Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Justice Department concealing 400 pages of 'sensitive documents' laying bare payoffs
Imagine how the political landscape will change after Republicans launch legitimate House investigations into the Biden family's criminal enterprises. Assuming that a Republican politician not named Donald Trump takes office on 2041 and purges the Justice Department of the political operatives that thrived there throughout Trump's term in office, the Democrat Party will be sailing some rocky waters over the next few years. 

What are your thoughts? Will Democrats throw the Bidens under the bus to give themselves time to regain some credibility, or will they go down with a sinking ship?

Quote:EXCLUSIVE: Justice Department is concealing 400 pages of 'sensitive documents' laying bare payoffs and gifts to Hunter and Jim Biden from China, Russia and Ukraine - after acknowledging the records exist - lawyer claims in suit

• Colorado lawyer Kevin Evans sued the Department of Justice in March after it failed to comply with his request for records on the Bidens' business dealings
  • Evans asked for documents under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
  • He requested information regarding 'any relationship, communication, gift(s), and/or remuneration in any form' between Bidens and China, Russia or Ukraine
  • He said government lawyers first admitted in court to having at least 400 pages of 'potentially relevant' documents
  • Evans claims the DoJ are now trying to get away with saying they can 'neither confirm nor deny' the existence of any records that match his request
The Department of Justice is trying to prevent disclosure of 400 pages of sensitive documents on Hunter and Jim Biden's dealings with China, Russia and Ukraine – by pretending they don't exist.

Colorado lawyer Kevin Evans sued the department in March after it failed to comply with his request for records on the Bidens' dealings under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).

Evans, a FOIA expert, asked for documents pertaining to 'any relationship, communication, gift(s), and/or remuneration in any form' between the president's son Hunter or brother Jim, and China, Russia or Ukraine.

He said government lawyers first admitted in court to having at least 400 pages of 'potentially relevant' documents – but are now trying to get away with saying they can 'neither confirm nor deny' the existence of any records that match his request.
Repubs will slow walk it, Dems won't respond to it, deep state will "lose" the documents, nobody will get fired much less prosecuted, and all the politicians will get elected again.

We live in an idiot country and most voters are stupid (but do know the latest on the Kardashians 24/7 right down to what they are wearing today.)
What is a Kardashians?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • jetpilot
^^^haha GB if you really don’t know you are so much better off and I won’t tell you because once you see it you can never unsee it. Microcosm of our idiot country.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Granny Bear
I only wish fat asses had been popular when I was in high school!!!
(01-02-2023, 05:34 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Imagine how the political landscape will change after Republicans launch legitimate House investigations into the Biden family's criminal enterprises. Assuming that a Republican politician not named Donald Trump takes office on 2041 and purges the Justice Department of the political operatives that thrived there throughout Trump's term in office, the Democrat Party will be sailing some rocky waters over the next few years. 

What are your thoughts? Will Democrats throw the Bidens under the bus to give themselves time to regain some credibility, or will they go down with a sinking ship?

LOL. According to Dan Bongino this morning--- "The media have been going on and on about the supposed 'clown show,' which was the Republican process to elect the new Speaker of the House. The real clown show was actually happening at the same time with the Dems behind closed doors. I will lay it all out on my show tonight, airing at 9pm on FOX News."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I intend to be there. In fact I might, (in view of the travesty witnessed today when Alabama throttled UK), treat the affair like a sporting event. That means watching on the big screen, turning on the theater surround sound AND the fireplace; and treating Dan's show as an important event. And FWIW, I also heard only this morning, that the Dem's own wrangling back when Schumer et-al were behind doors to set up the new government after the elective fiasco of 2020, made this past week's transparent process by Republicans look orderly and dignified, if not angelic by comparison.

Dem's nominee for Speaker Hakeem Jeffries, and the media, did do their dead level best to make Republicans LOOK like clowns, I give them that. But let's not allow ourselves to become too deceived where it might come to the reported unity within the Democrat conference. I for one do not buy for one second the happy faced spin delivered by Jeffries this morning. Just because the media almost never report anything negative about Democrats does not mean that rational folks are about to allow themselves to be led down the same political primrose path of the Dems have chosen. At least the ones not suffering from a debilitating cognition problems.

I do not believe Dems would even consider throwing the Bidens under the bus.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(01-07-2023, 06:54 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:
(01-02-2023, 05:34 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Imagine how the political landscape will change after Republicans launch legitimate House investigations into the Biden family's criminal enterprises. Assuming that a Republican politician not named Donald Trump takes office on 2041 and purges the Justice Department of the political operatives that thrived there throughout Trump's term in office, the Democrat Party will be sailing some rocky waters over the next few years. 

