Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final Four
Creighton was one of my sleepers, but I never gave a second thought to Florida Atlantic.
(03-21-2023, 10:57 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: Creighton was one of my sleepers, but I never gave a second thought to Florida Atlantic.

My chant going forward is gonna be  :     "SAT !"   "SAT ! "   "SAT!"    "GO PRINCETON!!!!"
(03-21-2023, 10:57 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: Creighton was one of my sleepers, but I never gave a second thought to Florida Atlantic.

Everything I'd read about Florida Atlantic said that they were very deep. They're up to 30 in Adj. O and 35 in Adj. D per KenPom. Seem to remember them grading out really well in another metric-- I think it was FG% or Rebounding rates.

Can't find the article or team capsule on them that I'd like to share but will link it if I do.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cactus Jack's post:
  • Granny Bear
(03-21-2023, 12:41 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(03-21-2023, 10:57 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: Creighton was one of my sleepers, but I never gave a second thought to Florida Atlantic.

My chant going forward is gonna be  :     "SAT !"   "SAT ! "   "SAT!"    "GO PRINCETON!!!!"

This ain't no spelling bee.

All jokes aside, they kept it closer than I thought they would.
(03-25-2023, 12:30 AM)Cactus Jack Wrote:
(03-21-2023, 12:41 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

This ain't no spelling bee.

All jokes aside, they kept it closer than I thought they would.

I was rooting for the Ivies...  Just didn't have quite enough. Great tourney showing, though.
(03-13-2023, 12:48 PM)Van Hagar Wrote: Ok, who has everyone got? I’ve got Alabama,Purdue, Texas and Gonzaga, with Texas over Alabama in championship game. I’ve probably watched less college basketball in total this year than any of the last 50+ years, would have a hard time naming 10 players in the tournament that don’t play for UK.

(03-13-2023, 08:33 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Can't remember a season in my adulthood in which there is such parity. No real dominant team whatsoever. Every #1 seed can be beaten and wouldn't shock me in the least. I

Kennesaw St vs Grand Canyon Charleston vs Montana St LOL

I'll go KY vs Alabama Texas vs Gonzaga(or Kansas)

KY vs Texas for all the marbles.

Okay... I'm a homer(and a dreamer).

I think you two may be the only ones with any team left, much less two. However, just like Corbin cheated Clay County in '98, the referees may have to disqualify OSH's West Region entry if it's determined that he picked two teams. With time expired, we'll send this one out to Mr. Kirk in the video booth.
Man, I love Jim Larranaga.  Loved him ever since his George Mason FF team. Now he has Miami in the FF. If Cal ever retires from UK and if Jim is still breathing,  Coach L.  is the guy I would call(after Brad Stevens, who wouldn't come to Lexington). Larranaga plays a fun style of ball. The man can really flat out coach.
A four seed, two fives and a nine in the Final Four. That means of the supposed 16 best teams in the country, there’s only one left. UConn is playing so well right now, they’d have to be favored, but the other teams have shown so much fight I wouldn’t count any of them out. To me, Florida Atlantic has been an absolute joy to watch with their smart and unselfish play, I’d love to see them pull it off.
[-] The following 2 users Like Van Hagar's post:
  • Cactus Jack, Old School Hound
(03-26-2023, 09:34 PM)Van Hagar Wrote: A four seed, two fives and a nine in the Final Four.  That means of the supposed 16 best teams in the country, there’s only one left. UConn is playing so well right now, they’d have to be favored, but the other teams have shown so much fight I wouldn’t count any of them out. To me, Florida Atlantic has been an absolute joy to watch with their smart and unselfish play, I’d love to see them pull it off.

I think think FAU was anywhere from  +250000 to +300000 before the season to win it all.

UNC and UK were both around +900 .
I think I saw too that only .07%, or 7 out of every 10,000 brackets in the ESPN challenge had FAU even advancing to the Final Four even after the year they had.
(03-26-2023, 10:29 PM)Van Hagar Wrote: I think I saw too that only .07%, or 7 out of every 10,000 brackets in the ESPN challenge had FAU even advancing to the Final Four even after the year they had.

They are a fine basketball team, very capable of winning it all, but they did lose to the mighty Rebels of Mississippi by 13.
I'm hoping they claim the championship. If not them, then  Miami or SD St. would be okay. NO UCONN, please!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Cactus Jack, Van Hagar
(03-26-2023, 09:34 PM)Van Hagar Wrote: A four seed, two fives and a nine in the Final Four. That means of the supposed 16 best teams in the country, there’s only one left. UConn is playing so well right now, they’d have to be favored, but the other teams have shown so much fight I wouldn’t count any of them out. To me, Florida Atlantic has been an absolute joy to watch with their smart and unselfish play, I’d love to see them pull it off.

The majority of FAU's team is eligible to return next season. Could be a very dangerous team next year, but handling the weight of the expectations that they'll have will be a new challenge.