Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McConnell & Omnibus: Did He Allow Democrats to Rob the New GOP House Majority?
That old bastard has political instincts like no one I've seen in my lifetime. You have to think he feels like a victor in the Omnibus negotiations, with policy gains and banking leverage in  an inevitable battle next year over increasing the debt limit. My question is, should he have delayed the Omnibus vote until after Republicans took over control of the House, when Republicans would have had more leverage? He obviously wanted this goliath of a spending bill to be passed now. I read months and months ago where he had made deals with Biden to not run intereference with Joe's spending initiatives. 

Let's face it, Mitch owns this.  He's banking that he will come out looking stronger in the end. We'll see. I never, EVER underestimate him. He may be a bastard but he's your bastard and he's been one of the shrewest politicians in any of our lifetimes.  However, let's once and for all never attach the moniker "Conservative" to him again.  Can you be an ideological conservative and support a $1.7 B  spending bill with so much pork in it that pigs all over are fleeing the country for India. ?

Guess, we'll see eventually if Mitch played his cards right, yet again. He may have chosen to rob the new GOP House majority for his own ill-gotten political gain. Only time will tell.

(12-28-2022, 05:03 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: That old bastard has political instincts like no one I've seen in my lifetime. You have to think he feels like a victor in the Omnibus negotiations, with policy gains and banking leverage in  an inevitable battle next year over increasing the debt limit. My question is, should he have delayed the Omnibus vote until after Republicans took over control of the House, when Republicans would have had more leverage? He obviously wanted this goliath of a spending bill to be passed now. I read months and months ago where he had made deals with Biden to not run intereference with Joe's spending initiatives. 

Let's face it, Mitch owns this.  He's banking that he will come out looking stronger in the end. We'll see. I never, EVER underestimate him. He may be a bastard but he's your bastard and he's been one of the shrewest politicians in any of our lifetimes.  However, let's once and for all never attach the moniker "Conservative" to him again.  Can you be an ideological conservative and support a $1.7 B  spending bill with so much pork in it that pigs all over are fleeing the country for India. ?

Guess, we'll see eventually if Mitch played his cards right, yet again. He may have chosen to rob the new GOP House majority for his own ill-gotten political gain.  Only time will tell.

Correction:   Mitch's Omnibus is 1.7 T ,  trillion , not billion !!!!   Wrap your heads around that. Maybe that's "Conservative" by today's standards. Seems Mitch and 17 other GOP senators think so.
(12-28-2022, 05:03 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: That old bastard has political instincts like no one I've seen in my lifetime. You have to think he feels like a victor in the Omnibus negotiations, with policy gains and banking leverage in  an inevitable battle next year over increasing the debt limit. My question is, should he have delayed the Omnibus vote until after Republicans took over control of the House, when Republicans would have had more leverage? He obviously wanted this goliath of a spending bill to be passed now. I read months and months ago where he had made deals with Biden to not run intereference with Joe's spending initiatives. 

Guess, we'll see eventually if Mitch played his cards right, yet again.
Conservatives have known for decades that McConnell is not one of us. As is the case of so many crooked Democrat lifelong politicians, Mitch McConnell is in politics to amass a personal fortune on the taxpayers' dime. I would love to know precisely how much wealth McConnell and his wife have accumulated at our expense. He is among a small (but much too large) group of politicians whose personal fortunes I suspect are at least a magnitude greater than their documented net worths. Americans have enabled crooks like McConnell, the Clintons, the Bidens, and the Pelosis to ransack the U.S. treasury as if it were nothing more than their personal piggy bank.
(12-28-2022, 05:13 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

Conservatives have known for decades that McConnell is not one of us. As is the case of so many crooked Democrat lifelong politicians, Mitch McConnell is in politics to amass a personal fortune on the taxpayers' dime. I would love to know precisely how much wealth McConnell and his wife have accumulated at our expense. He is among a small (but much too large) group of politicians whose personal fortunes I suspect are at least a magnitude greater than their documented net worths. Americans have enabled crooks like McConnell, the Clintons, the Bidens, and the Pelosis to ransack the U.S. treasury as if it were nothing more than their personal piggy bank.