LOL. According to Dan Bongino this morning--- "The media have been going on and on about the supposed 'clown show,' which was the Republican process to elect the new Speaker of the House. The real clown show was actually happening at the same time with the Dems behind closed doors. I will lay it all out on my show tonight, airing at 9pm on FOX News."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I intend to be there. In fact I might, (in view of the travesty witnessed today when Alabama throttled UK), treat the affair like a sporting event. That means watching on the big screen, turning on the theater surround sound AND the fireplace; and treating Dan's show as an important event. And FWIW, I also heard only this morning, that the Dem's own wrangling back when Schumer et-al were behind doors to set up the new government after the elective fiasco of 2020, made this past week's transparent process by Republicans look orderly and dignified, if not angelic by comparison.

Dem's nominee for Speaker Hakeem Jeffries, and the media, did do their dead level best to make Republicans LOOK like clowns, I give them that. But let's not allow ourselves to become too deceived where it might come to the reported unity within the Democrat conference. I for one do not buy for one second the happy faced spin delivered by Jeffries this morning. Just because the media almost never report anything negative about Democrats does not mean that rational folks are about to allow themselves to be led down the same political primrose path of the Dems have chosen. At least the ones not suffering from a debilitating cognition problems.

I do not believe Dems would even consider throwing the Bidens under the bus.
Not only will they not throw the Bidens under the bus, they will call you conspiracy theorists, racists, homophobes, zenophobes, and every other name in the book for believing your own eyes and ears.
If House Republicans show a spine now that they have subpoena power and committee chairmanships, seeing Democrats throw Biden under the bus is definitely within the realm of possibility. By throwing him under the bus, I mean threatening him with consequences if Biden runs again in 2024. The biggest hurdle that Republicans still face will be the corrupt Justice Department refusing to name a special counsel to investigate Hunter, Joe, and James Biden and the JD's refusal to enforce contempt charges against the Biden administration, which will almost certainly be filed by the House.

Republican candidates for the 2024 elections should make cleaning up the corrupt Justice Department one of their top campaign issues. When a corrupt president controls a corrupt, highly politicized Justice Department, then there can be no real justice in this country at the federal level. Both Democrats and Republicans understood this fact when former Attorney General John Mitchell was forced to resign and served 19 months in prison, as part of the fallout from the Watergate scandal. Democrats seem to have forgotten what should have been a lesson for both major political parties because the Justice Department was never more politicized than it is right now.
I'm not sure what to make of this. It could be a Democrat ploy to fool people into believing that the Justice Department is above politics and is treating Biden the same as Trump. (And planning to later clear Biden of any criminal acts, while indicting Trump. Or, this action could have been taken to pressure Biden into not running in 2024. I don't think that the Justice Department suddenly decided to operate on a non-political basis. What is good for the Democrat Party is not necessarily good for Joe Biden.

The same group of people that repeatedly tried to discredit the evidence of crimes by the Biden family throughout a Republican administration is not suddenly interested in fairly enforcing federal laws, regardless of political affiliation.

Quote:Special counsel named to probe classified records found at Biden’s private home and office

[*]Attorney General Merrick Garland said he appointed a special counsel to investigate the discovery of classified government records at the private home and office of President Joe Biden.
[*]Garland tapped Robert Hur to serve as special counsel. Garland previously had assigned John Lausch, the U.S. Attorney for Chicago, to handle the inquiry after the first batch of records were discovered in November.
[*]“This is not a decision [Garland] made lightly,” a senior Department of Justice official told NBC News.

Attorney General Merrick Garland on Thursday appointed former federal prosecutor Robert Hur as special counsel to investigate the discovery of classified government records at the private home and office of President Joe Biden.

Hur is authorized “to investigate whether any person or entity violated the law in connection with this matter,” Garland said in a public statement he made on the appointment at the Department of Justice.Hur served as the U.S. Attorney for Maryland from 2018 through 2021, after being nominated for that post by then-President Donald Trump, a Republican.

Garland’s announcement, which cited “extraordinary circumstances,” came hours after Biden and his lawyer said that a second batch of classified documents recently had been found in a garage in the Democratic president’s private home in Wilmington, Delaware. 

That discovery was made on Dec. 20.A first batch of classified documents was found on Nov. 2 by lawyers for the president in an office in a Washington think tank that Biden had used while a private citizen between 2017 and 2021, after serving as vice president in the Obama administration.

It is not known why lawyers for Biden waited more than one month to search for government records in other locations associated with the president.

