Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Do You Keep Your Thermostat Set On?
I used to enjoy getting on this forum and reading posts.  Things have died down, and I'd like to try to get them going again.  

Simple question.  What do you keep your thermostat set on in your house in the winter and in the summer?
In the summer I keep it on 69. In the winter I keep it on either 66 or 67.
70 pretty much year round. Havent had to turn the heat on yet.
^^I don't believe that!!!

My house is all but empty now, so I keep all my doors shut and only heat/cool 3 rooms. With my buck stove insert in the fireplace, my heat rarely comes on. I keep my thermostat at 62, but most times it's much warmer than that due to the fire. There's nothing any warmer than a real fire.

In the summer, I keep my ceiling fans on, and the thermostat on 74. This saves me a ton on electricity bills.
(12-06-2022, 11:39 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: ^^I don't believe that!!!

My house is all but empty now, so I keep all my doors shut and only heat/cool 3 rooms.  With my buck stove insert in the fireplace, my heat rarely comes on.  I keep my thermostat at 62, but most times it's much warmer than that due to the fire.  There's nothing any warmer than a real fire.

In the summer, I keep my ceiling fans on, and the thermostat on 74.  This saves me a ton on electricity bills.

I couldn't handle 74.

My house is all but empty now, so I keep all my doors shut and only heat/cool 3 rooms.  With my buck stove insert in the fireplace, my heat rarely comes on.  I keep my thermostat at 62, but most times it's much warmer than that due to the fire.  There's nothing any warmer than a real fire.

In the summer, I keep my ceiling fans on, and the thermostat on 74.  This saves me a ton on electricity bills.

My house is so sealed up it holds temp.  Great in the winter, sucks in the summer, if you let the house get hot you cant get it out.  

My father in law uses a little electric heater by his chair at times if he gets chilly.

Once it gets down into the 30's for highs the heat will come on.  Till then.  NOPE. 

BTW we are all electric heat.  sucks.

We have a Buck Stove too but haven't used it in several years.
I LOVE my stove!!

I'm all electric, too. Electric heat is the coolest heat ever!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • Westside
69 year round
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL