Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GEORGIA
I would have never thought that the Democrats would have TWO  U.S. senators from the state of Georgia. That would have been unfathomable  just a few short years ago. I know Stacey Abrams' work in the state has been huge for Democrats but, still, in the past election cycle, it was definitely the Republicans to lose, and lose they did.  

I believe a combination of running some really poor candidates, along with the Trump effect , has been the biggest contributing factors for losses that, by all rights, should have been wins for the GOP.  I think they need to start putting forth better people to run and continue to distance themselves from the Toxic Don.  They took too long to start running away from Trump and it cost them bigtime. 

The devil went down to Georgia. He was looking for a soul to steal. He was in a bind ; he was way behind. He was looking to make a deal. Trump's deals have stolen the soul of the GOP and it cost them two senators in a state that should have never turned colors. Party leaders have themselves to blame and are likely seeing red but feeling blue, at this point.

Is there a lesson to be learned from Georgia for the GOP?
(12-08-2022, 06:42 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: I would have never thought that the Democrats would have TWO  U.S. senators from the state of Georgia. That would have been unfathomable  just a few short years ago. I know Stacey Abrams' work in the state has been huge for Democrats but, still, in the past election cycle, it was definitely the Republicans to lose, and lose they did.  

I believe a combination of running some really poor candidates, along with the Trump effect , has been the biggest contributing factors for losses that, by all rights, should have been wins for the GOP.  I think they need to start putting forth better people to run and continue to distance themselves from the Toxic Don.  They took too long to start running away from Trump and it cost them bigtime. 

The devil went down to Georgia. He was looking for a soul to steal. He was in a bind ; he was way behind. He was looking to make a deal. Trump's deals have stolen the soul of the GOP and it cost them two senators in a state that should have never turned colors. Party leaders have themselves to blame and are likely seeing red but feeling blue, at this point.

The lesson is not to run bad candidates from another state to run for a state's Senate seat. As candidates go, they don't get much worse than Warnock, but thanks to former President Trump, the GOP found one to run against him. Stacy Abrams is an unethical loser who has corrupted the election process in Georgia, but there is still no excuse for the loss to Warnock.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • jetpilot
(12-08-2022, 06:42 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: I would have never thought that the Democrats would have TWO  U.S. senators from the state of Georgia. That would have been unfathomable  just a few short years ago. I know Stacey Abrams' work in the state has been huge for Democrats but, still, in the past election cycle, it was definitely the Republicans to lose, and lose they did.  

The lesson is to get as good at ballot harvesting as Dems and to not report results from red counties until Dems report so Dems won't know how many votes they need to "find" to miraculously come from behind to win. And yes Trump, McConnell and McDaniel are to blame. Not 50% as smart as they think they are and pure swamp creatures. Will also help a lot that conservatives won't be squelched on Twitter anymore.

Matt Gaetz posted on Twitter:

McConnell
McCarthy
McDaniel

McLoser
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Hoot Gibson
I'm really curious to see what Trump's actions are from here on out. He's losing support among Republicans. It's Desantis' nomination to lose, at this point. Trump can't stand Desantis' infringing upon his spotlight and he has no loyalty to anyone , including the GOP, except for himself. When it dawns on him that he has no chance, will he try to guarantee that Desantis loses by trying to take him down or by running as a third party guy? Wouldn't surprise me if Trump has the attitude "if I don't win, then no Republican's going to, either."

And Jet, I disagree with you about Mitch. Yes, he has made some miscues, especially recently, but the guy is one wily fox. He's as shrewd a politician as we've seen in the last forty years. Never count him out!!!
These seats should have been easy pickins for the GOP. I know Georgia is becoming bluer for a variety of factors, but no way should it have happened in the past election cycle. I'm used to the dumb Democrats(they really are good at knowing how to pull defeat from the jaws of victory) blowing chances to win elections but, let's face it, this time the GOP blew it big time in Georgia.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Hoot Gibson