Agree.  Mitch is not an ideologically strict conservative by any stretch. What he is ,  is a political animal. And a smart one. He almost always plays his hand to his advantage. We'll see if his Omnibus hand was a straight flush, once again.

McConnell and other power players on both sides of the political aisle are robbers. Might as well call them the Jesse James Gang.
Jesse robbed trains for a living. McConnell & Co. rob our bank accounts for a living. The only difference between them and Jesse is that they do it without a gun and with a sh!tty @ss grin.
The biggest difference between McConnell, Biden, and Pelosi is evidence. I suspect that McConnell is as crooked as anybody in Washington but I have no clear evidence that is the case. I know that Biden and Pelosi are crooks because of an abundance of evidence, but Democrats don't seem to care. If there was 1/10th the evidence against Trump as there is against Biden and his gang, Trump would be behind bars for the rest of his life. 

I would fully support investigating McConnell's finances and sending him off to prison if my suspicions proved to be correct. In contrast, liberal Democrats continue to defend felons like Joe Biden and Hillary Clinton despite mountains of evidence against them and continue casting votes for them.
Are we okay with this appropriation within the Omnibus bill:

$410 million dollars for "enhanced border security" in Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Tunisia and Oman ???

I was wondering that very thing the other day. He's one of a bunch , on both sides , who's no doubt  fattened his wallet at the expense of the rest of us. I admire his political skills but that's about it.
(12-28-2022, 10:15 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Are we okay with this appropriation within the Omnibus bill:

$410 million dollars for "enhanced border security" in Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Tunisia and Oman ???

I'm definitely not ok. Are you ok with our open borders? Yes or no. I bet you won't answer.
NO!!
I know this is gonna sound rather fantastical to many but it is the absolute truth. I have two aging, very sick parents that I must help care for, as well as hold down a full time job as an educator, plus I have nine pets that need and desire my constant love and attention. I don't think I have ever given as much as a moments worry or sacrificed a second of my needed sleeep at night contemplating or concerning myself with building a fortress at the country's borders. I'll let you all worry yourselves with that while I get my forty winks each night.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Gitback Coach
(12-29-2022, 12:18 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: I know this is gonna sound rather fantastical to many but it is the absolute truth. I have two aging, very sick parents that I must help care for, as well as hold down a full time job as an educator, plus I have nine pets that need and desire my constant love and attention. I don't think I have ever given as much as a moments worry or sacrificed a second of my needed sleeep at night contemplating or concerning myself with building a fortress at the country's  borders. I'll let you all worry yourselves with that while I get my forty winks each night.

We all sleep at night. We all have responsibilities. We all work. You dodged the question again. Open borders, yes or no? This is a typical lib dodge. You have enough time to start threads and you had enough time to type this word salad above, so take a couple seconds to type a simple yes or no. Are you for open borders? Just type a one word response, better yet just type one letter. Type a Y or type a N.

And it's not building a fortress, it's enforcing immigration laws. You know, like every other country on Earth does. Geez, impossible to get libs to even say our borders shouldn't be open.
I just asked my mom the question that you asked. She worries herself more about illegals crossing the border than I do. She said to tell my friend Jetpilot that Donald Trump should be reinstated as President immediately and that he will keep the  damn foreigners out of the country. Said her solution is what Trump would advocate--- "mowing all the bastards down with machine guns."

I told you mom was hardcore MAGA .  lol  Just think, she used to LOVE Bill(Clinton) .