The discovery of the first batch of classified records was only publicly reported on Monday by media outlets and later confirmed by the White House.

The White House has not answered why the discovery was not disclosed when it occurred, which was one week before the November midterm congressional elections.

The first discovery also occurred nearly three months after FBI agents raided the Florida residence of Trump, who is under criminal investigation for retaining thousands of government records, many of them classified, which were found during the raid.

Presidents and vice presidents are required, by law, to return government records to the National Records and Archives Administration when they leave office.
Didn't you hear? The last batch of papers found was "planted"!
(01-12-2023, 09:05 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: I'm not sure what to make of this. It could be a Democrat ploy to fool people into believing that the Justice Department is above politics and is treating Biden the same as Trump. (And planning to later clear Biden of any criminal acts, while indicting Trump. Or, this action could have been taken to pressure Biden into not running in 2024. I don't think that the Justice Department suddenly decided to operate on a non-political basis. What is good for the Democrat Party is not necessarily good for Joe Biden.

The same group of people that repeatedly tried to discredit the evidence of crimes by the Biden family throughout a Republican administration is not suddenly interested in fairly enforcing federal laws, regardless of political affiliation.

Quote:Special counsel named to probe classified records found at Biden’s private home and office

[*]Attorney General Merrick Garland said he appointed a special counsel to investigate the discovery of classified government records at the private home and office of President Joe Biden.
[*]Garland tapped Robert Hur to serve as special counsel. Garland previously had assigned John Lausch, the U.S. Attorney for Chicago, to handle the inquiry after the first batch of records were discovered in November.
[*]“This is not a decision [Garland] made lightly,” a senior Department of Justice official told NBC News.

Attorney General Merrick Garland on Thursday appointed former federal prosecutor Robert Hur as special counsel to investigate the discovery of classified government records at the private home and office of President Joe Biden.

Hur is authorized “to investigate whether any person or entity violated the law in connection with this matter,” Garland said in a public statement he made on the appointment at the Department of Justice.Hur served as the U.S. Attorney for Maryland from 2018 through 2021, after being nominated for that post by then-President Donald Trump, a Republican.

Garland’s announcement, which cited “extraordinary circumstances,” came hours after Biden and his lawyer said that a second batch of classified documents recently had been found in a garage in the Democratic president’s private home in Wilmington, Delaware. 

That discovery was made on Dec. 20.A first batch of classified documents was found on Nov. 2 by lawyers for the president in an office in a Washington think tank that Biden had used while a private citizen between 2017 and 2021, after serving as vice president in the Obama administration.

It is not known why lawyers for Biden waited more than one month to search for government records in other locations associated with the president.

The discovery of the first batch of classified records was only publicly reported on Monday by media outlets and later confirmed by the White House.

The White House has not answered why the discovery was not disclosed when it occurred, which was one week before the November midterm congressional elections.

The first discovery also occurred nearly three months after FBI agents raided the Florida residence of Trump, who is under criminal investigation for retaining thousands of government records, many of them classified, which were found during the raid.

Presidents and vice presidents are required, by law, to return government records to the National Records and Archives Administration when they leave office.
[*]
LOL to everyone who thinks the law is enforced...
(01-12-2023, 09:40 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: Didn't you hear?  The last batch of papers found was "planted"!
Big Grin That is one explanation for Biden being shocked that classified documents were discovered in his "locked garage." He tried to make a big deal out of the fact that the last classified documents found were safely locked in a garage with his Corvette.
Matt Gaetz is right. Democrats are apparently threatening to throw Biden under the bus if he insists on running for another term. Maybe there is another reason that the same crooks who illegally censored news about the Hunter Biden laptop are digging for dirt on the Big Guy, but the simplest explanation is usually the correct explanation.

Quote:Matt Gaetz says classified docs scandal 'feels like the Democrats are taking out Joe Biden'
Gaetz says, 'Maybe the Democrats have realized that Joe Biden is not useful to them anymore'

EXCLUSIVE: Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla., hypothesized that the classified documents scandal surrounding President Joe Biden is being fueled by Democrats who are ready to give the flailing president the hook.

"There's an element to this that feels like the Democrats are taking out Joe Biden," Gaetz told Fox News Digital on Wednesday.

"I don't know that that's the case, but I don't know that it's not," he said. "But just as Joe Biden is hardening the cement around his decision to run for president again, they start looking for what classified documents might have been tucked away eight years ago."

Three batches of Obama administration-era classified documents were found on Biden's property in recent months: one batch at the Penn Biden Center in Washington, D.C., and two at his Wilmington, Delaware, property.