3 users Like Rebel55's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hatz, Jack Lambert
I’m not very old so my list doesn’t have the greats on it. I’m only 28

Richard Trent - Breathitt County
Channing Fugate - Breathitt County
Daniel Harmon - Pikeville
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • Bull got out!
Best I have seen in person…

Chris Jennings
Tim Couch
Brian Brahm
Damien Harris
Arliss Beach

There was a lineman that played for Trinity back in I think 04 or 05 that was really good. I believe he ended up at Norte Dame. I can’t place his name though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scotty_Bronson's post:
  • Bull got out!
R.C. Thomas --- best lineman, meanest , most intimidating presence I ever saw on a football field. His life after football lived up to that on-field presence.
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hatz
Tim Couch
[-] The following 1 user Likes Iam4thecats's post:
  • Bull got out!
What about Sean Alexander from Boone county can’t leave him out!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes North laurel Fan's post:
  • Bull got out!
(03-14-2023, 10:48 AM)Diablo Wrote: Dennis Johnson best I’ve played against or seen.
I played pickup basketball against him, and "21"...bounced off him like a knat on a few plays.

(03-14-2023, 12:35 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: R.C. Thomas --- best lineman, meanest , most intimidating presence I ever saw on a football field. His life after football lived up to that on-field presence.
Which Corbin player that was recruited and signed with UK that killed his whole family and laid them out in the yard? A Corbin player that played with him told me he was maybe the toughest SOB he ever saw, but most have had some major brain trauma.
[-] The following 1 user Likes smoke1015's post:
  • Bull got out!
Michael Mayer. Dominique Hayden. Walker Parks.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FootballFan1999's post:
  • Bull got out!
Tim Couch.
[-] The following 2 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!, North laurel Fan