"You can go to live in France but you cannot becone a Frenchman . You can go to live in Germany or Turkey  or Japan but you cannot become a German or a Turk or a Japanese. But anyone from any corner of the Earth can come to live in America and become an American." --- Ronald Reagan(Last speech as President)
  • Gitback Coach
Something that JetPilot alluded to, OSH. He asked if you supported open borders. That required a one word answer and nowhere did he say to build a fortress. You reconstituted his entire question. I know you can be direct; I've seen it. And nowhere has anyone thrown an insult at anyone in this thread. I find it telling how you answer these kinds of questions.
(12-29-2022, 02:55 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:

I was wondering that very thing the other day. He's one of a bunch , on both sides , who's no doubt  fattened his wallet at the expense of the rest of us. I admire his political skills but that's about it.
Why do you show no such curiosity about the amount of wealth that the Bidens have amassed through a lifetime of so-called public service by their crooked, dim-witted patriarch?
(12-29-2022, 12:02 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: NO!!

Gran, just to play devil's advocate for a bit, does the safety of Tunisians not concern you? I had a very sweet student from Tunisia back in the spring. Both my student, who was living and studying in KY,  and her sister(a lawyer, living in Cali) were both born and raised in Tunisia. Their mom, dad, and brother still live in Tunisia. She said the citizens in her country live in fear of some of its neighboring countries, who would like nothing more than to seize Tunisia. With its accessibility to the Mediterranean coastline and strategic location, Tunisia has been a prize valued by numerous conquerers throughout the ages. Tunisians distrusted and feared Libya's Gaddafi while he was in power on their southeast border.  I know 400 M is a lot of money, but it's just a tiny drop in the bucket of the total of $858 B  in Omnibus monies that is appropriated for defense spending. 

No love for our Tuni Sunni friends?
  • Gitback Coach
(12-29-2022, 12:18 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: I know this is gonna sound rather fantastical to many but it is the absolute truth. I have two aging, very sick parents that I must help care for, as well as hold down a full time job as an educator, plus I have nine pets that need and desire my constant love and attention. I don't think I have ever given as much as a moments worry or sacrificed a second of my needed sleeep at night contemplating or concerning myself with building a fortress at the country's  borders. I'll let you all worry yourselves with that while I get my forty winks each night.

This might be scarier than the open boarders.
[-] The following 1 user Likes plantmanky's post:
  • Hoot Gibson
(12-29-2022, 02:01 PM)plantmanky Wrote:

Your kids have to be shown the light of day by some good liberal somewhere. lol  I know my EKU professors really opened my eyes. I'm just trying to pass on the love. lol  College is where kids are shown how to think critically for probably the first time in their lives.

Education is a valuable commodity and a much needed commodity in our country today.  Send your young scholars  to me... AND FAST!!!    In the era of MAGA,  there is no time to lose !!!
  • Gitback Coach
(12-29-2022, 01:54 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(12-29-2022, 12:02 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: NO!!

Gran, just to play devil's advocate for a bit, does the safety of Tunisians not concern you? I had a very sweet student from Tunisia back in the spring. Both my student, who was living and studying in KY,  and her sister(a lawyer, living in Cali) were both born and raised in Tunisia. Their mom, dad, and brother still live in Tunisia. She said the citizens in her country live in fear of some of its neighboring countries, who would like nothing more than to seize Tunisia. With its accessibility to the Mediterranean coastline and strategic location, Tunisia has been a prize valued by numerous conquerers throughout the ages. Tunisians distrusted and feared Libya's Gaddafi while he was in power on their southeast border.  I know 400 M is a lot of money, but it's just a tiny drop in the bucket of the total of $858 B  in Omnibus monies that is appropriated for defense spending. 

No love for our Tuni Sunni friends?
Spending on Tunisian border security, like every other Biden foreign policy action, is a perfect opportunity to skim money to fund the Big Guy's cut. Call me a conspiracy nut if you want, but I believe that crooks in this country's two major political parties conspire to ensure that there is no real oversight of a large amount of federal spending so that billions of dollars paid to corrupt foreign governments can find its way back to political slush funds and private off-shore bank accounts.

This country is broke. The failure to secure our southern border is costing this nation trillions of dollars that both the current and future generations will be paying. Politicians like Biden, Pelosi, McConnell, and the Clintons do not become wealthy from their government salaries. Spending money to secure Tunisia's border makes sense only if one assumes that the money is not being spent for the stated purpose.
(12-29-2022, 01:24 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: Something that JetPilot alluded to, OSH.  He asked if you supported open borders.  That required a one word answer and nowhere did he say to build a fortress.  You reconstituted his entire question.  I know you can be direct; I've seen it.  And nowhere has anyone thrown an insult at anyone in this thread.  I find it telling how you answer these kinds of questions.

I find it telling how he doesn't answer them. Perfect brainwashed liberal Dem sheep.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1607...32/photo/1
(12-29-2022, 01:28 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

Why do you show no such curiosity about the amount of wealth that the Bidens have amassed through a lifetime of so-called public service by their crooked, dim-witted patriarch?
Because his TV told him to not worry about it.
(12-29-2022, 03:03 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

I don't watch TV.
  • Gitback Coach
(12-29-2022, 03:08 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(12-28-2022, 05:13 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Conservatives have known for decades that McConnell is not one of us. As is the case of so many crooked Democrat lifelong politicians, Mitch McConnell is in politics to amass a personal fortune on the taxpayers' dime. I would love to know precisely how much wealth McConnell and his wife have accumulated at our expense. He is among a small (but much too large) group of politicians whose personal fortunes I suspect are at least a magnitude greater than their documented net worths. Americans have enabled crooks like McConnell, the Clintons, the Bidens, and the Pelosis to ransack the U.S. treasury as if it were nothing more than their personal piggy bank.

I don't watch TV.
Maybe not. Doesn't change the fact that your opinions are assigned to you without you realizing it. I always know what your opinion on any subject will be before you even know.
(12-29-2022, 02:22 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Your kids have to be shown the light of day by some good liberal somewhere. lol  I know my EKU professors really opened my eyes. I'm just trying to pass on the love. lol  College is where kids are shown how to think critically for probably the first time in their lives.

Education is a valuable commodity and a much needed commodity in our country today.  Send your young scholars  to me... AND FAST!!!    In the era of MAGA,  there is no time to lose !!!

They get free room and board among many other freebies so technically he's right.
(12-29-2022, 03:39 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(12-29-2022, 02:55 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: I was wondering that very thing the other day. He's one of a bunch , on both sides , who's no doubt  fattened his wallet at the expense of the rest of us. I admire his political skills but that's about it.

I don't watch TV.
Maybe not. Doesn't change the fact that your opinions are assigned to you without you realizing it. I always know what your opinion on any subject will be before you even know.
How do you know that your opinions haven't been assigned to you since birth, w/o your realization,  and reinforced by those in the media whose philosophies and propoganda is mostly aligned with what you want to believe? 

Asking for my mom, who would never let her views be shaped and raped by social media and tabloid journalism.   lol
  • Gitback Coach
(12-29-2022, 04:01 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(12-29-2022, 01:28 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Why do you show no such curiosity about the amount of wealth that the Bidens have amassed through a lifetime of so-called public service by their crooked, dim-witted patriarch?

I don't watch TV.
How do you know that your opinions haven't been assigned to you since birth, w/o your realization,  and reinforced by those in the media whose philosophies and propoganda is mostly aligned with what you want to believe? 

Asking for my mom, who would never let her views be shaped and raped by social media and tabloid journalism.   lol
Because my opinions aren't 100% positive for one side and 100% negative for the other (far from it), and my opinions change over time as more information becomes available. OTOH, I always know what your opinion is going to be on any subject before you ever state it or even know it yourself.
(12-29-2022, 04:26 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(12-29-2022, 03:03 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Because his TV told him to not worry about it.

I don't watch TV.

Because my opinions aren't 100% positive for one side and 100% negative for the other (far from it), and my opinions change over time as more information becomes available. OTOH, I always know what your opinion is going to be on any subject before you ever state it or even know it yourself.

Sounds like you may be clairvoyant. That would seem to be a very marketable , and potentially valuable , gift.

To answer the questions posed of me:

1.  Yes, I would like to know how much money EVERY politician, Dem and Rep , has accumulated in the "careers" at the taxpayers expense. And yes, I would be for sending any Democrat or Republican to prison who has committed crimes. Doesn't matter the party, they should go to jail.

2.  Border security. Sure, build a wall , if you want. Shoulder to shoulder security, if you desire.  Fine.  I'm okay with it.  Construct  bridges,  and forget the  walls, if you want. I'm fine with that. Honestly, I say, whatever.  None of it will escalate my blood pressure. I was honest earlier when I said I hadn't given a moment of my thought or energy to the issue of border security. No one coming across the border looking for a better life  is likely to sodomize me with a broom handle or take over my teaching job.  Neither my life, my families' life, or yours, is likely to be affected. However, if it's an impenetrable fortress around the whole country that makes you feel safe and lessens your xenophobia, then I say build it. It's a big "whatever" for me.

Edit:  Mom disagrees. She wanted to add this.  "Build the damn wall and build it BIG," she says. "In the meantime, kill everyone that tries to cross the border. Gun down all of them --- men and women, young and old.  They have no business in our country."

I love mom but she's a little Trumpo Wacko . You might say she has some hardcore conservative views on immigration.   lol
  • Gitback Coach
(12-29-2022, 04:26 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(12-29-2022, 03:03 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Because his TV told him to not worry about it.

I don't watch TV.

What makes you comfortable trusting that information? What one person claims is fact, another will deem it to be fiction.

Will you believe information provided to you by Rachel Maddow , Joe Scarborough , or...   Liz Cheney ?
  • Gitback Coach
Don't know where to start with all this ignorant sh!t on these two open threads and don't have time. But I will make time over the weekend. I will say the only thing I would ever believe out of Maddow would be if she/he said she/he was really a man. I despise Scarborough 100x more than the Maddow dude because he claimed to be a conservative his whole life until he sold his soul to read DMC fake news talking points cue cards on MSDNC for millions and ditched his family for the galactically stupid and insane Mika Chefsheski lol...
(12-30-2022, 12:12 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Don't know where to start with all this ignorant sh!t on these two open threads and don't have time. But I will make time over the weekend. I will say the only thing I would ever believe out of Maddow would be if she/he said she/he was really a man. I despise Scarborough 100x more than the Maddow dude because he claimed to be a conservative his whole life until he sold his soul to read DMC fake news talking points cue cards on MSDNC for millions and ditched his family for the galactically stupid and insane Mika Chefsheski lol...

If you took the curriculum vitaes of me, you, Hoot, and Granny B all together , Rachel's  will make ours look like a mess of squirrel semen. Hers starts with a doctorate in political science from Oxford.
  • Gitback Coach
(12-30-2022, 02:49 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(12-30-2022, 12:12 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Don't know where to start with all this ignorant sh!t on these two open threads and don't have time. But I will make time over the weekend. I will say the only thing I would ever believe out of Maddow would be if she/he said she/he was really a man. I despise Scarborough 100x more than the Maddow dude because he claimed to be a conservative his whole life until he sold his soul to read DMC fake news talking points cue cards on MSDNC for millions and ditched his family for the galactically stupid and insane Mika Chefsheski lol...

If you took the curriculum vitaes of me, you, Hoot, and Granny B all together , Rachel's  will make ours look like a mess of squirrel semen. Hers starts with a doctorate in political science from Oxford.
Bless your heart. Doctorate in political science from Oxford LOL. That and a dollar won't get you a cup of coffee. There are tons of "educated" idiots out there OSH. Maddow couldn't run a lemonade stand and I wouldn't put her in charge of mowing my lawn. Geez you are gullible beyond words.